Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

#### is starting to shape up
Steve Staunton shock transfer

Staunton joins Arsenal

Veteran defender Steve Staunton has moved to Premiership Runners-up Arsenal from Aston Villa on a free transfer.
The Republic of Ireland international has signed a two-year deal at Highbury, in which must rank as the shock transfer of the summer.

He goes straight into the Gunners' squad for Sunday's game against Everton, due to a defensive crisis at the North-London giants.

Capped 102 times by his country, Staunton's arrival at Arsenal comes at a time when Martin Keown and possibly Sol Campbell are missing for Arsene Wenger's side.

The 34-year-old made 350 appearances for Villa - the majority coming in his first spell between 1991 and 1998

Source: bbc website
Old 15-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Weird!

I read he was on his way to Coventry, earlier today!

Quote:
Aston Villa have have announced defender Steve Staunton has moved to First Division Coventry on a free transfer.

The Republic of Ireland international has signed a two-year deal at Highfield Road and goes straight into the Sky Blues' squad for tomorrow's game against Walsall.

Capped 102 times by his country, Staunton's arrival at City comes at a time when Richard Shaw and Dean Gordon are missing for Gary McAllister's side.

The 34-year-old made 350 appearances for Villa - the majority coming in his first spell between 1991 and 1998.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

must be a U-turn.
Old 15-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
....or a U-bender.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 15-08-2003, 03:33 PM

cpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowscpfc_connection is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
well staunton said the reason he didnt join palace was because he wanted 2 end his career in the top flight, so i dnt see him going 2 arsenal as a shock. perhaps he will teach ashley cole a thing or two
Old 15-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
BBC Website says Coventry!
Old 15-08-2003, 03:37 PM

Dodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Steve Staunton shock transfer

Quote:
Originally posted by ####

Source: bbc website
Can you post the actual link because the BBC web site i'm looking at doesn't seem to have this story
Old 15-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Banned by Moderators

You aint looked hard enough have you
Old 15-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
Its not there.
Old 15-08-2003, 03:39 PM

RichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heart
Quote:
You aint looked hard enough have you
You're a bit of tosser aren't you
Old 15-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

pm me and we can discuss that over a pint tomorrow instead of hiding behind your computer
Old 15-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Was this supposed to be a joke?

Dodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have you got the link then, i'm still waiting
Banned by Moderators

Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
Why make up a pathetic story like that?

Is it because you are a loser.
Old 15-08-2003, 03:44 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is this Palaceman?
Ever the optimist

Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf
Quote:
pm me and we can discuss that over a pint tomorrow instead of hiding behind your computer
F*ck off you Millwall supporting ******.

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lighten up everyone, its just a bit of a wind up. Does it really make that much difference to you who Staunton has signed for?
Old 15-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally posted by Raf
F*ck off you Millwall supporting ******.
I'm more palace than you sunshine
Old 15-08-2003, 03:45 PM

18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There is no way that Arsenal would want Steve Staunton - end of story.

They have Campbell, Toure, Cygan to play at centre back even if Keown is injured. They could in desperation play the likes of Stepanovs or their recent young signings Phillipe Senderos or Gael Clichy!

There is clearly an idiot trying to mislead us!

If you are looking to offload any unwanted Panini or Merlin football stickers (old swaps etc.) feel free to DM

Blog site: http://aaronporter.wordpress.com/