Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-10-2014, 01:19 PM
An eagle

◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Indian Super League (ISL)

So, this kicked off yesterday. And, fresh from worrying us all by turning up in Beckenham on transfer deadline day, Andre Moritz is playing in red and blue (well, a red stripe on a blue shirt). Is anyone else keeping an eye on it?

There's a To view the link you have to Register or Login of all the players, but here are some of the more notable ones:

Atletico de Kolkata
(The city hosts India's biggest game, the derby between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, attended by India's largest crowd ever for a sporting fixture in 1997 - 131,000. Owned by Sourav Ganguly.)
Climax Lawrence (35, India)
Borja Fernandez (33, Spain) - formerly of Real Madrid (23 apps), Mallorca, Valladolid, Getafe and Deportivo. Scored a great goal yesterday.
Luis Garcia (36, Spain)
Ofentse Nato (33, Botswana)
Mohammed Rafi (32, India) - I hear he has a fantastic voice.
Josemi (34, Spain)

Chennaiyin
Bojan Djordjic (32, Sweden)
Marco Materazzi (41, Italy)
Bernard Mendy (33, France)
Shilton Paul (26, India) - he's a goalkeeper.
Elano (33, Brazil) - yes, that Elano.
Mikael Silvestre (37, France)
Gennaro Bracigliano (34, France) - former Marseille #2. His To view the link you have to Register or Login was taken before he'd had time to finish brushing his teeth.

Delhi Dynamos
Alessandro Del Piero (39, Italy)
Mads Junker (33, Denmark) - 7 caps, 1 goal.
Marek Cech (38, Czech) - goalkeeper.
Morton Skoubo (33, Denmark) - another Danish striker, not very good whilst on loan at West Brom ages ago.

Goa
(Managed by Zico and owned by Virat Kohli.)
Robert Pires (40, France)
Andre Santos (31, Brazil) - only joined Arsenal in 2011.

FC Pune City
David Trezeguet (37, France) - spent a bit of time at River Plate after finishing his European career, so may be one of the more useful of the European vets.
Konstantinos Katsouranis (35, Greece)
Adrian Mutu (35, Romania)

Kerala Blasters
(Owned by Sachin Tendulkar.)
David James (44, England) - player/manager.
James McAllister (36, Scotland) - formerly of Bristol City, PNE and Yeovil.
Colin Falvey (29, Ireland) - has played in England, Ireland, New Zealand and the USA.
Penn Orji (23, Nigeria)
Michael Chopra (30, England)
Iain Hume (30, Canada)

Mumbai City
(Managed by Peter Reid.)
Nicolas Anelka (35, France)
Manuel Friedrich (35, Germany)
Andre Moritz (28, Brazil)
Fredrik Ljungberg (37, Sweden)

NorthEast United
(Based in Guwahati, Assam, with a squad based upon that of Shillong Lajong in the I-League.)
Seiminlen Doungel (20, India) - almost has a great name.
Joan Capdevila (36, Spain)
Cornell Glen (34, Trinidad & Tobago) - "He began at Trinidadian club FUGTOF in 1999" - before he fugtof to play in all three 2006 World Cup group stage games, and was one of their better players, too. Was playing for LA Galaxy fairly recently.
James Keene (28, England) - former Portsmouth striker, now Elfsborg's all-time European top scorer. According to the ISL site, "Keene had expressed his interest in playing for the Swedish national team, could make the cut for the Scandinavian side."
Koke (31, Spain) - no, not that one. Formerly of Marseille, Rayo Vallecano, and other clubs in Spain, Portugal, Greece, USA, Azerbaijan, Germany and Bolivia.
Alexandros Tzorvas (32, Greece) - Greek international for quite a while, not in the last few squads though.

Atletico de Kolkata beat Mumbai City 3-0 yesterday:

Today is the second game, NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters. Kicks off at 2.30pm UK time. Delhi play Pune City tomorrow at the same time. If my afternoon tomorrow moves as slowly as this one, I may end up watching it.

Last edited by ◤◥ ◣◢; 24-10-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 13-10-2014, 01:24 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
so this has replaced the Indian domestic league or is running parallel? Are the rest of the players natives?
Old 13-10-2014, 01:31 PM
An eagle

◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine◤◥ ◣◢ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
so this has replaced the Indian domestic league or is running parallel? Are the rest of the players natives?

This just runs from October to December, with the I-League (domestic top tier) running from January to May. The majority of the other players are Indian. Intriguingly probably the most famous current Indian player, Sunil Chhetri (who had a brief stint in the MLS a few years ago), is not taking part. He plays for the I-League champions Bengaluru, but a disagreement between their owners and ISL sponsors IMG-Reliance has meant that no Bengaluru players are taking part.
Old 13-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some interesting 'where are they now' names there, I never thought they cared for anything but cricket. Their Olympic medal record is shockingly poor given their population.

Maybe the Indian diaspora (especially in the UK) has informed them though word of mouth how good football is.
Old 13-10-2014, 02:23 PM

jj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ◤◥ ◣◢ View Post
Climax Lawrence (35, India)
Brilliant name
Old 13-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
So the loveable Moritz has joined a graveyard of footballers along with other late 30 years old's while he's still only 28.

Average footballer and a money making genius, who never has to complete a pre-season and earns a fortune by signing on frees and getting more money due to the lack of transfer fees involved.

No one can question his motives now. He'll probably retire a very well off man, given his actual achievements in the game.
Old 13-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
thought Andre was joining a south korean side.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 13-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down low
He's on loan to the Indian club from the South Korean club I think.

Which is a bit odd. But I think the Korean league finishes soon so I guess that might have something to do with it.
Old 13-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
He is on loan.
Old 13-10-2014, 03:31 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Nicely paying retirement home for over the hill footballers by the looks of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 13-10-2014, 04:15 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
So the loveable Moritz has joined a graveyard of footballers along with other late 30 years old's while he's still only 28.

Average footballer and a money making genius, who never has to complete a pre-season and earns a fortune by signing on frees and getting more money due to the lack of transfer fees involved.

No one can question his motives now. He'll probably retire a very well off man, given his actual achievements in the game.
He really upset you didn't he
Old 13-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Great excitement from the many Indians in my office about this. They've jumped on it, could do OK I think
Old 13-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Chopra lol
Old 14-10-2014, 01:53 PM
An eagle

Delhi Dynamos (without Del Piero) are playing Pune City (with Trezeguet) now. And would be 2 or 3 up, if only their forwards didn't have the composure levels of a very hungover Wayne Andrews. Wins for Kolkata and NorthEast United so far.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
He really upset you didn't he
Him and all the overrated players that are lauded for no reason.
Old 14-10-2014, 03:00 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
C'mon the Blasters!
Old 14-10-2014, 03:03 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Must be an absolute fortune being gambled on this league.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 14-10-2014, 03:04 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ◤◥ ◣◢ View Post
Mohammed Rafi (32, India) - I hear he has a fantastic voice.
Old 14-10-2014, 03:28 PM
An eagle

Delhi just drew 0-0 with Pune. Del Piero came on just before half-time for Delhi, and then it became a case of both teams trying to find their ex-Juventus players. Trezeguet became anonymous after half-time. Del Piero got a great reception when he came on, and most of the play was centred around him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Delhi and Kolkata end up near the top of the table.

Given how short this league is set to run for, I wonder if it will look at all similar next season. I can't imagine many of the current 'marquee' players will still be playing. Maybe they'll be hoping to ensnare players of a slightly higher quality (Robbie Keane, Thierry Henry, AJ, Mikele Leigertwood, Jobi McAnuff, etc.), whilst in terms of domestic players, the rest of the teams will look broadly similar, based on I-League teams.

If this league draws in large crowds all season long, the games get a bit more exciting, and some good Indian players star, will the Indian FA just hope that enthusiasm for the sport continues to develop for the 9 months each year the ISL isn't on, and that some of those audiences start following I-League teams, too? Or will they try and combine the two leagues in some way? The cricket IPL runs from April to June, so even if the ISL and I-League both continue separately, and there is no overlap with the IPL, there is still no football on in August or September.
Old 15-10-2014, 02:47 AM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
another one to the list ISL....... will Still use BPL or EPL to upset the natives