Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Good Morning

B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceSi
I've often thought Beckham could play on the left for England as he could curl in some wicked shots and crosses from those positions. If we have no natural left footers why not just play a strong player and he could never have scored a goal like that from the right.

He's become too set in his ways to play in the centre to play on the wing. He can barely play Right Wing these days, let alone Left Wing. He needs to become the Right Winger he used to be, and stop pretending he is a Central Midfielder.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
He was never a winger anyway. Wide midfielder, yes. Winger? Not in a million years.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Good Morning

B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
He was never a winger anyway. Wide midfielder, yes. Winger? Not in a million years.
Blah, blah. Not in a Million years, hey? Putting 10 top class crosses into the box every game equates to the position of Winger in my eyes, does it not yours? Was he not doing this the year ManU were winning the Treble? Oh, so because he is not quick and a great dribbler, he is all of a sudden deemed not a winger, what absolute hogwash. You logical? Not in a million years.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Well done, treacle.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I agree with Brett and think it's a pretty perceptive observation. He always crosses from deep - Kenny Sansom used to cross from those positions as well; he always receives the ball in midfield, hardly ever in the last third of the pitch. A winger gets to the line, ergo, Beckham was never a winger
Old 11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Good Morning

Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
I agree with Brett and think it's a pretty perceptive observation. He always crosses from deep - Kenny Sansom used to cross from those positions as well; he always receives the ball in midfield, hardly ever in the last third of the pitch. A winger gets to the line, ergo, Beckham was never a winger

Rubbish. There's nothing perceptive about beating around the bush. The wing is the side of the pitch, is it not? Whether you play 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 5-3-2 or not, the player who plays on the side of the pitch is actually playing on the WING, therefore is deemed a WINGer. And Beckham used to work the WING very well with Gary Neville to form a great WING partnership at ManU (they can thank Fergie for their success). Some of Beckham's best crosses and assists used to come from very near to the bye-line, in Attacking positions (anyone remember 2-0 against Inter in the Champs League?). His deep long balls, passes and crosses are what he does when the ball has just been in their own half and he tends to try to hurry the play. There is a massive difference.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:46 AM

hugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
[QUOTE]Originally posted by B the Bad

the player who plays on the side of the pitch is actually playing on the WING, therefore is deemed a WINGer.

Ridiculous justification. By that you imply fullbacks are wingers! Good logic.

Duff, Giggs, C Ronaldo, Wright Philips are wingers. Is Beckham the same player as them?
Clearly not, therefor Beckham is not a winger but a wide midfielder. Simple as that.
Great goal !
Old 12-10-2004, 07:22 AM

Fatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverFatman is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
I suspected becks got himself booker on purpose, everyone at the time was telling me I was talking crap and that he was just a donut.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Myself and Stumpy were right behind the goal that Beckham scored in. A fantastic shot that not until the last moment did it look like it was actually going in for the extent of the curl he put on it. Certainly didn't look like a deflected shot to me.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:47 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
How strange was Beckham's behaviour? We were cruising the game, no presure, no attitude, and he starts jumping in all over the place? To me it stank of Beckham deliberately ruling himself out through suspension and/or injury.
He has admitted as much in today's currant bun.
Shouldn't this warrant a long period of suspension
for bringing the game and England into disrepute
plus immediate demotion as captain?
When the England skipper admits he deliberately
went out of his way to foul an international
opponent in such a way as to get himself sus-
pended for the next game, which he knew he
was going to miss anyway through injury, what
kind of leadership is that giving to his team-
mates, to Britain's youngsters and to the foot-
balling public as a whole - it is pure cynicism.
The only Brownie point Beckham gains from all
of this is that he has at least told the truth!
Despite the excellent goal he scored, I still
think England needs more width and would
replace Beckham by Wright-Phillips.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 12-10-2004 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:50 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
He has admitted as much in today's currant bun.
Shouldn't this warrant a long period of suspension
for bringing the game and England into disrepute
plus immediate demotion as captain?
When the England skipper admits he deliberately
went out of his way to foul an international
opponent in such a way as to get himself sus-
pended for the next game, which he knew he
was going to miss anyway through injury, what
kind of leadership is that giving to his team-
mates, to Britain's youngsters and to the foot-
balling public as a whole - it is pure cynicism.
The only Brownie point Beckham gains from all
of this is that he has at least told the truth!
completely agree!! people were joking after the game that it was convenient he won't make the 6 hr journey to baku, but it seems it was all part of his master plan. idiot! i'd make Sol or Rio captain, but thats just my opinion
Old 12-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Great goal, however, you do have to question a captains mentality if he deliberately makes a bad challenge just to get a booking so that he can miss the next game. It's a team game, and the is no 'I' in team.

His challenge may have got him sent off, instead of a yellow card, how would that have looked if the Welsh had pulled two goals back. (not saying that was likely)

I think that Beckham is losing it, he has been off form for the last three years, ever since that game against Greece, his marriage is on the rocks, maybe the captaincy should be given to someone else. He certainly isn't leading by example.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Deliberately getting booked was a smart move.

Admitting it and saying that he was being clever to do it is very dumb, as he will probably find out when an additional ban is imposed.

Last edited by Smurph; 13-10-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
He is a disgrace. He shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt again until he apologises for his behaviour in public on camera.

He has let us down time and time again, and obviously thinks that his pathetic tabloid existence as one half of 'the posh and becks show' is more important than playing his country.

Let's move on and leave this usless tosser behind once and for all.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:14 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Harsh Howard. I would certainly reassign the captaincy though. Sol Campbell for me - Mr Reliable.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Smurph
Admitting it and saying that he was being clever to do it is very dumb, as he will probably find out when an additional ban is imposed.
Yeah I loved this bit: "I'm sure some people think that I have not got the brains to be that clever. But I do have the brains." I don't think so, pal.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
Everything Beckham does or says Is jumped on and blown up Into something big. It's so boring now.

Just leave the guy alone. If It was Frank Lampard no-one would give a flying f**k.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
David Beckham has admitted deliberately getting booked against Wales in order to get his suspension out of the way.

England's captain, who was a yellow card away from a one-game ban, said he knew he had broken ribs in an earlier tackle and would be out for a month.

"It was deliberate," he told The Daily Telegraph. "I knew I will be out for a few weeks, so I thought 'Let's get the yellow card out of the way'.
Fifa said it would take no action until it received an official complaint.
A Fifa spokesman said it did not comment on reported statements in the media, and would have to be informed formally, such as from an association, to look into the matter.

Beckham added: "I'm sure some people think that I have not got the brains to be that clever.

"But I do have the brains. I could feel the injury. So I fouled (Ben) Thatcher."

It was in a clash with Thatcher that Beckham broke his ribs, and he earned the booking for a retaliatory challenge on the Wales left-back.
The Real Madrid midfielder was unhappy at the widespread criticism over his spat with Manchester City defender Thatcher.
He believed it took the shine off his part in Saturday's 2-0 win at Old Trafford, in which he scored a spectacular long-range goal.

"It's frustrating," he said. "Saturday was a positive game for me, and I scored one of my best goals ever.

"But some of the headlines were 'Great goal but yellow card again'. People pick up on the negatives and that's sad. Some people have other agendas.

"I'm sorry I am not going to Azerbaijan... I wished the [England] players luck - it's a tough place to go. But we have the team to do well there."

He added that he would not be attempting too swift a return from his latest injury, especially after his experiences at Manchester United where he suffered the same injury.

"There is no treatment. I can't go running or training because it hurts too much," he said.

"The last time I broke my ribs, (United manager) Alex Ferguson put me on a bike after two weeks and I couldn't do it. I couldn't breathe. There is nothing you can do apart from rest.

"I heard Madrid want me training by Wednesday but that is not possible.
"I will be out for four to five weeks. I just want to get back playing, to get Real back up the table.

"I would love to play in England's friendly against Spain but I will struggle to make it."

Beckham's place in England's starting line-up in Azerbaijan is expected to go to Owen Hargreaves, with striker Michael Owen set to captain the side.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 13-10-2004, 01:30 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
he is not the 1st player im sureto deliberately pick up a yellow card , and he definately wont be the last , very very stupid to admit it though . he really should have learned to let his football do the talking
Old 13-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Good Morning

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hugosabin
Quote:
Originally posted by B the Bad

the player who plays on the side of the pitch is actually playing on the WING, therefore is deemed a WINGer.

Ridiculous justification. By that you imply fullbacks are wingers! Good logic.

Duff, Giggs, C Ronaldo, Wright Philips are wingers. Is Beckham the same player as them?
Clearly not, therefor Beckham is not a winger but a wide midfielder. Simple as that.
Great goal !

Bullsh1t. Wide Midfielder, whatever, you still play on the wing (and spend most of your time in attacking positions). What is the fine line between a "Wide Midfielder" and a winger then? One stands at the side of the pitch and doesn't move forward whilst the Giggs types run fully down the wing? ha ha. What utter Horsesh1t and a boring naive opinion. Full Backs spend most of the game in their own half, the odd occasion that they do get forward down the wing, they are contributing in Wing play, they still start the game in the R/ L Back position (and spend most of the time doing their main duties there). As do Wingers start the game in R/L Midfield position, the way in which they play doesn't change what their position is and the duties they have been given (Beckham, told to cross the ball in etc). By your "logic", Ryan Giggs is still just a Midfield Left, whether he gets to the Bye-line or not. Winger, Side Midfielder, same bloody duties, same bloody thing.