Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:01 AM

duh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningduh would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Is that a Scottish Terrier?
Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
I think it looks alright.

The negative from me though is that I reckon they were aiming for something distinguishable and accidentally landed on something that could be mistaken for the kit manufacturer.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Looks ok. Remember we moved to an Eagle instead of the glass Palace and those in glasshouses not throwing stones and all that!!!
Old 10-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
What do we do? Throw sticks for them?
Old 10-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Looks ok. Remember we moved to an Eagle instead of the glass Palace and those in glasshouses not throwing stones and all that!!!
So what you’re saying is that, unlike in the past, we now are allowed to throw stones?
Old 10-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
So what you’re saying is that, unlike in the past, we now are allowed to throw stones?
I'm saying who the **** are we to throw stones with our kit colour change and popping an Eagle out of our Arse.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Its a very neutral badge designed to look good on team wear so that neutrals will buy it for fashion purposes.
surely no one actually does this?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betray
it's a bad version of the wolves badge. Doesn't actually say the name of the team.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:40 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Netto
Yep, was just going to say stolen from one of our local supermarkets

Old 10-06-2018, 05:41 PM
“Valiant” Bwighton

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Atrocious
Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
That design has been knocking around for at least a year as I saw it on other stuff in their club shop (hut!), but it's a bit brave to put it on the shirt.

But if their fans like it, fair enough I guess!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-06-2018, 06:35 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Ugly badge ugly club
Old 10-06-2018, 06:49 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
Is that a Scottish Terrier?
Id always assumed that the terriers was in reference to yorkshire terriers, but agree that looks far more like a scotty dog.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:58 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I'm saying who the **** are we to throw stones with our kit colour change and popping an Eagle out of our Arse.
Huddersfield only picked up ‘The Terriers’ nickname after their marketing manager thought it up in 1969 - they were always just called ‘Town’ before that as a nickname - so only four seasons before Big Mal came up with the ‘Eagles’ rebrand for Palace.

It may take a bit of finding, but there is actually a Palace team photograph from the 1900s with a terrier dog as a club mascot (an actual dog, not a badge or someone in a costume!) - as it was a bit of a tradition in our first few seasons.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:06 PM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Had a quick scan of their message board and they seem to like it for some reason.
might be a Yorkshire thing I like it too lol I am however palace through and through lol

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 10-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Still nowhere near as bad as that dog turd Leeds produced.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like it, good design. It will grow on you all in time
Old 10-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post

It may take a bit of finding, but there is actually a Palace team photograph from the 1900s with a terrier dog as a club mascot (an actual dog, not a badge or someone in a costume!) - as it was a bit of a tradition in our first few seasons.
Just checked my hoard of tat, I have an original copy of it - it was a 1909/10 team photo.

In the 50's or early 60's wasn't there a cat in a Palace team photo? My memory vaguely suggests the then secretary Miss Mary Montague was pictured holding a moggy called 'Kitty' or something similar?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-06-2018, 10:11 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Just checked my hoard of tat, I have an original copy of it - it was a 1909/10 team photo.

In the 50's or early 60's wasn't there a cat in a Palace team photo? My memory vaguely suggests the then secretary Miss Mary Montague was pictured holding a moggy called 'Kitty' or something similar?

Not sure on that one D.E.! Have to look through the collections again now you’ve mentioned it, Mary Montague was one of the first female club secretaries, at any club, not just Palace and I think there is a picture of her with the Palace Tea Lady sat with the directors and players from the early 60’s - that has to be a rarity!

Back on the subject of club mascots (so much for the thread title!) - of course there was Kate the Palace horse in the 1940/50s - who helped the then groundsman Charlie Catlett work on the pitch, obviously the forerunners to Len Chatterton and his Volkswagen ‘The Flatterer’ - all makes Huddersfield’s terriers look rather lame in comparison!
Old 11-06-2018, 04:02 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
"will help our brand in China"

you're Huddersfield lads, behave
Huddersfield are 'a brand' now are they? I hate that corporate wank talk