Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Anonymous Coward

England Fans (Old thread 2002)

Surprise, Surprise As soon as the BBC relised it wasn't the england fans starting the trouble they turned thier attentions away from it.

The Slovikans started trouble by chucking Seats into the England enclosure then rightly so the England fans get fed up with Police not doing anything about it and turned on to the fans behind the fence and tried to storm the fence then surprise surprise the Police start to batton all the England Fans as shown on the BBC

I don't condem this behaviour because if you were in this situauton with all this stuff coming at you, you would react in the same way.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:06 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Re: England Fans

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daddy 5+5
..then rightly so the England fans get fed up with Police not doing anything about it and turned on to the fans behind the fence and tried to storm the fence then surprise surprise the Police start to batton all the England Fans as shown on the BBC
Can't agree with your wording here. England do not have the right to start anything. They should have moved away from the trouble, not tried to take matters into their own hands.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:06 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Doesn't help when you see one ******* idiot charging across the rows of seats intent on having a go at the police though. From what I saw it did seem that this was isolated and most of the England fans looked thoroughly bewildered at the treatment they were getting from the wannabe asylum seekers.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:10 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
My View

it was clear the slovakians started it....

however when outnumbered 50-1, and in a foreign country, not real smart to start giving it large....

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:37 AM
Anonymous Coward

Re: My View

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle

however when outnumbered 50-1, and in a foreign country, not real smart to start giving it large....

Thats the thing though OZ about being a England Fan abroad, the Fans love being outnumbred but singing thier hearts out for thier country everywhere we go we take 1000's were the only country in the world who can do have this level of support following thier national team. Of course some fans play up to it but for some not all thats part of thier trip aboard. It's easy for us to judge us watching the game from Home/Pub or wherever but if you were thier I'm sure you'd fell you have to do your bit for England
Old 13-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dear santer -
"England fans looked thoroughly bewildered at the treatment they were getting from the wannabe asylum seekers."
Pathetic.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:41 AM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dear daddy 55 -
"but if you were thier I'm sure you'd fell you have to do your bit for England"
I forgot we were at war.
Old 13-10-2002, 01:46 AM
Anonymous Coward

Dear PT109

Dear PT109

Err Whats wrong?

We were having a sensible discusion untill you came along and runied it with your PC brigade comments if you dont like it what were saying please argue in a sensbile manor instaed of chatting rubbish.
Old 13-10-2002, 02:02 AM
Super Bee

Edmundo is playing for a contract
Dear Daddy

It wouldn't surprise me to discover that many of these "wannabe asylum seekers" (as Santos-er so charmlessly call them) can speak English better than you.

Doesn't this messageboard have a policy on racism?
Old 13-10-2002, 02:13 AM

congress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well f*** me, more trouble at an England game and yet our fans are innocent again.
Old 13-10-2002, 02:18 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Re: England Fans

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daddy 5+5
The Slovikans started trouble by chucking Seats into the England enclosure then rightly so the England fans get fed up with Police not doing anything about it and turned on to the fans behind the fence and tried to storm the fence
that is a joke right?
Old 13-10-2002, 02:23 AM
Making it So

Dear 55 dad
Yes, you are having a joke...aren't you?
I mean, we're not at war...are we?
Old 13-10-2002, 02:34 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Edmundo
Dear Daddy

It wouldn't surprise me to discover that many of these "wannabe asylum seekers" (as Santos-er so charmlessly call them) can speak English better than you.

Doesn't this messageboard have a policy on racism?
We tend to leave rubbish like santos-er's up there so that our other members can show them that they are unacceptable.

I am watching this thread
Old 13-10-2002, 03:55 AM

Spread-Eagle is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by congress
Well f*** me, more trouble at an England game and yet our fans are innocent again.
I'm in a hostel in Vienna, got back from the game. Police were more than heavy-handed. The whole experience was ruined by the Slovak authorities and their attitude towards the English.

As blokes we know what you might get into travelling abroad with England, but there is no excuse for people in a position of supposed power to randomly hit women and children!

In the left hand section of England fans there were two people to every one seat. We still all have our tickets complete with stubs. When the police baton charged the fans (because the Slovaks were throwing missiles at us) this ended up as three or four per seat. The whole organisation was a shambles and comments like the above by people who aren't here doesn't help the cause of football fans in general.

Last edited by Spread-Eagle; 13-10-2002 at 03:59 AM.
Old 13-10-2002, 04:04 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Spread-Eagle
I'm in a hostel in Vienna, got back from the game. Police were more than heavy-handed. The whole experience was ruined by the Slovak authorities and their attitude towards the English.

As blokes we know what you might get into travelling abroad with England, but there is no excuse for people in a position of supposed power to randomly hit women and children!

In the left hand section of England fans there were two people to every one seat. We still all have our tickets complete with stubs. When the police baton charged the fans (because the Slovaks were throwing missiles at us) this ended up as three or four per seat. The whole organisation was a shambles and comments like the above by people who aren't here doesn't help the cause of football fans in general.

good post mate,I'm sick of reading everything being the English fans fault when people have no clue or weren't there to see for themselves.They just assumeThanks for setting the record straight
Old 13-10-2002, 04:25 AM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eastern European Police take life a tiny bit more seriously than their Western counterparts in my experience.

I would assume regular England away fans would have known this, unless the lads who travelled were 1st timers in which case it's all experience for them. Just be thankful you didn't fall foul of their private security firms as the the two lads who got shot yesterday did.

Basically if you travel to somewhere that has little or no experience of hosting major sporting events then expect the worst. However it's only though gaining experience that the likes of the Slovakian police can hope to gain experience of how to handle things like this. I just hope no one from either side got hurt.
Old 13-10-2002, 04:40 AM

Spread-Eagle is playing for a contract
I agree Skin-up, it certainly was an experience! Eastern Europe is lot different to anything else I and my mates (on mixture of cap numbers) have seen anywhere at a football game.

FIFA and the FA need to lend their experience to these countries when it comes to the policing of major games.
Old 13-10-2002, 04:40 AM

2Under is playing for a contract
Just got back from game as well, please do not patronise those of us who were at the game because you don't know what it was like there. When we arrived in Bratislava it was obvious that the police and authorities there would not be able to cope with a large england following, whether thay were out to cause trouble or not. I know the about the stereotypical eastern european police but this was ridiculous. They seemed to enjoy intimidating the england fans, and it was obvious that something would happen.
There was overcrowding in the england end, and a flimsy little fence separating the slovaks from one section of the england fans. There seemed to be very little happening when the police started their baton charging, they honestly could have caused a crush. To be honest the england fans had been pretty quiet up to this point.
Basically the Slovakian police, through lack of experience could not handle a big game in a stadium with dreadful facilities. The result was that the whole day was ruined.
But please don't start banging on about the behaviour of the england fans. And don't believe all you will read in the papers tomorrow.
Old 13-10-2002, 02:31 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Why was C Block lad's post deleted???
Old 13-10-2002, 02:37 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
Why has my post been deleted? answers please, there was no racist comments or anything, or is it more of a case that the truth hurts?

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.