Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has anyone been sent-off for fouling a team-mate?

"Has anyone ever been sent off for fouling his own team-mate?" asked Peter Christensen.
The Knowledge's inbox was jam-packed with your tales of team-mates turning nasty, including a particularly nasty scrap in 1979 between Derek "Killer" Hales and fellow Charlton striker Mike Flanagan. The pair hadn't been on speaking terms for sometime and when they found themselves trailing 2-0 to lowly Maidstone in an FA Cup third-round tie, it all kicked off. The pair set into each other like agitated badgers, and were promptly dismissed - Hales even found himself the proud new owner of a P45 shortly afterwards.

Things almost got that bad for Craig Levein 15 years later, when he and Hearts team-mate Graeme Hogg came to blows in the bubbling cauldron of tension that is... a pre-season friendly against Raith Rovers. In full view of the handily placed TV cameras, the pair (literally) pulled no punches in their discussion of the goal conceded moments before. Both were red-carded as Hogg was stretchered off, and Levein was made to sit out 12 games and hand over two weeks' wages by the club.

In 1995, Premiership champions Blackburn headed into their fifth Champions League group game against Spartak Moscow with the unenviable record of one goal and one point. And on the night, people barely had time to draw breath (let alone utter the words 'not' 'really' and 'up to this gig') before there was fighting in the Blackburn ranks.

No surprise that David Batty was involved, but in fact it was Graeme Le Saux who rained in with the punches after the pair collided going for the same ball. Amazingly neither player was given his marching orders - though Colin Hendry was later red-carded, despite making a valiant attempt to withdraw from the offending tackle.

Our most recent example, meanwhile, comes from Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann. In his final season with Borussia Dortmund, Lehmann was sent-off four times - the most notable for running at full pelt into the midfield to confront Marcio Amoroso over his slack defending. Some hands-round-the-neck action and a hefty shove later, Lehmann was making his way to the showers, his mood no doubt improved by the Schalke goal (which had started it all) being disallowed for offside.

..................made me laugh
Old 13-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Has anyone been sent-off for fouling a team-mate?

Quote:
Originally posted by <_tece_>
Our most recent example, meanwhile, comes from Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann. In his final season with Borussia Dortmund, Lehmann was sent-off four times - the most notable for running at full pelt into the midfield to confront Marcio Amoroso over his slack defending. Some hands-round-the-neck action and a hefty shove later, Lehmann was making his way to the showers, his mood no doubt improved by the Schalke goal (which had started it all) being disallowed for offside.
It was actually Reuter who got the slap. Dirty Schalke b@stard Lehmann. The only player I know who got beaten up by his own fans when Dortmund played a pre-season friendly!
Old 19-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
My brother got sent off once for a foul in a game against a player he plays with normally? Does that count
Old 19-06-2004, 11:07 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How about being sent of IN CASE you foul somebody?

A friend of mine at school was significantly large for his age - tall and wide (he ended up 6'8" and 19 stone solid). Way back when we must have been about 9 or 10 he was sent off after about 30 seconds of a school football match because he was so much bigger than some of the others that the games teacher/ref didn't want to risk him hurting them. It's over 30 years ago now and I can't honestly remember if he actually got as far as tackling, never mind fouling, anybody!