Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
like Julian Gray

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:17 PM

we_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proud
Cafu is still the best right back in the world imo
Old 11-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Sweating bullets

palacefan4life is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by dodge_bond
Brazil have quite a decent team too, There is one player cant think of his name . . . .er . . . .Ronaldo ? ? ? he aint to bad in front of goal! ! !
Don't forget Adriano either!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Indeed. But South American teams don't have a great record for World Cups held in Europe, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Robinho hasn't had a break for about a year and a half now. When Real signed him he had only just finished the season with Santos, so there's a chance he could be burnt out by the time the world cup comes around.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
it will be brazil or argentina who win it
Old 11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Indeed. But South American teams don't have a great record for World Cups held in Europe, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Quote:
Originally posted by 007
it will be brazil or argentina who win it

Brazil's defence aren't great, but too be honest, when they've an attack as good as theirs, it often doesn't matter how many they concede as they'll generally go out and score 1 more.....

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by mazammit
What I am saying is everyone is raving about Brasil's attack (Kaká, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho etc), but they also have a really good deep defence as well.
Are you Brazilian?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:15 PM

mazammit is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Are you Brazilian?
no why
Old 14-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by mazammit
no why
You spell Brasil like you are.
Old 14-11-2005, 12:21 PM

When I was younger I knew a BraSilian (!) and he said they hate people spelling it with a Z, so I have always spelt it with an S now.
Old 14-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I can understand that! Why can't we call countries how they want to be called instead of translating it.

Deutschland, Nederlands, Italia, Espana etc etc.

Leave things how they're meant to be.
Old 15-11-2005, 06:59 AM

Ha precisely. But especially when it's just one letter. Imagine the Germans calling England "Enkland". It would annoy us a whole lot. As you say I don't see why there are so many translations for country names anyway...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 AM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
What's more important is the he nullifies the right winger by pinning them back all the time with his attacking play.
or as is often the case he just attacks reguardless of where the right winger may be leaving huge holes.
Old 14-12-2005, 10:03 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
I can understand that! Why can't we call countries how they want to be called instead of translating it.

Deutschland, Nederlands, Italia, Espana etc etc.

Leave things how they're meant to be.
Because most countries don't call us "England".

And as for "Espana"
Old 15-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Real lack of knowledge on this thread. Dede can't get near the team hence trying to play for Germany and Qatar.

The back four will probably be Cicinho, Roque Junior, Lucio and Roberto Carlos.
Old 15-12-2005, 12:28 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Real lack of knowledge on this thread. Dede can't get near the team hence trying to play for Germany and Qatar.

The back four will probably be Cicinho, Roque Junior, Lucio and Roberto Carlos.
IMHO That defence would be very weak in the premiership or indeed any top european league, R. Carlos is overrated and ageing, Roque Jr, we all remember from Leeds, Lucio is alright, miles away from Englands best defenders though, Cicinho will probably be a good player but from the limited amoutn i've seen of him i'd say he's not there yet
Old 15-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Thing is Roque Junior played for Milan and they rarely buy shit defenders. The Leeds spell may have been a one-off and it wasn't for very long. Judging a South American player on three months in the Premiership would be a little hasty.
Old 15-12-2005, 12:34 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thing is Roque Junior played for Milan and they rarely buy shit defenders. The Leeds spell may have been a one-off and it wasn't for very long. Judging a South American player on three months in the Premiership would be a little hasty.
I agree with this.

Dont reallt think their back 4 is relevant, considering how good they are going forward.
Old 15-12-2005, 12:43 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
You may be right but he obviously wasn't a first team player at whichever club Leeds loaned him from.
If he can't adapt to the premiership in 3 months then he will struggle to adapt to the requirements of a world cup which lasts barely a month.

Klinx, I would definitely disagree with you, defence is always important,a team like Italy, Germany or maybe even England with a very organized defence will be hard for even the Brazilians to get through.
Old 15-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally posted by LSEagle
If he can't adapt to the premiership in 3 months then he will struggle to adapt to the requirements of a world cup which lasts barely a month.
Totally different. He's an international World Cup-winning defender. The demands of the Premiership are unique in world football.

He's proved before that he can adapt to the World Cup (not that it takes any adapting to) by account of his gold medal from 2002.