Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 18-10-2006, 08:47 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Only really decent bit of forward play decided the match.
Old 18-10-2006, 08:59 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Drogba is officially better than Ronaldinho.

We should use this opportunity to forget this foolish DaNug business and take a cut-price, out-of-form DaRon off of Barca's hands, right friends?

Cheers Cheapyboys,

Carlos
Old 18-10-2006, 09:09 PM

palace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by CarlosTheFinger
Drogba is officially better than Ronaldinho.

no he isn't.

Last edited by palace_boy_luke; 18-10-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:11 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Chelsea deserved to win, I thought Barcelona looked a bit toothless without Eto.

I am still amazed with how poor Shevchenko looks, he seems to haveno pace and no alot of skill.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 18-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Super Duper Senior Member

stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d
Chelsea deserved the win. Should have been more IMO.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Beer Lover

ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle
Well i watched the Chelsea vs Barcelona game from start to finish, and i think Chelsea really did deserve the victory tonight for me. very good taken goal by Drogba, very similar to the goal against Liverpool but on his right foot this time. i think chelsea could of scored at least 2 or 3 or more at least tonight!
As for Barcelona, i am very surprised how poor they were tonight. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SIDE AS LAST SEASON! there was not enough commitment and desire from a few players especially Deco! and honestly that was not Ronaldinho on that pitch tonight!! He was in my opinion .. VERY POOR!
Old 18-10-2006, 09:25 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ginger eagle
As for Barcelona, i am very surprised how poor they were tonight. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SIDE AS LAST SEASON! there was not enough commitment and desire from a few players especially Deco! and honestly that was not Ronaldinho on that pitch tonight!! He was in my opinion .. VERY POOR!
you take henry out of the arsenal side and what are you left with upfront? they are literally a different team without eto'o
Old 18-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Beer Lover

ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle ginger eagle
Quote:
Originally posted by st albans
you take henry out of the arsenal side and what are you left with upfront? they are literally a different team without eto'o

absoutely, i do agree with you!
Arsenal would be a different side without Henry
Gudjohnsen was their target man tonight for Barca, but he was nowhere to be seen. Barca desperately need Eto'o back!
Old 18-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I thought Gudjohnsen played pretty well in the first half. They are bound to miss Eto'o but I don't think you should take credit away from Chelsea. Essien was excellent and Drogba played very well, as did the whole defence, especially Makalele.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:55 PM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glad Chelsea didn't lose - the Ambulance Service would have got the blame.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:44 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
I thought Gudjohnsen played pretty well in the first half. They are bound to miss Eto'o but I don't think you should take credit away from Chelsea. Essien was excellent and Drogba played very well, as did the whole defence, especially Makalele.
Essien is a different player this season, on the back of an excellent World Cup. Credit also goes to Khalid the Cannibal, who kept Ronaldinho pretty quiet. Boulahrouz is an underated signing.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
grudgingly admit they deserved that. Barca don't look the same without Eto'o and if anything the scoreline might have been flattering to Barca.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 18-10-2006, 11:06 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
It was nice to See Barca knocked down a peg or two so well played Chelsea. It's amazing to think you could buy CPFC, the Stadium, redevelope it and still have enough spare change to buy Nugent all for the price of Schevchenko. He looks incredibly ordinary, obviously past his best but despite this Chelsea are physically very strong and bulldozed Barca really. They should have won by more and without Eto Barca look very beatable. They might even have trouble qualifying from this group.
Old 18-10-2006, 11:12 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was looking forward to see if Thuram has improved Barca defensively from last year, but obviously didn't get the chance to see him.
Old 18-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Billy Boy

housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100 housey100
Quote:
Originally posted by King William
come on Barca. Im in the Barca end
Quote:
Originally posted by timmy heald
Same here. I will wear my Palace top if you do!

Come on Barca....
Quote:
Originally posted by King William
done. dont know where im sitting yet - got to pick the ticket up from the barca hotel where there staying (royal kensington)
Interesting to note that 2 Palace fans made the trip to Stamford Bridge this evening to cheer on a Spanish team. And yet the majority of posters on here dismiss all Chelsea supporters as glory-hunters?!

Glory hunting doesn't always go according to plan.

Saturday 14th. Palace 1 v 2 Cardiff.
Tuesday 17th. Palace 0 v 2 WBA.
Wednesday 18th. Chelsea 1 v 0 Barca.

Had a good week, boys?!
Old 18-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Beer Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by limited_edition
Essien is a different player this season, on the back of an excellent World Cup. Credit also goes to Khalid the Cannibal, who kept Ronaldinho pretty quiet. Boulahrouz is an underated signing.
absoutely ..Boularouz was superb tonight!
Old 19-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Come on you P's

timmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetimmy heald : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by housey100
Interesting to note that 2 Palace fans made the trip to Stamford Bridge this evening to cheer on a Spanish team. And yet the majority of posters on here dismiss all Chelsea supporters as glory-hunters?!

Glory hunting doesn't always go according to plan.

Saturday 14th. Palace 1 v 2 Cardiff.
Tuesday 17th. Palace 0 v 2 WBA.
Wednesday 18th. Chelsea 1 v 0 Barca.

Had a good week, boys?!
Muppet.

So, a good friend from Barcelona (who has taken me to a home game before) comes to England, with a spare ticket and asks if I want to go. You translate that to glory hunting?

And yes, I was at WBA like I'm sure you were, and I did mention to him that maybe I shouldn't have come as I seem to be bad luck this week.

Anyway, as for the game, Barca were very poor. To much 'pretty football' around the Chelsea box with no end product. They desperately need a quick forward as any crosses that were supplied were never met. Chelsea blocked them out and played some good counter attacking football and probably should have won by more.
Old 19-10-2006, 09:18 AM

jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you
Quote:
Originally posted by c_block_lad
It does make me laugh, your always going on about Chelscum this, Chelscum that.

This is a Crystal Palace Football Club board, we dont give a about Chelscum, we only wish bad on them.

I rarely bring up Chelsea anyway unless theres a thread on it already

I dont care what you think about Chelsea to be honest you support Palace i support Chelsea. End of.
Old 19-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Chelsea nearly always had three players ganged up on Ronaldinho and Messi, as they're confident they can cope through the middle without Eto to worry about.

Next game Barca should bite the bullet and leave the sacred 4-3-3 on the shelf, push the stra men central and drop Gudjohnson for a physical midfielder, presumably Motta.

Get Zambrotta (whose runs caused trouble) and Gio (haven't they got a better left-back than him - he's okay but not quite up their level?) to overlap more often into the spaces created by Ronaldinho and Messi going inside. Chelsea offered nothing out wide going forward until Robben came on and will likely offer less still away, so Barca can afford to do it.

This system confuses for ten minutes, 1-0; Chelsea have to attack and leave huge gaps, 2-0; they get angry and someone is sent off, 3-0.
Old 19-10-2006, 10:03 AM

jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you
We rarely play wide anymore which has been in vast comparision to recent seasons where we play with two orthordox wingers. I think Barce will stick to the same system they always use it. Boulahrouz was just awesome dealt with ronaldinho well so hopefully he'll start again not Ferreira. Just this night went our way on any other night Ronaldinho and co could have torn us apart