Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 12-05-2019, 07:24 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Just picking out a couple of names in the large Palace team photo above, standing between the last goalkeeper (John Connelly) and John Edwardson is my wife’s cousin, Ron Harland, who appeared in the Palace Youth side that reached the FA Youth Cup Semi Final in 1968 - the furthest they had got in the competition up to then.

Also in the photo is David Yorath, a brother of Leeds and Wales legend Terry and uncle of TV presenter Gabby Logan.

Also, I’m wondering if anyone knows if Andy Fillery is related to Micky Fillery of Chelsea, who was born in Mitcham?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony 1947 View Post
Please see attached 1967-68 picture with players and officials for some reason in the 'white' kit. I know it is that season for it includes Johnny Byrne, Eddie Presland and others who were signed in 1967. I still think the two players are Fillery seated third from left at the front, and Edwardson second from the right third row down. As before I stand to be corrected!
I stand corrected Tony, I believe you are correct sir.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:13 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Please see attached 1967-68 picture with players and officials for some reason in the 'white' kit. I know it is that season for it includes Johnny Byrne, Eddie Presland and others who were signed in 1967. I still think the two players are Fillery seated third from left at the front, and Edwardson second from the right third row down. As before I stand to be corrected!
I wonder where John Jackson was that day?
Old 14-05-2019, 12:30 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I see two of the goalkeepers were called Parsons. I remember Frank, so I assume the other Parsons was his brother?
Old 14-05-2019, 01:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
I see two of the goalkeepers were called Parsons. I remember Frank, so I assume the other Parsons was his brother?
Mentions them in this thread:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I vaguely remember Geoff may have played a few times for Bromley.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:15 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have found a picture of John Edwardson who joined the club in 1966. He was not a junior signed from Bethesda was born in 1944, played one game on loan for Crewe Alex 1968 and left us the end of the season for I think to Bangor. I leave it to you if you think the second player is him. It seems doubtful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg John Edwardson.jpg (1.21 MB, 27 views)
Old 14-05-2019, 09:54 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Mentions them in this thread:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I vaguely remember Geoff may have played a few times for Bromley.
The Parsons used to live in Highclere Street in Sydenham. Knew Geoff who was a bit of a scallywag.
Old 15-05-2019, 04:30 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks to everyone who threw their hats into the ring offering to name the two players in question especially Tony. Looking at the picture of John Edwardson I would agree with Tony that it is not him but having looked through numerous press cuttings from the period in my collection I am still unable to come up with a name.

Turning to Tony's suggestion that it is Andrew Fillery in the other photo, sad to report it is not him, have attached a photo of him from the same photocall as the mysterious two from pre season 1967/68 where the first team squad wore the claret and blue strip and the juniors or apprentices as they were called wore the all white shirts. It is now my belief that the two players were juniors/apprentices who never progressed and left at the end of the 1967/68 season, Fillery at least made the photocall the following season and is in the team group which included the directors.

Still working on the case though and should anybody else can come up with any suggestion, this would be appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABC47211.jpg (370.9 KB, 20 views)