Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
When you support Millwall.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 24-10-2012, 08:19 AM

suits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
How do they define "Black"?

At what shade do you become white?
There's a dulux colour chart.

From virgin white to "blick".
Old 24-10-2012, 09:11 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure what all the fuss is. If they want to set this body up then let them crack on and do it because if they feel that an injustice is being done better to confront that and see if it stands up to the sort of focus that would come by having a representative body to both act on and have to fully justify the accusations.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:28 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Can't help thinking this is more about egos than wanting to make a positive difference.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 24-10-2012, 09:44 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1
Not by much. 3 black managers in the league - Chris Houghton, Chris Powell and Keith Curle is 2.76% of the 92 clubs against 2.9% of the population (according to the Office for National Statistics).
What percentage of players are black?
Old 24-10-2012, 09:52 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins

I think a more relevant question would be what percentage of footballers who go on to get their coaching qualifications are black. From that you would get a more accurate insight into whether there is some sort of race bar in terms of management jobs.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:54 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
I think a more relevant question would be what percentage of footballers who go on to get their coaching qualifications are black. From that you would get a more accurate insight into whether there is some sort of race bar in terms of management jobs.
I guess.

But the overall stat will be interesting - if, say, 30% of players are black but only 3% of managers, there is something being lost somewhere. How many of them, because of stats like that, are put off even trying to go into coaching?
Old 24-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed, or foreign? or percentage of foreign managers. Pretty sure the demographic of footballers is different to that of the general population.

Should probably, to add balance, point out that the percentage of black players was probably less say 20/30 years ago that it is today and that is where this generation of managers has come from and you would expect to reflect the demographic then. You may also want to factor in that, in the 80s especially, black players did suffer racist abuse and, if it were me, I probably would do something else after my playing career was over having put up with that shit.

Anyway, in my view, I don't see what difference a persons skin colour makes so any group that wants to make an issue of it is a bit pointless and will probably do more harm that good if you ask me.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:03 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
David James said he was the only black person on his coaching course, and then had a dig at Andy Cole for claiming race was holding him back in getting a job, when he hasn't bothered getting any qualifications.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 24-10-2012, 10:07 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom
Can't help thinking this is more about egos than wanting to make a positive difference.
I really hope you are wrong.

I would like to believe they would not use something as important as tackling the issues of racism for their own selfish reasons.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:48 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Encourage unity by creating division? What sort of concept is that? It's as dated as the 'Voice' newspaper.

They have money, they have fame, they just dont have the brains.

The more sceptical of people will want to know whether Ashley Cole be allowed in?
Old 24-10-2012, 11:08 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I've decided, that they aren't that thick, and it's some sort of political move to disrupt the PFA or FA....
Old 24-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1
Not by much. 3 black managers in the league - Chris Houghton, Chris Powell and Keith Curle is 2.76% of the 92 clubs against 2.9% of the population (according to the Office for National Statistics).
What's the proportion of black to white players though? That would seem to be the statistic that matters.
Old 24-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Emancipated

TheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfTheJudge knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
My observation was that this country did not have a racism problem.
Britain is a very racially tolerant country. The Ferdinand's have helped to create a bigger issue out of nothing IMO. Now its all over the news and a perfect environment for a few idiots to taunt black players. This should have been sorted quickly behind closed doors. Unfortunately all concerned did not have the intelligence, IMO, to see that their petty squabbling on the field would lead to all this. Even now they are so self important, IMO, that they want to escalate this further by isolating themselves from the greater football community.
The media love it.
Old 24-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
25% percent or thereabouts, according to Nick Clegg. Sounds about right to me at a guess.
Old 24-10-2012, 11:45 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Ron Noades should be chairing this org with his "elightened " views on players

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-10-2012, 04:21 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I guess.

But the overall stat will be interesting - if, say, 30% of players are black but only 3% of managers, there is something being lost somewhere. How many of them, because of stats like that, are put off even trying to go into coaching?
I'm willing to be proved wrong here because I haven't done a proper study but I doubt if there are nine managers in the football league who were goalkeepers or 16 or 17 who were wingers. Back in the day before people started arguing about color a a large percentage of managers were ex-midfielders or wing halves as they said then. Was it predjudice against the flying little Scottish winger or the eccentric goalkeeper. No, they just weren't interested in being a manager. At the moment there is 9 celts managing in the Prem compared to 3 Englishmen. I'm sure if you used your stat strategy then that is prejudice against the dear old saxon who obviously makes up a higher proportion of the players in the league.
Old 24-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John
I'm willing to be proved wrong here because I haven't done a proper study but I doubt if there are nine managers in the football league who were goalkeepers or 16 or 17 who were wingers. Back in the day before people started arguing about color a a large percentage of managers were ex-midfielders or wing halves as they said then. Was it predjudice against the flying little Scottish winger or the eccentric goalkeeper. No, they just weren't interested in being a manager. At the moment there is 9 celts managing in the Prem compared to 3 Englishmen. I'm sure if you used your stat strategy then that is prejudice against the dear old saxon who obviously makes up a higher proportion of the players in the league.
That's the first time I've seen race compared to positions on a football pitch.
Old 24-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Yowzer!

Ade 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In today's money grabbing world of football, if a chairman thought a manager would bring success on the field and premier/champions league wads of cash then I suspect they would employ that manager if he was black, white, green, pink, a midget, clinically obese or whatever!

Is there actually any racism in managerial appointments these days? I have my doubts.

As an aside - it would be interesting if anyone has a good suggestion for a potential black Palace manager (presumably from players who are either nearing the end of their playing careers or have recently hung their boots up)....Powell at Charlton isn't a viable option either as I doubt he'd leave them for us
Old 24-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight
why keep it to football, I filled in a survey today for the Kick it out campaign, I sugest you fill it in, some of the questions.............the one that sticks we me is about clubs being transparent in their managerial choices and them having to interview a black/ethnic manager for the position!!!!
This (the Rooney rule) is exactly what happens in the NFL.

A team has to interview at least one minority candidate when filling its head coach vacancy.

Of the 32 teams in the league, five currently have black coaches. (A low number, but still proportionally higher than our national sport.)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI