Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Anonymous Coward

Wimbledon V WBA 30/12/03

I went to see this 'match' last night. (Don't ask why) It was dreadful and quite how WBA have got themselves into 2nd place in the 1st Division is baffling on this performance.
Reo-Coker had a quiet game and more than underlined for me why his next move should be to Crystal Palace rather than chance his arm in the Premiership. He really does not look ready for that step yet in my book.

Horsfield again made me question my sanity as to why consecutive clubs have paid a lot of money for him. He showed no aptitude in front of goal whatsoever - although to be fair he wasn't alone in that last night.

In my view, on last nights showing, and with the exception of Russel Hoult and the aforementioned Coker, Crystal Palace have better players in every position than anyone else who played last night.

Wimbledon plus point?
At the food outlets - Good range of decent snacks including burgers with 'grilled' rather than boiled meat, fresh fried onions and bacon rolls.
Friendly staff (all wearing gloves) and prompt service.
Oh and the prices were sensible and there was fresh milk for tea and coffee.
Amazing what you can do if you make the effort.
Old 31-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i was gonna post exactly the same .

Dad came with me to Villa so i had to go with him to MK.

It was the biggest laugh ever, off the pitch. We walked through the turnstiles and walked up to our seat in the temp away stand. The ground itself is simply pants. The two "ends" are temps and along one side there's the "big" stand which has a roof . The other side has a really thin stand which is really high. Very funny.

The baggies fans were having a right larf ripping it out of the dons.

"My garden shed" My garden shed
"Is bigger than this" [i] Is bigger than this[i]
"My garden shed is bigger than this"
"It's got a roof, and some windows,
My garden shed is bigger than this"

At which point, some posh albion fan (yes, i didn't realise that there were any posh albion fans) piped up: My garden's longer than this.

Anyway, 10 minutes before the game there was some posh, gonky announcer come on the PA and this is what he said:

"A message to away fans. We understand that when your team scores a goal, you particularly enjoy celebrating, but please could you consider the fact that this is a temporary stand. WHEN you score your goals could you please not celebrate too much or the stand may collapse"
At which point, all the albion fans in the stand stood up and started Boinging and laughin.

On the pitch the game was shocking and considering i had been Merry Hilling for 5 hours before, i wasn't too pleased about the standing up for the whole game in the cold. Both teams were PANTS, neither deserved to score. Wallwork was shocking as was Hulse. In fact the only person on the pitch that should have got any plus points was the dons left winger.

When they come to Selhurst can you please sing something for me:

ONE ROOF
Oh you've only got one roof
ONE ROOF

etc

Great fun
Old 31-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Anonymous Coward

Very Good elliott.
I couldn't hear what the Baggies fans were singing as I was at the other (posh?) end (City end?). When I say posh I mean I had a seat - crap view though.
Old 31-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How much did you pay for the tickets? When I read Ian Hart's article in Palace Echo and he mentioned paying 27 for an uncovered seat I was shocked.

(Going on memory, apologies - especially to Ian - if I've got my facts wrong.)
Old 31-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
How much did you pay for the tickets? When I read Ian Hart's article in Palace Echo and he mentioned paying 27 for an uncovered seat I was shocked.

(Going on memory, apologies - especially to Ian - if I've got my facts wrong.)
20 but I think that the seats in the side stand opposite the main one were 25 - but that's still uncovered!!
Old 31-12-2003, 11:50 AM

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yep 20.

did you get the very same don't celebrate warning as us.

it was such a poor game wasn't it. i was very disappointed that we (albion) didn't score cos i wanted to do some boing boing, cos i haven't done that for ages.

I was so shocked about the noise coming from the big stand. It was silent for almost the entire time except the three occasions when dons had a corner.

oh yeah- what were the dons fans behind your goal doing late into the second half when they would sing something and then the fans in the big stand would stand up and reply.
Old 31-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Anonymous Coward

No, no warning our end elliott, but I guess that wouldn't have been necessary for the strangely quiet bunch who inhabited it!

The singing? It was confined to "We're the South Side, We're the South Side, We're the South Side over here" which was responded by "We're the West Side,We're the West Side, etc etc.

very very sad.

Interesting to see that Iain Dowie and Harry Redknapp were there though.
I can only hope that Harry has decided Coker ain't what he's looking for.
Old 31-12-2003, 01:54 PM
I hate millwall

Rog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another day
I saw that Dowie was there last night. I presume that's for the visit of the MK Dons
Old 31-12-2003, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scirocco
No, no warning our end elliott, but I guess that wouldn't have been necessary for the strangely quiet bunch who inhabited it!

The singing? It was confined to "We're the South Side, We're the South Side, We're the South Side over here" which was responded by "We're the West Side,We're the West Side, etc etc.

very very sad.

I can only hope that Harry has decided Coker ain't what he's looking for.
where were they sitting.
Old 31-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Anonymous Coward

'Main' stand (if you can call it that) with Tony Pulis
Old 31-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Scirocco

Mentioned that he was there with his brother on the radio commentary. Gavin Peacock said that they were chatting to Mick Harford at half-time, and they looked like the Mafia!

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 31-12-2003, 04:16 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it true that the programe contained directions to Selhurst Park for the Wimbledon fans attending the away game against CP?
Old 31-12-2003, 04:32 PM
thomaso

toms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowstoms rockin is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
SOunds like a right barerelful or laughs.
Old 31-12-2003, 06:26 PM

the game itself was shocking but the before and after was very funny.

"You're not, from Wimbledon" etc
Old 12-01-2004, 11:03 PM

anc is playing for a contract
you should try one of our other games , terrible to be homest, our first good game was on Friday at Walsall, the rest have been milton keynesque, anyway still remember you fondly from a couple of years ago at the hawthorns, still got that scarfe i swappe with the Palacette bless her.

boing boing just passing through.