Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

View Poll Results: When will Hughton get the sack?
After Burnley (H 9/2) 1 1.09%
After Leicester (A 26/2) 0 0%
After Huddersfield (H 2/3) 1 1.09%
After losing to arch rivals Palace (A 9/3) 13 14.13%
After Cardiff (H 16/3) 6 6.52%
After Southampton (A 30/3) 1 1.09%
They won't sack him regardless of their shit form 70 76.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-05-2019, 08:08 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Poaching other team's managers...........The right way.
Old 14-05-2019, 08:59 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sider View Post
Nah. He's just French.

But he would run on bloody stumps for you.
Is that why he keeps falling over ?
Old 15-05-2019, 05:26 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Steve McLaren is available.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:00 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
It seems that hughton didn’t have a say in the recruitment of players but got the bullet when it turned out they were shithouse . Very classy that and not what dignified Chris deserved .
Old 15-05-2019, 06:28 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Is that why he keeps falling over ?
Old 15-05-2019, 08:59 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Houghton was, and still is highly respected by most BHA fans, including me. So I was genuinely shocked but not totally surprised by the decision to let him go. It was a football chairmans decision, final. Ruthless, but that is football. Ever since we shipped 4 to Fulham after leading 2-0, the squad has been underperforming at all levels. Discontent in the constant 'bus' training regime alienated some players (apparently) and this showed on the pitch. Last season we had twice the threat up front, this season nothing. When we (periodically) got the ball over the half way line, pure confusion reigned. We just could not string any kind of attack together. This was Houghton's downfall, tactics. That's the managers job, and he failed even to replicate our 'stonewall' defence this season making fortress Amex a freebie for visiting teams.

As for all the hoo-ha and indignation from righteous football pundits/fans about the 'appalling treatment' of CH, the same voices have been banging on about BHA 'anti-football', smash and grab, park the bus, game killing...........etc, since Christmas. We were a meme FFS.

We are still in the PL because you didn't turn up for our games, and then you stopped Cardiff from dumping us out. He didn't keep us up, you did.

I wish CH all the best. I'm sure he will be welcomed by any decent team in the Championship, and probably a fair few in the PL too. And I sincerely hope we see him leading another team out at the Amex soon, so we can pay him the respect that we were not able to on Sunday.
I will say this, i can feel your passion and feelings towards the club simply by your response. The point i was making was sometimes a clubs Board and its Fans expectations need to get realistic as in the case of Brighton who admittedly struggled towards the end of the season hence the pressure on Hughton being the main culprit, but is that the real reasons? instead should the players not be holding up their hands as being the main reasons for the slump, also are Brighton any better than a club no better than around 15th. As an outsider looking on, my opinion is the club have lost a very honest and good manager who in his time at the club had done a very good job other than as i said their recent slump, but fans and the Board should be taking a much more realistic view of what the clubs ambitions should be after what is it just 3 season in the very competitive premiership?
Taking my team CPFC as an example after Six seasons in the premiership and with a far better squad, yet we have struggled to establish a Top Ten position shows how competitive this division is and nothing should be taken for granted. I have a feeling with the appointment of Ashworth, the owner Bloom has put far too much faith in him turning it around rather than believing the more experienced Hughton, but that is the modern way and current fad in football and only time will tell if the decision of Mr Bloom is proved correct.
As an aside, What is your view on trying to get the inexperienced guy from Swansea as manager? it maybe that he will get you playing a more exciting brand of football initially as Wagner did, but we all know the eventual fate of Huddersfield when possibly an experienced head may have helped understand what is needed to survive in the premership.

P.S
I am glad you stayed up as we have a small matter to sort out in getting our respect back next season following our disgraceful performances against Brighton which still hurts when i remember it, but as you said it did help to keep your team up.
Old 15-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Houghton was, and still is highly respected by most BHA fans, including me. So I was genuinely shocked but not totally surprised by the decision to let him go. It was a football chairmans decision, final. Ruthless, but that is football. Ever since we shipped 4 to Fulham after leading 2-0, the squad has been underperforming at all levels. Discontent in the constant 'bus' training regime alienated some players (apparently) and this showed on the pitch. Last season we had twice the threat up front, this season nothing. When we (periodically) got the ball over the half way line, pure confusion reigned. We just could not string any kind of attack together. This was Houghton's downfall, tactics. That's the managers job, and he failed even to replicate our 'stonewall' defence this season making fortress Amex a freebie for visiting teams.

As for all the hoo-ha and indignation from righteous football pundits/fans about the 'appalling treatment' of CH, the same voices have been banging on about BHA 'anti-football', smash and grab, park the bus, game killing...........etc, since Christmas. We were a meme FFS.

We are still in the PL because you didn't turn up for our games, and then you stopped Cardiff from dumping us out. He didn't keep us up, you did.

I wish CH all the best. I'm sure he will be welcomed by any decent team in the Championship, and probably a fair few in the PL too. And I sincerely hope we see him leading another team out at the Amex soon, so we can pay him the respect that we were not able to on Sunday.

Have you paid your bet up yet?
Old 15-05-2019, 11:37 AM

C-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I will say this, i can feel your passion and feelings towards the club simply by your response. The point i was making was sometimes a clubs Board and its Fans expectations need to get realistic as in the case of Brighton who admittedly struggled towards the end of the season hence the pressure on Hughton being the main culprit, but is that the real reasons? instead should the players not be holding up their hands as being the main reasons for the slump, also are Brighton any better than a club no better than around 15th. As an outsider looking on, my opinion is the club have lost a very honest and good manager who in his time at the club had done a very good job other than as i said their recent slump, but fans and the Board should be taking a much more realistic view of what the clubs ambitions should be after what is it just 3 season in the very competitive premiership?
Taking my team CPFC as an example after Six seasons in the premiership and with a far better squad, yet we have struggled to establish a Top Ten position shows how competitive this division is and nothing should be taken for granted. I have a feeling with the appointment of Ashworth, the owner Bloom has put far too much faith in him turning it around rather than believing the more experienced Hughton, but that is the modern way and current fad in football and only time will tell if the decision of Mr Bloom is proved correct.
As an aside, What is your view on trying to get the inexperienced guy from Swansea as manager? it maybe that he will get you playing a more exciting brand of football initially as Wagner did, but we all know the eventual fate of Huddersfield when possibly an experienced head may have helped understand what is needed to survive in the premership.

P.S
I am glad you stayed up as we have a small matter to sort out in getting our respect back next season following our disgraceful performances against Brighton which still hurts when i remember it, but as you said it did help to keep your team up.
Fair post LJ.

Potter was approached by Celtic in April so although I only know what I read about the guy, (and he has done well at Swansea with a fractured squad), i'm assuming he is a genuine talent. But yes, it is a gamble and as you say only time will tell. What stands out for me is his work with bringing youngsters into the team, maybe more through necessity than anything else, but he has done a credible job with them. Plus he is seen as the perfect fit for our new man Dan Ashworth.
I also get the feeling that a more experienced manager would be very difficult to get, apart from the usual suspect, so someone younger may be more suited to the "Brighton way" and fit in with the club mentality as we adjust to the dizzy heights of the PL. If we get some get some quality in and shift some dead wood over the summer I will happy to see any competent manager come in TBH.

And yes, we resume hostilities next season, happy days.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:42 AM

C-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineC-Sider : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Have you paid your bet up yet?
Not yet. 13 points, fiver a point = £65.

Just post/message me a link to where you want the donation to go. And well done.
Old 15-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not yet. 13 points, fiver a point = £65.

Just post/message me a link to where you want the donation to go. And well done.

Fair play.

Wanker.
Old 15-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Eagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fair post LJ.

Potter was approached by Celtic in April so although I only know what I read about the guy, (and he has done well at Swansea with a fractured squad), i'm assuming he is a genuine talent. But yes, it is a gamble and as you say only time will tell. What stands out for me is his work with bringing youngsters into the team, maybe more through necessity than anything else, but he has done a credible job with them. Plus he is seen as the perfect fit for our new man Dan Ashworth.
I also get the feeling that a more experienced manager would be very difficult to get, apart from the usual suspect, so someone younger may be more suited to the "Brighton way" and fit in with the club mentality as we adjust to the dizzy heights of the PL. If we get some get some quality in and shift some dead wood over the summer I will happy to see any competent manager come in TBH.

And yes, we resume hostilities next season, happy days.
What is the 'Brighton Way'

Never was a truer word spoken !
Old 15-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinsussex View Post
The right way of course.

Does sum the poster and their fans up when they think they have 'a way' doesn't it, dimwits like the West Ham Muppets.
Old 15-05-2019, 04:07 PM

Isnít it refreshing that the only weed to front up has suddenly found some humbleness and sincerity.
Old 15-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nah. He's just French.

So if it is not Knockaert who are the "toxic" players at your club? I'll go first - that Aussie keeper?
Old 15-05-2019, 05:01 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
So if it is not Knockaert who are the "toxic" players at your club? I'll go first - that Aussie keeper?
I bet I know who Easy 10 thinks they are
Old 15-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nah. He's just French.

Oh yeah? Whose? Dirty, cheating tw@t.
Old 15-05-2019, 06:49 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinsussex View Post
Old 15-05-2019, 07:58 PM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Old 15-05-2019, 08:05 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Troy Townsend (Andros's Dad) not covering himself in glory here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure what Troy's credentials are, but usually seems pretty level headed (like his son), but think he got this one wrong, and his organization appear to agree.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Troy Townsend (Andros's Dad) not covering himself in glory here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure what Troy's credentials are, but usually seems pretty level headed (like his son), but think he got this one wrong, and his organization appear to agree.
Seems more likely that they have apologised to head off the threat of legal action. They wouldn't have made that statement unless they felt they had to.