Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM?
Guaita 3 0.59%
Wan-Bissaka 27 5.27%
Kelly 102 19.92%
Sakho 16 3.13%
van Aanholt 1 0.20%
McArthur* 8 1.56%
Schlupp 142 27.73%
Milivojevic 15 2.93%
Townsend 2 0.39%
Zaha 146 28.52%
Benteke** 3 0.59%
Meyer * 43 8.40%
Batshuayi ** 4 0.78%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
I only had a half eye on the first half. We're we as bad as people on the match thread were saying or was there a bit of pant wetting?

Miss of the match (I didn't see Zaha's & Jimmy Macs in the first half):

1) Jimmy Mac (2nd half)
2) Bashuyai
3) Benteke
What do you think?
Old 09-02-2019, 06:09 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kelly did well...particularly the tackle on Antonio... but shite header, our centre backs are really letting us down re goals at the other end of the pitch.

Thought WestHam were biggest divers for a long time - Antonio, Hernandez and Snodgrass take a bow.

Please practice shooting Palace.

Some lovely stuff secondhalf.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:22 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
- Martin Kelly is everything you want in a squad player. What a top pro and footballer he is.
- Im sure Im not alone in having my heart in my mouth when Mama went down.
- Max is a quality footballer.
- we should have hit double figures, let alone win.
- when were on fire like in the second half were a bloody good team.
- We should do everything we can to sign Batman in the summer. He might not have scored but he fits us like a glove, and that goes both ways.
- A point is a point and many a game in the past we would have lost that game.
- I sensed Wilf has calmed.
- I love Macca but hes fading. I think He should be used as a sub to come on. Hes still a bloody good footballer.
- West Ham must feel like theyve won the World Cup (again) to come out of
that with a point.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:27 PM

cpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
I thought he was good. One mistake is he should have given Luka a second yellow--not that I'm complaining.
One of the worst refereeing performances that I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Had to check the Spammers team sheet to see if he was named on it. Appalling ref.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Townsend probably our worst performer today. All the effort but nothing came off, and he was caught in possession multiple times when he had easy passes to a team mate available

Pwasons performance was one of the most one sided I've ever seen, hopeless

Wham, biggest diving load of wankers ever

Chipolata, Snodgrass, Antonio and Noble, what a shower of c*nts
Old 09-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc since 1963 View Post
One of the worst refereeing performances that I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Had to check the Spammers team sheet to see if he was named on it. Appalling ref.
Nailed him.

Must count Karen Brady as a friend - with benefits. Shocking performance.

Kelly showed again why he's such a great asset to the squad. Liked Schlupp today, looked like he played further forward than usual. Zaha had a much better second half.

Would have liked to have seen Benteke play up front in a two with Batman.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I think they had given Wilf some Valium!

Not sure why all the stick the ref is getting? What am I missing? As others have said, his only mistake I saw was not sending off Luka!
Old 09-02-2019, 06:42 PM
KISS MY AR*SE SEAWEED

crowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowcrowboro eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
How many more times this season are we going to have a team on the ropes knees knocking and fail to hit the killer blow. So so frustrating
Old 09-02-2019, 06:44 PM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Best game I have seen from Schlupp today, his passing was very tidy and he was positive on the ball -maybe his goals and Roy’s faith inhim has given him a bit more confidence. Kelly was also excellent - he never lets us down when called upon and is clearly a much better centre cake than he is full back. Meyer also very good when he came on and would like to see more of him.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Not sure why all the stick the ref is getting? What am I missing? As others have said, his only mistake I saw was not sending off Luka!

You must be wearing the same pair of glasses as the ref. One of the most one sided performances I've witnessed for some time. Probably a record number of times a ref was serenaded with "you don't know what you're doing" (other ditties also available) during a match.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Very poor first half - largely overrun in central midfield so a little surprised by the high ratings for Schlupp - thought Rice and Noble were excellent for them. Much better in second half - Meyer very impressive - should have had longer, deserved at least a point.

Failed to understand how Diop was allowed to haul down Kelly at every other corner (and Benteke in open play) without at least one penalty. Ref was very poor though - how none of their players were booked is beyond me.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:48 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The complete inconsistentsy in his performance. Yelow card for AWB when he won the ball, but not for Cresswell when he flew in two feet off the floor. Yellow for Luka for a foul on the edge of their area, but not for Ogbona (?) when he does exactly the same thing. The free kick that led to the penalty? The fact that he gave a foul nearly every time one of their players dropped but missed 3 or 4 blatant fouls on wilf. If that bloke didn't have money on palace 3 yellows and west ham none I'll be amazed.

Last edited by Ryan_the_eagle; 09-02-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Similar to Fulham game , although to a lesser extent . We were slow and careless in first half and West Ham dictated game ( they looked a much better side ) . Bringing Batshuayi on seem to up the tempo . We had more movement and were excellent apart from our finishing .

Guaita 5.5 Not much to do was poor for penalty and looks a bit wary under physical pressure
AWB 7 Another good game but is that 3 bookings in 3 games
PVA 6 The problem he has is when he plays these neat balls to feet , they are hit too hard and possession is lost . Thought he was better on the whole today .
Sakho 6 Decent but a few wayward passes
Kelly 6.5 Improved as game went on
Luka 6.5 Not his best game but improved 2nd half
McArthur 6 Full of energy but that miss !!!!
Townsend 6 Plenty of effort but struggled a little
Zaha 7.5 Barely in match 1st half but excellent 2nd
Benteke 5 Looked way off pace , very static and poor touch
Schlupp 6 Decent offensively but struggles defenswively

Batshuayi 7 Should have scored but we looked so much better when he came on
Meyer 6.5 Excellent cameo

Not sure why we looked slow in first half , guessing that RH tells them to keep things tight and stay in game . So much better 2nd half . Thought we missed Kouyate today , midfield were too open in first half . Maybe bit harsh on ratings but felt we were average at best in first 45 mins . All refs will get some decisions wrong but thought he was decent today - Luka was lucky not to be sent off as was McArthur who gave away quite a few fouls after his booking .

Last edited by exiledeagle; 09-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

None of our 3 yellow cards should have been given

McArthrs and AWBs were for non fouls

The penalty came after a freekick for a dive by chipolata that he allowed to go unpunished for about 4 Palace passes before he blew up once the wanker started rolling around

Antonio committed one of the most ridiculous dives ever in the second half, no yellow

Shocking performance
Old 09-02-2019, 06:54 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
I thought he was good. One mistake is he should have given Luka a second yellow--not that I'm complaining.
Really? He was so one sided especially when giving cards out. Lukas booming was unbelievable. It seemed the more dramatic wgzm players collapsed the more likely a caution would be issued. Crap refs I can accept but only if they are crap for both teams. Wham got all the 50 50s and major decisions. The free kick instead of advantage criminal in first half.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:

Are you Marriner or Clattenberg in disguise.? He was inconsistent and biased.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:58 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
haha you've gotta love Roy:

asked about going to the referee at full time:

"i didn't want him to think I was talking behind his back, to the fourth official, so I made sure he knew what i was saying to the fourth official, so he would know how I felt"
Old 09-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Marcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
How is Wilf winning this?

This is due to more people voting for him than anyone else. It's not rocket science is it ?
Old 09-02-2019, 07:02 PM

davo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guiata - 5. Poor for the pen

AWB - 7. good defensively and improving going forward.
Kelly - 8. Some great defending shame he missed the header

Sakho - 7 A little bit loose but good enough

PVA - 5. Got into the game in the second half but poor passing and even worse shooting - increased score by one for some good incisive passing in attack now 6
Milivojevic - 5. Very slow today not a good game for him

Schlupp - 7. Improving, still a bit weak in the pass, but overall contribution very good
McArthur 8 - for me just about MOM, he was integral in all our chances, very poor with the goal gaping though.

Zaha - 8. Really good game, never gave up and was involved in a lot of the good moves

Townsend - 6. A poor game compared to recent performances - he was pretty good throughout now 7

Benteke - 5. Did not compete well against their centre backs. Poor shooting boots still.

Subs:

Batshuayi - 6. Good impact, West Ha looked nervous once he came on

Meyer - 8 fantastic contribution, I'm really impressed. It was so nice to have subs come on and make a difference

Ref - 0 he didnt know what he was doing!

Last edited by davo; 10-02-2019 at 08:05 PM. Reason: After watching game on TV revised scores slightly
Old 09-02-2019, 07:03 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Wilf was by far and away the most dangerous player on the pitch. He was man of the match, no doubt about it. Every time he got the ball it was exciting and he delivered when so many others had failed.

The Jimmy Mac miss was totally unacceptable, you cannot deliver that type of end product when it's essentially a three on one with the goalie, at home, he had time - HE WAS NOT EVEN RUSHED TO SHOOT. That was truly TERRIBLE from a professional footballer, he should be fined for something like that.

Roy has got to stop picking Benteke, he has been bad for years, YEARS - he will not change, we need to stop hanging on to hope. Did Roy really think Benteke was more of a goal threat than Mishy?!?!

I loved that second half. Give me that over the Fulham game all day. Proper Palace. Atmosphere, playing down the wings and making chances - was an exciting game to be at.

Love Wilf and so happy for him - deserved his goal and glad he could celebrate in front of the Holmesdale - just haven't had many scenes at the end this year, been so crap in attack.

Glad to see Roy telling the referee what he thought of him at full time.

A fun afternoon.