Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
They're the only club in the football league on the dole. What they think is irrelevant. It's like one of the lazy, work shy swines from Canning Town having the cheek to complain about how shit the NHS is.

Wankers.

Last edited by Joe85; 11-02-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The potential solutions are :

Remove the gantry completely (this will happen when the new stand opens lol)

Lose maybe one third of the seats (will never happen)

Have roaming refreshment sellers to reduce number of people going to concourse (when I stood in the AW enclosure, a supermarket trolley full of tuck used to be pushed along the front)

Try and use the Sainsburys lorry goods entrance as overspill space (would mean Whitehorse end couldn't use Park Road turnstiles). CPFC already have use of this area because the away team bus parks here.
Never made sense to me to build a shiny new stadium and then have the TV camera's face the Arthur.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:27 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Left before half time
Brighton fan?
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 11-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Never made sense to me to build a shiny new stadium and then have the TV camera's face the Arthur.
If they can make the roof fascia bright, fresh, red and blue stripes, smart square white clock in the centre and fill every seat in the front 10 rows, it'll look fine on tv
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 11-02-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:31 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think and hope major crowd safety problems like crushing are unlikely in the Arthur because it's so big and open. But it's pretty poor, and I agree with the West Ham fan's points. Most fans I know prefer to sit anywhere but the Arthur.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I think and hope major crowd safety problems like crushing are unlikely in the Arthur because it's so big and open. But it's pretty poor, and I agree with the West Ham fan's points. Most fans I know prefer to sit anywhere but the Arthur.
The 'auditorium' itself is fine, you won't get crushed in the aisles or the seats. The concourse is a different matter but some fans need to look at their own conduct and subsequently their role in any crushing out there. As do the stewards. You can often enter the turnstiles to be met by three lines of steps filled completely by arse-crack-displaying fat fcks stuffing their faces with burger and booze whilst sat down (picture a 1% demo outside the Bank of England) causing crushing back towards the turnstiles (which is probably what West Ham Wayne was describing).

And since great 2011 swap debacle, it is even worse for home fans than away fans, by orders of magnitude.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:41 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
The potential solutions are :

Remove the gantry completely (this will happen when the new stand opens lol)

Lose maybe one third of the seats (will never happen)

Have roaming refreshment sellers to reduce number of people going to concourse (when I stood in the AW enclosure, a supermarket trolley full of tuck used to be pushed along the front)

Try and use the Sainsburys lorry goods entrance as overspill space (would mean Whitehorse end couldn't use Park Road turnstiles). CPFC already have use of this area because the away team bus parks here.
Quite .....but for home fans why can the club not put in facilities like food and toilets in a new area behind the old disabled area behind the not used Sky TV boxes..... Massive under used area!
Old 11-02-2019, 08:51 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Heís pretty much spot on. Itís an embarrassment & not fit for purpose in the Premier League not to mention potentially dangerous. Iíve been going there since I was a kid & that entrance hasnít changed one bit.
Been in the Arthur for the 15 years I've been going to Palace, it is now a disgrace it hasn't changed. It's awful for us supporters who go week in, week out.

Crush at half time to go to the toilet orngrt a drink. The club should sell less tickets in the stand to make it safe and almost comfortable.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Been in the Arthur for the 15 years I've been going to Palace, it is now a disgrace it hasn't changed. It's awful for us supporters who go week in, week out.

Crush at half time to go to the toilet orngrt a drink. The club should sell less tickets in the stand to make it safe and almost comfortable.
The club has packed more seats in this year along the side fence lower down ....... How does it pass a safety certificate going from the massive side stairs .....to one row wide ( if that ) crossway-walkway to the first back to the front walkway.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Quite .....but for home fans why can the club not put in facilities like food and toilets in a new area behind the old disabled area behind the not used Sky TV boxes..... Massive under used area!
Agree - it must be possible for some of this space to be 'pinched' for the Artur Wait - the space is massive!

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Hadron Collider

Exactly ......seems obvious space to grab that would mirror the away fanzine open area...
Old 11-02-2019, 09:10 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
‘Improvements’ to the Arthur concourse are in the development plans

Nothing detailed yet as far as I can see
Old 11-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This kid seemed to enjoy his Arthur Waite experience. 10:05

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-02-2019, 09:18 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree - it must be possible for some of this space to be 'pinched' for the Artur Wait - the space is massive!

Spot on
Old 11-02-2019, 09:23 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Exactly ......seems obvious space to grab that would mirror the away fanzine open area...
They havenít bothered with it since 2013 so unless itís part of the development plan looks unlikely
Old 11-02-2019, 09:23 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It really is quite disgusting and a very unpleasant experience
I find it hard to disagree with him sadly
Old 11-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
It is such a poor stand though and Iíve sat in it for 6 years running
Only 6 years? You lucky b*st*rd, you lucky, lucky b*st*rd......
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
They havenít bothered with it since 2013 so unless itís part of the development plan looks unlikely
I know for a fact that plans were worked on/drawn up around four years ago for a supporters club building for this area ......give us something simple in the meantime Palace!
Old 11-02-2019, 09:35 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
TBH I've been going in the AW on and off for 40 odd years and I know it's a shithole... but I kind of like it that way. Definitely need more toilets though.

But I like that it's old and knackered and the complete opposite to most of the modern day soulless grounds you get now.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Iíve been in all four stands. But the Arthur is my firm favourite.
Seconded.
Basic and adequate, very good view of proceedings - that's the main thing.