Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Eye-dee
I was thinking more of him as a player with loads of promise and future that hasn't made the grade.
Er...he's 21, man utd's second top scorer this season.

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 17-05-2007, 11:46 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
.....Wayne Rooney?
No, Rooney will have a good international career.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:54 AM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
When he came on as sub against Argentina in 86 he was amazing. I still can't believe Lineker didn't get his head to that last cross. Most other times shit, but it may be because managers didn't play him the right way. He was awaesome for Liverpool who would definately have won the european cup with that side they had then in 1987.
Saw the 1990 Cup Semi on ESPN Classic recently and Barnes looked awesome. It reminded me just what a talented player he was. Why he didn't perform for England I'll never know.

Everytime he got the ball our defenders looked shit scared. His style was so different to any other player on the pitch, and looked more of a continental player.

I was definately a fan, and the man can rap.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw a proram on racism in football recently and they reckoned that Barnes was boo'd by England fans because there was a racist element. Erm.. no; he was boo'd because he played cr@p game after game for England and still got picked.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:25 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You just have to have a look on youtube to see what a great player Barnes was, god knows why he couldn't do it consistently for England.

Why you're at it have a look at Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle, especially Waddle when he was at Marseille. Amazing ability!
Old 17-05-2007, 12:34 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Roadblock
Saw the 1990 Cup Semi on ESPN Classic recently and Barnes looked awesome. It reminded me just what a talented player he was. Why he didn't perform for England I'll never know.

Everytime he got the ball our defenders looked shit scared. His style was so different to any other player on the pitch, and looked more of a continental player.

I was definately a fan, and the man can rap.
Everytime he got the ball in that game I crapped myself as he was so dangerous.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:37 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Er...he's 21, man utd's second top scorer this season.
Precisely.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 17-05-2007, 12:40 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cantspell
He was awsome. A brilliant player for a about 5 years and then decent for while after. In 1990 he was the best player in the country.

He wore tights and golves due to circulation problems.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:41 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cantspell
No question he was the danger man for me in that team
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Precisely.
I don't understand. So he's under achieving? This seasons Premiership medal would probably disagree. For England, he still gives it absolutely everything in every game, but playing in a team led by a tactical goat. When the rest of the team can't be arsed, its unfair to ask him to win the games on his own.

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 17-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Buglebob
Saw a proram on racism in football recently and they reckoned that Barnes was boo'd by England fans because there was a racist element. Erm.. no; he was boo'd because he played cr@p game after game for England and still got picked.
Bit of both. Defintely racist to start with, then a press-led campaign against him led to the more general stuff.

He wasn't crap for England. It was more that he wasn't man of the match every time that seemed to get on people's wicks. England have this problem with their flair players. It's like you need to be a nutter - Gazza, Rooney - to be able to deal with it.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
He wasn't crap for England.
Unless my memory's playing tricks (which is entirely possible!) he played about a dozen games in a row for England where he was extremely disappointing.

And unless it went straight over my head (again entirely possible) the booing had nothing to do with racism, but was a direct result of this poor run. Every game the fans were willing him to recapture his club form, but it never seemed to happen.
Old 17-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
He was Celtic's best ever manager.*

* According to my Rangers supporting mate.
Old 17-05-2007, 02:32 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
I beleive he was voted best ever Pool player by their fans ahead of Kenny Dalglish, which says it all.

I don't know why English flair players don't seem to show their true ability for England. Maybe its because countless England managers have prefered to build their teams around brawn rather than brains.
Old 17-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
I don't understand. So he's under achieving? This seasons Premiership medal would probably disagree. For England, he still gives it absolutely everything in every game, but playing in a team led by a tactical goat. When the rest of the team can't be arsed, its unfair to ask him to win the games on his own.

It's a fair point, I don't think Rooney has become the player that so many predicted, sure he is still young, but I think he is about as good as he will get. A great player, but not one of the top players in the world IMO.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 17-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Billy Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As good as he can be at 21??
How much has Ronaldo improved in the last year, only a bit older I know.
Players reach their peak 25-28
Old 18-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Associate member of AWM

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gilbert
As good as he can be at 21??
How much has Ronaldo improved in the last year, only a bit older I know.
Players reach their peak 25-28
I've always thought that Rooney would be the type of player to peak early, at around 21 (Norman Whiteside best example I can think of). Hope I'm wrong for England's sake.
Old 18-05-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by New LP
Part of a long list of highly talented flair players who didn't really convince for the national team, see also Rodney Marsh ,Glenn Hoddle, Matt Le Tissier.
They disappoint because they were not played correctly. Had Hoddle been Brazilian he would have been a world superstar. England choose to build teams around tacklers -- we built a team around Robson for a decade ( and the only time we achieved any success or even looked good was when he got injured )
Old 18-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
One of the greats!
Old 18-05-2007, 08:04 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: John Barnes - Years ahead of his time

Quote:
Originally posted by 100% Palace
whenever he pulled on an England shirt he became shit - again, this is prevalent in todays game.
Yeah, rubbish in an England shirt.

To view the link you have to Register or Login