Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-04-2009, 12:46 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Villa in white shirts

Just caught the highlights of the Villa v West Ham game. Why did Villa wear white shirts?

Also looked like they had no names or sponsor on the shirts during the 1st half, but had them in 2nd half.

Thought maybe to do with a shirt clash, but Villa's home doesn't clash with West Ham's away.
Old 19-04-2009, 12:55 PM

gallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his hand
the ref thought the claret n blue was too close to west hams away kit of errr blue n claret. Wst ham only brough t one kit so villa changed
Old 19-04-2009, 12:59 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
And during the first half Villa had sponsor and names applied to another set of shirts for play in the 2nd half.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-04-2009, 01:03 PM

gallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his handgallery sex god is a man, with a plan, got a counterfeit dollar in his hand
wow, I was imagining a poor sod with a load of letters, transfers and a hot iron trying to complete 11 shirts at half time.
Old 19-04-2009, 06:18 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
More likely, that's going to be next season's away kit and they were doing a wee bit of promotional work to boost sales over the Summer. West Ham's kit didn't clash with Villa's home shirts; not even close.
Old 19-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Kit Update

Villa have reluctantly agreed to wear their third kit against West Ham this afternoon.

Referee Rob Styles raised concerns that the Hammers away kit clashed with our traditional claret and blue home strip.

Therefore, Villa will don their all-white kit for the Barclays Premier League clash.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
More likely, that's going to be next season's away kit and they were doing a wee bit of promotional work to boost sales over the Summer. West Ham's kit didn't clash with Villa's home shirts; not even close.
It was Styles. Nothing to do with Villa. See firesign's post above.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 19-04-2009, 10:29 PM

Tyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTyrone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Styles must be colour blind. Villa's claret is quite easy to distinguish from the light blue of West Ham.

- John Maynard Keynes
Old 19-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rob Styles wanting to be in the limelight?!

Surely not.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 21-04-2009, 06:21 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
West Ham: "we only brought the one strip" - that old chestnut served my club well during my modest playing days...
Old 21-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Eagle
Styles must be colour blind. Villa's claret is quite easy to distinguish from the light blue of West Ham.

Yeah right. Any doubt in the ref's mind can affect their decision making (bring on the laughs!). If you have to give a penalty and there is any momentary confusion in your mind at that level, the ref will get slaughtered for it - as we all know on here.

Having said that, it made me realise just how important colours are in enjoying watching a game of football. I found that the 2 coloured kits used were so plain and boring and I couldn't be bothered to watch it!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 21-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
I actually think Styles made the right call in this case if you actually compare the kits in question.

Old 21-04-2009, 08:39 AM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i thought it was more difficult than usual in what they were wearing than I thought they would be if one were in their normal 1st choice

Steve Jobs
Old 21-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I've seen plenty of pretty bad clashes this season, but that's watching on a slightly fuzzy Setanta Sports US broadcast standard.

I guess gone are the days when change kits are designed to actually look vastly different from the home kit. It's almost a second thought behind thinking something up that will get the punters to pay for the overpriced shit.

I don't know if our away kit 1 was chosen or not, but it's not vastly different from home kit 2 really, is it? If we play a team that plays in blue, it's no use at all.
Old 21-04-2009, 04:35 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
I actually think Styles made the right call in this case if you actually compare the kits in question.
Yep, I thought it was fair enough, too.

Never detract from criticising officials though...
Old 21-04-2009, 04:57 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The white kit Villa wore was their away kit from last season wasn't it? Just without a sponsor on first half...

What was more confusing was Villa wore white shirt and shorts with light blue socks, and West Ham were in Light blue shirt and shorts with white socks!

And I too thought the two kits were rather "similar" in a way. Surely it'd have made more sense for Villa to wear their home kit, and West Ham wear the Villa white kit?
Old 22-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Captain Fun.

While there's a precedent for away teams borrowing a home club's change strip, I think refs would always prefer teams to be in their own gear. Styles was right in this instance.

Old 23-04-2009, 01:23 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
And I too thought the two kits were rather "similar" in a way. Surely it'd have made more sense for Villa to wear their home kit, and West Ham wear the Villa white kit?
That would have been the best answer, but I bet there is some crap about a team not wearing it's sponsor or something, i.e. West Ham had to wear shirts with their sponsor on. (Do West Ham actually have one again after losing one at the beginning of the year?)
Old 23-04-2009, 03:07 AM

winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time winston the dog is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
remember brum wearing our kit once, and haveing the cheek to bead us in it!

UP THE GLAZIERS
Old 23-04-2009, 03:10 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Swindon did once too I believe (about 1975'ish)