Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Worst Nicknames in Football

My vote is for Wycome Wanderers - The Chairboys!

Which team, worldwide if you like, do you think has the most ridiculous nickname?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bolton - The Trotters
Northampton Town - The Cobblers
Southend United - The Shrimpers (I think)
Old 06-07-2004, 09:30 AM

Hatch is playing for a contract
Grantham are the Gingerbreads
Stamford are the Daniels
Old 06-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Bognor are the Rocks and you will know why if you have ever sat on Bognor Beach.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
What were Seaweed before they copied us and called themselves Seagulls? Its was some stooooopid fishing nickname wasnt it?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Everton - The Toffeemen

LOL
Old 06-07-2004, 09:34 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It may not be 'official' but I couldn't help cracking up in Cardiff whenevr the hamsters let rip with a gusty chorus oF 'IRONS, IRONS, IRONS'
Old 06-07-2004, 09:38 AM

ReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the 'weeds were known as the lambs, back in the days before they all smelt of fish.

Not a very machos nickname for a football club, but we are talking about Brighton here.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:40 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Chesterfield - The Spireites

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 06-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Insert Better Username

lil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
whats the team with the nickname the imps?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:42 AM

Farnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFarnboro' Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by lil_b_eagle
whats the team with the nickname the imps?
Lincoln
Old 06-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Religion... and then some

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
Quote:
Originally posted by CK
It may not be 'official' but I couldn't help cracking up in Cardiff whenevr the hamsters let rip with a gusty chorus oF 'IRONS, IRONS, IRONS'
Iron's is the official nickname.

I alway thought that 'The Reds' or 'Pool' were the worst nicknames especially for a team of Liverpool's stature even Jimmy Tarbuck could have come up with better for them!
Old 06-07-2004, 09:47 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GOD
Iron's is the official nickname.
Not in the sense that was cracking me up it ain't
Old 06-07-2004, 09:49 AM

Hypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHypodam is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
The Cottager's is pretty dodgy these days.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[sacrilege] I never thought much of the Glaziers [/sacrilege]

eagles is much much cooler
Old 06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Religion... and then some

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
Quote:
Originally posted by CK
Not in the sense that was cracking me up it ain't
Can I have some of what ever you're on then please
Old 06-07-2004, 10:04 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I though Brightons old nickname was "the dolphins" I dont know why though.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
loz is correct.

Strangely, another team nicknamed the Dolphins are the American football team from Miami - another town with a reputation for being a haven of bottists.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I believe that Colchester used to be called the oystermen (it is the Oyster capital of the UK) but now they call themselves the U's which is hardly interesting or original
Old 06-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
[sacrilege] I never thought much of the Glaziers [/sacrilege]

eagles is much much cooler
I prefer The Glaziers.

Eagles sounds too "American" to me.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.