Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Anonymous Coward

Alan Mullery

How the "mighty" have fallen

Alan Mullery won 35 England caps in his playing career with Fulham and Spurs. He also managed Brighton, Charlton, Crystal Palace and QPR.

Now aged 63, Mullery has been appointed as a part-time football consultant with Nationwide Conference club Crawley Town.
Old 27-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crawley rock
Old 27-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
Crawley rock
But its not even near the coast!
Old 27-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by NO1FAN
But its not even near the coast!
PM's case It could be Brighton Rock
Old 27-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by B.Ellend
PM's case It could be Brighton Rock
Brighton Slang for something else....?
Old 27-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Anonymous Coward

Wasnt that an old British film?
Old 27-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Wild and Peaceful

Adrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Re: Alan Mullery

Quote:
Originally posted by B.Ellend
How the "mighty" have fallen

Alan Mullery won 35 England caps in his playing career with Fulham and Spurs. He also managed Brighton, Charlton, Crystal Palace and QPR.

Now aged 63, Mullery has been appointed as a part-time football consultant with Nationwide Conference club Crawley Town.
I don't think you're being very fair here; if the guy's 63, then he probably only wants to work part-time anyway. In fact, he probably has other things going on, meaning that he would not have the time to work for Crawley full time.

Good luck to him.

Well, some luck, anyway: I still haven't forgiven him for the tackle he made on Stevie Kember at White Hart Lane a few years back......
Old 27-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Wild and Peaceful

Adrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Just spotted this on the Town website:

SWINDLEHURST DEPARTURE CONFIRMED
Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that on Monday 19th September, Dave Swindlehurst was relieved of his position within the club.

The club would like to thank Dave for his service over the last two seasons and wish him every success in the future.

No further comment will be made on this issue.

Any connection, I wonder???
Old 27-09-2005, 09:05 AM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian

Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that on Monday 19th September, Dave Swindlehurst was relieved of his position within the club.

The club would like to thank Dave for his service over the last two seasons and wish him every success in the future.

Mullery
Old 27-09-2005, 09:12 AM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some trivia: I was at the match (v Yugoslavia) in Florence in 1968 when Mullery became the first England player to be sent off.
More trivial (but rather more important): it was the same day that Robert Kennedy was assassinated.
(Come to think of it, there are probably many readers who haven't the faintest idea who Robert Kennedy was - I'm afraid that's me living in the past again.)

Last edited by johnbush; 27-09-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 27-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Crawley are rock bottom of the conference. Second-season shakes perhaps?
Old 27-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Already a thread on this blah blah blah
Old 27-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian

I doubt it, he isnt the manager or anything.
Old 27-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
I doubt it, he isnt the manager or anything.
Yeah but with Mullery carrying a huge red and blue coloured chip on his shoulder even now I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in it.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Yeah but with Mullery carrying a huge red and blue coloured chip on his shoulder even now I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in it.
Im not so sure, Crawley have just been sold and the new owners are making changes.
Old 27-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All Crawley's players are now full time.
Old 27-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
I can't start to tell you, how much I hate that fvcking no good, two bob sack of shite.
I hope he gets a sound thrashing with a bramble bush, that cuts him till he bleeds.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 27-09-2005, 04:56 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by johnbush
Some trivia: I was at the match (v Yugoslavia) in Florence in 1968 when Mullery became the first England player to be sent off.
More trivial (but rather more important): it was the same day that Robert Kennedy was assassinated.
(Come to think of it, there are probably many readers who haven't the faintest idea who Robert Kennedy was - I'm afraid that's me living in the past again.)
That was one of my earliest memories (RFK not Mullery)
Old 27-09-2005, 05:03 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by biggus mickus
I can't start to tell you, how much I hate that fvcking no good, two bob sack of shite.
I hope he gets a sound thrashing with a bramble bush, that cuts him till he bleeds.
However he is a very pleasent man to talk to, was very nice when i met him in Feb in Allders, had a good chat.
Old 28-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Visiting Seagull

Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
Crawley are rock bottom of the conference. Second-season shakes perhaps?
Part of the reason is because they have turned full time professional but the funds are scarce. Players like John Robinson and Danny Marney (both ex Albion) have had to leave is because they had fairly well paid day jobs and the money from football was extra. They couldn't afford to be full time footballers somewhere like Crawley (no detriment to Crawley but if you want to be full time then you will have to offer the wages)
Alan Mullery was probably earning enough as a Sky pundit anyway and at 63 wanting to take life a bit easier. He was asked to help out and would only be advising not making decisions.

Ps I not only remember Robert Kennedy getting assissinated but also John Kennedy.

Banter not abuse