Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Anonymous Coward

Tournament Players

This article was clipped from a larger piece in todays ES.

"Eriksson certainly seems to believe there is far more that his side can achieve and he intriguingly revealed that he had learned "who is a tournament player and who is not", without disclosing any names.

Who could he be talking about?
I would find it hard to say any of the players who performed for England let themselves down enough to be discarded as suitable candidates.

So what are your thoughts?
Old 23-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Scholes & Fowler - definitely NOT tournament players.
Mills, Butt - definitely are.
Old 23-06-2002, 07:58 PM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fowler has hardly had a fair chance
Scholes does come up with the goods from time to time

I think the name you want is Gerard - not a tournament player
Old 23-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

Old 24-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

that's coz he's always bloddy injured
Old 24-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Anonymous Coward

Heskey. Heskey and Heskey.

Simply doesn't do enough over 90 mins, and isn't confident enough.
Old 24-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Sir Paul The Great

palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
i fink that engalnd have got too many premiership quality players (sinclair, mills)and not enuf world class players (rio, becks owen gerrard)
Old 24-06-2002, 01:14 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Muppet

Quote:
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
Scholes & Fowler - definitely NOT tournament players.
Mills, Butt - definitely are.
this unadulterated muppetry..fowler worth much more than f-ing heskey.
Old 28-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd agree with Gerrard not being a tournament player. He struggles to play two games in seven days for Liverpool even when he is fit because of his back problems.

He'd never make it through a major tournament.

I think Scholes isn't either. He went missing for the whole competition and is lucky that Butt was carrying him in midfield.
Old 28-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Britessabroad
Heskey. Heskey and Heskey.

Simply doesn't do enough over 90 mins, and isn't confident enough.
Did someone log in under their partner's username?
Old 28-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Essexeagle
I think Scholes isn't either. He went missing for the whole competition and is lucky that Butt was carrying him in midfield.
I don't quite get this anti-Scoles stuff. Erikson seems obsessed with playing players in exactly the same postion they occupy for their clubs. The trouble is he must have watched United when Ferguson had Scholes lying deeping than before to cover for Veron. He was clearly told not to get forward much.

Also, good though England's defence was, they often payed very deep. That can make the job easier for defenders but has the knock on effect of making the job harder for the two central midfielders. I think this became especially apparent against Brazil.
Old 28-06-2002, 04:47 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The problem is that the England team is full of pre-madonnas who are only really interested in playing for themselves. Look at the other teams, even South Korea and Turkey put in far more effort in the Qtr and Semi's than the pathetic apparthy of England.
England still seem to think they have a god given right to win yet we have only got to one final and that was on home turf with a dodgy linno.
Breaks my heart
Old 28-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

I don't quite get this anti-Scoles stuff. Erikson seems obsessed with playing players in exactly the same postion they occupy for their clubs. The trouble is he must have watched United when Ferguson had Scholes lying deeping than before to cover for Veron. He was clearly told not to get forward much.

Indeed, if you look at Scholes' scoring record for England, he's not far away from one in three. He's a player who needs to get forward for England.

And you can drop Heskey - he's just a glorified Akinbiyi (i.e. big and strong but can't stand up, can't trap a ball, can't pass...).
Old 28-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Nicky Butt gets the thumbs up from me,I was dreading his inclusion on the field as i have never rated him but I was well impressed with his efforts.
Old 28-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp

Also, good though England's defence was, they often payed very deep. That can make the job easier for defenders but has the knock on effect of making the job harder for the two central midfielders. I think this became especially apparent against Brazil.
Suggest you watch the video of the Brazil game, and count the number of (Scholes) tackles which didn't stick, the number of dirty (Scholes)challenges, and the number of astray (Scholes) passes ...... oh yes, and then there's his key role in both (Brazilian) goals.
Ferguson has already reduced him to a bench player - he knows what he's doing.

As for Fowler, he just lives on his myth. He was a clever club striker 4-5 years ago, why do you think he was shed by the Scouse ?
International quality ? Do me a favour.
Reminds me of Greaves : classic goal poacher, can do a job against (say) Austria, but goes AWOL in the tougher matches.

These guys have fallen away, never were THAT good, and are a guarantee of mediocrity for England.

Heskey won't do either, but he is a better all round player than Fowler (I know that's not too difficult).
Old 28-06-2002, 07:26 PM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by g23

Did someone log in under their partner's username?
It's a fair cop
Old 28-06-2002, 09:13 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by britabroad
It's a fair cop
I didn't think you'd turned her into a pundit overnight - seems more likelihood of you becoming an art critic!
Old 28-06-2002, 09:24 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Scholes needs to be dropped from the England starting 11. His performances over the last 15 months have been very poor and I can't understand why he is still a player that is first on the team sheet. Time to give Dunn a chance and get Scholes to buck up his ideas - the days of Scholes grabbing a hat trick and scoring vital goals are well gone.
Old 28-06-2002, 09:47 PM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by g23

I didn't think you'd turned her into a pundit overnight - seems more likelihood of you becoming an art critic!
I luv art me . .speshaly pikturs wiv blue color in it. I luv Moanet. e is great and real diferent like. In case you aint erd of im e paints water and stuff real nice
lives in sevenoaks i fink?
Old 28-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Self Portrait

Quote:
Originally posted by britabroad
I luv art me . .speshaly pikturs wiv blue color in it. I luv Moanet. e is great and real diferent like. In case you aint erd of im e paints water and stuff real nice
lives in sevenoaks i fink?
Yikes, it happened (badly)! Has Carol morphed into Tommy Smyth yet?