Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-07-2006, 07:06 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Half Time "Entertainment"

Not entirely sure whether this should be here, General Chit Chat or Memory Lane, so if anyone wants to move it, please feel free.

Was discussing various half time "entertainment" with someone today and seeing how many amusing examples there were. One of the obvious ones was the Bristol City v Wolves match where the mascots had a ruck, but that wasn't planned so shouldn't count.

One of my "memorable" ones was Ipswich away around 1994 when there was a few people giving a remote control helicopter display on the pitch. The locals loved it, but I seem to recall much light hearted abuse from the away end!

A personal favourite, mainly due to the potential high comedy aspect, that I have seen at many games is the head on broom, run round it 10 times then try and take a penalty. Especially if it is / has been raining!
Old 21-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Re: Half Time "Entertainment"

Quote:
Originally posted by 100% Palace

A personal favourite, mainly due to the potential high comedy aspect, that I have seen at many games is the head on broom, run round it 10 times then try and take a penalty. Especially if it is / has been raining!
Recall that at QPR a couple of times, they did it properly and made it competetive betwen the home and away sides.

TBH anything poperly done would be better than the sh*te we have to put up with.

We would be better served by them putting SSN on the jumbotron and putting the sound on.
Old 21-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Seems a bit harsh

all 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dongall 5 of us by half-past ten your head is going ding-dong
Any half time entertainment is hard to watch with people getting in and out if their seats and standing around chatting, so I have no real opinions on this.

However if I may make a heartfelt plea regarding the pre-match shenanigans. Please, for the love of God and the sake of my hearing - no more "singers" from The Brit School.

Yes I realise we are supporting local "talent", but as the most famous graduate of The Brit School is Katie Melua, is this the sort of thing we really want or ought to be encouraging?

Just. Say. No.
Old 21-07-2006, 08:12 PM

Kiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i like the old idea of the broom thing....quite up for that...playing football whilst on the razzle dazzle is pretty hard to do..i spose being dizzy is the same effect
Old 22-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember at Bristol City about 4/5 years ago they had supporters in sumo fat-suits fighting on the pitch for a prize!
Old 22-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Cheerleaders at Bradford away older the ones at Palace and wearing very very litte
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-07-2006, 01:03 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by redandblue
Cheerleaders at Bradford away older the ones at Palace and wearing very very litte
West Ham also excell in this aspect

Spike Milligan