Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-07-2009, 11:37 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The condemnation of Man City

Was wondering yesterday, with all the "Big 4" condemning Man City for all their spending - something which the likes of Chelsea, Man U etc have NEVER done!! - made me remember something that I had seen about how these 4 have basically built their budgets around the money (they believe thay are guaranteed to) receive(d) for qualifying for their beloved Champions League.

Now, I am basically thinking that if Man City do break into this group who are mortgaged to the hilt then the unlucky team that ends up in the Europa league will be f*cked to put it bluntly.

In this case - COME ON CITY!! Good luck for the coming season! Hopefully you might put one of this lot in the shit most of the "unimportant" Football League is in.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:49 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
The so called BIG 4 will have brought this on themselves. They made the market and now whinge when someone comes in and pays the extra to outspend them.

Hopefully one of them will rot in a situation of thier own making. Please let it be Man U, please.

Last edited by SA Eagle; 31-07-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
This is exactly what it is about they are all bricking it.

I can see it being Arsenal.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:57 AM

UEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Everyone's writing Arsenal off, just as they did before 07/08.

I think they'll have a good season.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:57 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should the Arse be included in that? They don't break the bank do they - on fees or wages?

But you're all correct about Moan Utd, Chelsea and to an extent Liverpool. No sympathy for them whatsoever. In fact I yearn for the day that City appears above United in the final league table.

Could even be this season - despite the fact that the pundits are still making Moan Utd favourites, I can see them going only one way from here.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:58 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
I can see Chelsea or Liverpool finishing 5th this season....
Old 31-07-2009, 11:58 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Arsenals re-payments on the Emirates are based upon them receiving Champions League money I believe.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hopefully it won't be Arsenal, because at least they are built around playin good footbally with young players and their net transfers are pretty close to zero. Would happily see it go wrong for the other 3, in particular Man U. Would like to see how many managers would be queuing up to manage them in the europa league after Sir Alex retires.

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10
Old 31-07-2009, 12:02 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The thing is Arsenal are the best placed club financially (out of Man U, Liverpool and probably Chelsea too,) to survive without Champions League revenue, due to the fact they don't overspend and haven't got the huge, unmanageable debts like the w*nkers or scoucers have. Man U or Liverpool would be royally scr*wed without Champions League revenue. Please let it be the w*nkers that drop out, please!

Last edited by Dingle; 31-07-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:04 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Yeah think ferguson making a load of snotty comments to the press dismissing City maybe betrays feelings of being a bit scared and rattled.

Although if one of the big 4 misses out I want it to be Chelsea.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Arsenal going down the shitter would be good new for palace
Old 31-07-2009, 12:12 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAgle
Everyone's writing Arsenal off, just as they did before 07/08.

I think they'll have a good season.
Me too. They were very unlucky with injuries last season. They're a few good signings away from a great team. They've signed the central defender they desperately needed and there is talk of Wenger looking at bringing in a defensive midfielder and a replacement for Adebyhor (sp?) which would give them a VERY strong squad. Also I feel the combination of Fabregas, Arshavin and Walcott will tear up defences next season.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:27 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
They'll just make it 'the big 5' to accomodate them, while the rest of football slowly goes to the wall.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle
They'll just make it 'the big 5' to accomodate them, while the rest of football slowly goes to the wall.
There is no way on earth that Mr anti-English Platini will give the Premiershit an extra CL place.

GOOD.
Old 31-07-2009, 02:20 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would love to see another few teams get big owners and send Man Ure, Arsenal and Liverpool crashing into administration with Abramavich also walking away.
Old 31-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chelsea are hardly mortgaged to the hilt are they? I know Roman is owed in the region of 800M but it isn't the same as owing the bank that amount and having to pay interest on it. I wouldn't have thought he will claim that money back at anytime. So really it is just United and Liverpool of the big four who are in that position.
Old 31-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle
The thing is Arsenal are the best placed club financially (out of Man U, Liverpool and probably Chelsea too,) to survive without Champions League revenue, due to the fact they don't overspend and haven't got the huge, unmanageable debts like the w*nkers or scoucers have. Man U or Liverpool would be royally scr*wed without Champions League revenue. Please let it be the w*nkers that drop out, please!
Two words for you:

The Emirates.

Massive debt yes they do.
Old 31-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Humble

DeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Arsenal going down the shitter would be good new for palace
explain?
Old 31-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Premiership 2019/20

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always had a soft spot for city since their players did a lap of the pitch wishing us well against ManUre pre-cup final all those years ago. MU are my favorites to get shafted then Chelski next, followed by Arsenal and Liverpool
This thread is crying out for a poll surely?
Old 31-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle96
Chelsea are hardly mortgaged to the hilt are they? I know Roman is owed in the region of 800M but it isn't the same as owing the bank that amount and having to pay interest on it. I wouldn't have thought he will claim that money back at anytime.
What would he do if he did want that money back though? Would we see John Terry's bloated corpse float to the top of the Thames under Tower Bridge with his hands cut off and teeth removed?