Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:38 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
I suppose this means that all Millwall fans will be going to their local post office to get their passport application forms. Alot of them will need help filling the application form in because they have probably never had a passport before!
Are you allowed to complete passport applications in crayon?

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
I heard you say..hey hey!

blazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jordan's Jacket
And in turn, there will be some great sex! So I can live with him rubbing my face in it,

Are these two sentences in some way related?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Ever the optimist

Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf Raf
Quote:
Originally posted by Raf
Geez, I know we had a soft run in 1990 - but at least we got a tough draw in the semis.

Here's Millwall's route to the semi-finals...
3rd round - Walsall (home)
4th round - Telford (away)
5th round - Burnley (home)
6th round - Tranmere (home)
And then the mighty Sunderland in the semis!! Has there ever been an easier route through the FA Cup??

And now look at the teams Palace would have had to beat to get to the Final...!

3rd round - Spurs (away)
4th round - Man City (away)
5th round - Man Utd (away)
6th round - Fulham (home)
Semi-Final - Arsenal

Old 08-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Cannons Moustache
By the way, what is the record winning margin in a cup final?

6-0 as far as I recall.

Was it against Derby back in about '46 or so???
Old 08-03-2004, 03:53 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
6-0 as far as I recall.

Was it against Derby back in about '46 or so???
Blimey, never realised the 96 stood for your age
Old 08-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Blimey, never realised the 96 stood for your age
Now you know!! And I also recall it was Charlton who scored the 6!! I could of course be wrong, but there you go!!
Old 08-03-2004, 03:54 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Hmmm... ManU v Millwall final is a possibility - what a dilemma, I can't decide who I hate the most. Maybe a case of watching it down the pub and shouting abuse at both sides.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 08-03-2004, 03:57 PM

PhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Raf
And now look at the teams Palace would have had to beat to get to the Final...!

3rd round - Spurs (away)
4th round - Man City (away)
5th round - Man Utd (away)
6th round - Fulham (home)
Semi-Final - Arsenal

In fairness the draw would have been totally different if we had beaten Spurs as ball numbers for the draw are allocated according to alphabetical order.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Doting Grandfather

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD
In fairness the draw would have been totally different if we had beaten Spurs as ball numbers for the draw are allocated according to alphabetical order.
I thought they were allocated on the basis of the match number from the previous draw, other than of course when the top two divisions enter at the third round stage when they are done alphabeticaly whilst the others are as before.

If you were drawn out as match no 1 in the first round then the winner of the tie would be ball number 1 in the next draw...
Old 08-03-2004, 04:03 PM

PhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I thought they were allocated on the basis of the match number from the previous draw, other than of course when the top two divisions enter at the third round stage when they are done alphabeticaly whilst the others are as before.

If you were drawn out as match no 1 in the first round then the winner of the tie would be ball number 1 in the next draw...
Oh, you may well be right, I was assuming that they changed the numbers every round.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Doting Grandfather

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD
Oh, you may well be right, I was assuming that they changed the numbers every round.
I remember this from last year when NTE put up the numbers when we were still in the cup.

Thought at the time he was very clever - and then I realised there was a system!!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Only good thing to come out of the 'Wall making it to the final would to see the suits that the players would wear...head to toe in Burberry I suspect. Of course Monsignor Wilkins would be attempting to look like his mentor Vialli and sport a riduculously "big knotted" Burberry tie.

For the sake of humanity, however, I think Millwall should be disqualified, on ethical grounds and not be allowed to cross the Welsh border.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan's Jacket
For the sake of humanity, however, I think Millwall should be disqualified, on ethical grounds and not be allowed to cross the Welsh border.
Can't we just not allow them back?
Old 08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Woodruff
Are you allowed to complete passport applications in crayon?
LOL
Old 08-03-2004, 04:49 PM

blazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkblazey_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blazey_cpfc
Quote:
And in turn, there will be some great sex! So I can live with him rubbing my face in it,

Are these two sentences in some way related?
I did not write that post
Old 08-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
intersting Blazey as the quote is certainly not from me either...virus alert!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:14 PM

Quote:
intersting Blazey as the quote is certainly not from me either...virus alert!!!
My post has disappeared, that is a great shame

In answer to yours or whoevers question, no, not related in any way, shape or form!

On second thoughts I'm starting to wish I hadn't said I hope 'Wall will go on to the cup final. I'd only become a European football widow.
So maybe they should all just let Arse-nal win again....

Old 08-03-2004, 05:37 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
one of Millwall, Sunderland or Tranmere will bein the UEFA Cup next season. Scary.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
We, of course, should be cheering our South London chums all the way to the Final..Don't forget, Charlton are also in with a shout of a UEFA Cup spot...there's a sporting chance of a Millwall v Charlton UEFA Cup Final in 15 months...this is just what we need to put US on the map, because by then, we will have quallified for our Champion's League placing..my God! I think I'm having a brainstorm!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Millwall in Europe!!
Unless there's some sort of geo-political fault line in Bermondsey that I'm not aware of, I always thought Millwall was in Europe.