Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 18-05-2007, 08:18 AM

littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar littlecsaesar
Re: Re: John Barnes - Years ahead of his time

Quote:
Originally posted by Random*
Yeah, rubbish in an England shirt.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thats the point he lived on this goal for ages!
Old 18-05-2007, 08:28 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John Barnes is so poor on TV that John Barnes' Football Night no longer features John Barnes
Old 18-05-2007, 08:39 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is this thread, presumably concocted as a gratuitous insult to a fairly
decent, courteous human being, who was once a football professional
of considerable talent and ability, really necessary???
Old 18-05-2007, 08:47 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
They disappoint because they were not played correctly. Had Hoddle been Brazilian he would have been a world superstar. England choose to build teams around tacklers -- we built a team around Robson for a decade ( and the only time we achieved any success or even looked good was when he got injured )

I think this was unforgivable for English football. Hoddle may be a bit of a loony but his passing ability on the pitch was peerless. The whole team should have been picked to let him use that talent.

And Freddy, any thread knocking coloured boots wearers is a good one.

In fact, I'm more than a little disappointed that we've got off the topic of coloured boots (including Santos-er's white ones - you must start to menstruate a little every time you pull them on, dear.) Coloured boots are inexcusable.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 18-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Re: John Barnes - Years ahead of his time

Quote:
Originally posted by littlecsaesar
Thats the point he lived on this goal for ages!
Correction. Barnes didn't "live on that goal for ever". That
was down to the TV media, who took a delight in repeatedly
showing it, as they continue to show the Ricky Villa Cup
Final goal, the Paul Gascoigne goal v Scotland, the
penalty misses for England by Pearce and Southgate,
etc, etc, ad nauseum.

That's what the TV media do all the time.

Must say I prefer seeing Barnes's goal v Brazil,
than I do Pearce & Southgate's penalty misses
or Paul Gascoigne blubbing after being booked
in a World Cup game!
Old 18-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hughff
I think this was unforgivable for English football. Hoddle may be a bit of a loony but his passing ability on the pitch was peerless. The whole team should have been picked to let him use that talent.

And Freddy, any thread knocking coloured boots wearers is a good one.

In fact, I'm more than a little disappointed that we've got off the topic of coloured boots (including Santos-er's white ones - you must start to menstruate a little every time you pull them on, dear.) Coloured boots are inexcusable.
I'm not too concerned about the sartorial proclivities of footballers
or other professional sportsmen, provided they perform to the
best of their ability and conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike
and courteous manner hughff.

Seem to remember Clinton Morrison once wearing a fairly bright
pair of boots once upon a time, but it never kept me awake at
nights.

Wouldn't disagree with your general assessment of Hoddle, although
picking ten England players just in order to fit one player in a team
seems to be going a little too far........

Saw Matthews, Finney, Haynes, Carter, Mannion in their prime, and
they were past masters of knowing how to subordinate their own
inimical talents and abilities to the particular team they happened
to be playing for at the time. No prima donnas among that lot!
Old 18-05-2007, 05:14 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Is this thread, presumably concocted as a gratuitous insult to a fairly
decent, courteous human being, who was once a football professional
of considerable talent and ability, really necessary???
Wasnt the point at all, I was just pointing out that many of the things he was slated for are now commonplace in football.
Old 18-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 100% Palace
Wasnt the point at all, I was just pointing out that many of the things he was slated for are now commonplace in football.
My apologies 100%. Tend to get over-defensive when I perceive fans
getting on the backs of quality players for no good reason.

Barnes was just one of many scores of players who have excelled in the
top tier of the English game only to fall short at international level,
Another case in point was Ian Wright who scored for fun for Palace
& Arsenal, but found it hard to buy a goal when playing for England.

Enjoyed watching Barnes from his beginnings at Watford to his glory
days for Liverpool. To me it is immaterial if a player who excels
at club level, fails to reproduce that form for his country, as long
as we have had the pleasure of seeing him perform well.

This is how I've felt about watching George Best, Ryan Giggs,
Cantona or Stan Bowles, none of whom, for one reason or
another really excelled for their national teams, but have
given considerable pleasure to fans when playing for their
clubs..

Clearly, England fans have a long experience of great club players
failing to reproduce their best when wearing their national colours,
and it can be a very frustrating experience, but we just have to
face it that not all players can make the considerable leap from
club to international level.

Some great players make a successful transition to manager and/
or pundit, but have never felt Barnes was one who has.......
Have often thought he could have made the grade as a match
summariser, if he had only been taught to speak more slowly
and clearly.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 18-05-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 18-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Re: Re: John Barnes - Years ahead of his time

Quote:
Originally posted by laggin
agree with all that. and he is the worst footy pundit imo
He may be worthy but the competition is very, very strong.
Old 19-05-2007, 09:56 AM
top of the pops

grahampoint is starting to shape up
Barnes was a great player in his day but he went way down in my estimation when he said he was sacked by celtic because he was black. No, he was sacked because he was a shocking manager. I find the above statement just as offensive as a racist comment and Ian Wright is another who uses this to cover up his shortfalls.
Old 19-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by hughff
2. tights are for ballet dancers and Shakespearean actors (and nancies.)
But there so warm and comfy!

(I've done pantomines )