Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I think Charlton's nickname is pretty poor. Always makes me think of smackheads tapping up a vein.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:44 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hypodam
The Cottager's is pretty dodgy these days.
The original and best!

How a club like Fulham (which let's face it, is a bit of a joke anyway) expect to be taken seriously with a name like that?

Why don't they just re-locate to hampstead heath and be done with it
Old 06-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I also think Boston United's nickname is a bit dodgy - The Pilgrims....
Old 06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Family Man

JFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last nightJFBeagle had a homecoming in Harlem late last night
I think any nick name which describes the origins of the club - which are mostly rooted in it's woring class traditions (shrimpers, cobblers, glaziers, toffees etc.) are meaningful. They don't necessarily make good chants but tell you something about the club.

But if the best you can come up with is the colour of your shirt (reds) or the name of your stadium (cottagers) then you deserve the abuse. (Particularly if the Red surn up wearing white!)
Old 06-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sunderland - Black Cats, what does that mean?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
The original and best!

How a club like Fulham (which let's face it, is a bit of a joke anyway) expect to be taken seriously with a name like that?

Why don't they just re-locate to hampstead heath and be done with it
Isn't the Lilywhites their official nickname? Or is it just an alternati\/e one?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
How 'bout Yeovil. The Glovers.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Wingy_CPFC
Isn't the Lilywhites their official nickname? Or is it just an alternati\/e one?
That's Tottenham, isn't it?

I think Black Cats is a reference to gun implacements in Sunderland during some war or other, which were referred to as black cats locally. I could be wrong with that.

Anything to do with shirt colour is a bit lame for a nickname. A bit like anyone whose team is suffixed 'Town', 'City', etc. - it's hardly distinctive.

Chelsea used to be the Pensioners until they decided it was hardly appropriate for a load of violent N.F. thugs.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Chelsea used to be the Pensioners until they decided it was hardly appropriate for a load of violent N.F. thugs.
Then they came up with the highly original 'Blues'.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:43 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Banbury United are called 'The Puritains', which is either completely terrible of completely brilliant depending on your point of view.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:47 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I heard that "The black cats" were big guns that protected the docks in Sunderland during the war. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:20 AM

JamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnJamieBcpfc lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
not football but the "mailman" is pretty stupid, it doesn't deliver
Old 08-07-2004, 12:49 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
South Sydney Rabbitohs (Rugby League)
Old 08-07-2004, 01:20 AM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In Auckland there is a team called the Football Kingz..........Anybody over here that has had the misfortune to actually see them play would have to admit sh1thouse might be more appropriate than Kingz.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:42 AM

Gatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGatecrasher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any team whose nickname is the Reds or the Blues or something similar have a pretty poor nickname. No imagination. I don't like "The Valiants" very much. I prefer "The Colliers" as Vale were called once upon a time.

My favourite nickname is "The Iron" - Scunthorpe United's. Not only does it has a local connection - with the steelworks - but it sounds pretty formidable too.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:17 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
The Honest Men Ayr Utd. And most of the now defunct League over here. Perth Glory , Brisbane Strikers. Nrthern Spirit.
Old 18-07-2004, 02:27 PM

pattaya pete is playing for a contract
How about "the monkey hangers" for Hartlepool. Interesting origins,always makes me laugh.
Old 18-07-2004, 04:50 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by JamieBcpfc
not football but the "mailman" is pretty stupid, it doesn't deliver
Don't get me started. I'm still waiting for a shirt I ordered 4 weeks ago. 7-12 days my a**e!!!
Old 19-07-2004, 08:40 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
That's Tottenham, isn't it?

I think Black Cats is a reference to gun implacements in Sunderland during some war or other, which were referred to as black cats locally. I could be wrong with that.

Anything to do with shirt colour is a bit lame for a nickname. A bit like anyone whose team is suffixed 'Town', 'City', etc. - it's hardly distinctive.

I thought Lilly Whites was Leeds, but TBH, who gives a f*uck, they're both full of tossers.
Old 19-07-2004, 08:49 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Quote:
Originally posted by Gark Moldberg
I believe that Colchester used to be called the oystermen (it is the Oyster capital of the UK) but now they call themselves the U's which is hardly interesting or original
I always thought Whitstable was the oyster capital of the UK?