Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-05-2019, 09:23 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Checking Livescore every day just to find a game to stream, thank God for the playoffs at the moment.

It is funny how much football takes over different parts of life, most of my podcasts on my commute are all football related, most evenings end up watching games. I might finally start watching Game of Thrones
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 15-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Football generally I will miss. Playing has ceased for me but my son plays both days at the weekend. So there is a big gap. Quite interested in the women's WC but mainly the cricket will fill the void.

Cant wait till fixtures are out though!!!
Old 15-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The end of the season for me means I get a couple of months when I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock in the middle of the night to watch the game live on a tablet. This is a good thing.
Old 15-05-2019, 09:51 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm always ok with the season ending. Gives me a chance to do other things, I love watching pro-cycling and the summer is a great time for that. Come back in August ever hopeful of a great season.
Old 15-05-2019, 12:32 PM

Bresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS MurrayBresslaw Nation FFS Murray
Given how tedious it was watching Palace (at home) this year, I was more gutted when University Challenge and Only Connect finished
Old 15-05-2019, 12:32 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
delighted i don't have to go back to Selhurst till August
Old 15-05-2019, 01:46 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Not at all. Glad it's over and can have a break from it all.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 15-05-2019, 02:02 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Unusual but a definite NO saw 18 home games and 5 away and sad to say bar maybe 5 games most were dross.

I hate saying because after 50 years as a season ticket holder I obviously love the club as do all of my season ticket holding family. However sometimes you just have to face reality and bar 5-6 games at home it was boring dross. It’s a shame my attendance couldn’t have been reversed because our away form was the absolute opposite. But that’s life here is hoping for something more entertaining at Selhurst next season
Old 15-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
And me, in my opinion Cricket is something that people who are no good at sport do.
So I take it you're no good at cricket then?!

Apparently my team will be playing against the Talksport presenters team over the summer. Oh for a few bouncers at the ginger one, but doubt he'll be playing.
Old 15-05-2019, 02:16 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
And me, in my opinion Cricket is something that people who are no good at sport do.
We're on a football forum FFS

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 15-05-2019, 02:20 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
It's more of a painful adjustment than a downer.

I tend to think my brain is a better place when it's not obsessing over who should play the next game or where we'll end up in the table. By the time the season comes around again it always feels a bit early to me - I'd rather wait 'til it starts getting dark and chilly again.

Having said that, the transfer speculation is a killer. If I had any self-discipline I'd totally ignore the rumours until a week before the deadline and then check once a day. As it stands I'll probably read every piece of nonsensical clickbait that mentions us.

Werner Herzog
Old 15-05-2019, 02:37 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Post season upper. Glad that average season and boring home form is over. Now looking forward to us actually signing some quality players in the transfer window to leverage Wilf’s talents, unlike summer 2018.

Last edited by glaziers fan; 15-05-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 15-05-2019, 02:51 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
At least there's tennis, the grass season in particular. I'm okay until the end of Wimbledon and then there is a month of waiting, normally with increasing anxiety ( this summer will be hellish on that front, IMHO ) as to the potential comings and goings. I'm just glad we won't have to start the new season with the uncertainty of the potential transfer dealings still hanging over us and watch other clubs strengthened from the first match while we are waiting until the 3/4 game to fill out the squad.

And I hate the frigging heat.
Old 15-05-2019, 02:51 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quite happy the season over and we finished strongly. Not so happy the weed stayed up, insufferable tossers can't believe their luck where I am . Looking forward to a family wedding, some fishing and the odd cricket match with my 5 weeks off which started Monday. I'll probably watch the women's footy too if the missus let's me.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 15-05-2019, 03:22 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I’m delighted. One less big thing to worry about when I need to be focused on exams and submitting work. I remain convinced that pre 2016 cup final stress, and post final depression negatively affected my GCSE revision.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:25 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
I used to really miss football in the summer during my younger days but nowadays there's so much you can do to fill your time*, I always look forward to the break. Especially from the hysteria and hyperbole of PL coverage and if there's a tournament to look forward to, as those excite me more far more than league campaigns.

This season specifically, after a draining campaign at Selhurst, I'm looking forward to not having to make that pilgrimage for a few weeks.

*and by that, I do of course mean TV you can watch.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:55 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I’m delighted. One less big thing to worry about when I need to be focused on exams and submitting work. I remain convinced that pre 2016 cup final stress, and post final depression negatively affected my GCSE revision.
know the feeling
Old 15-05-2019, 06:19 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm bored already... Might give BollockyBill a tinkle see if he fancies a pint. Smashing bloke.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe after it comes home in June.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
I'm bored already... Might give BollockyBill a tinkle see if he fancies a pint. Smashing bloke.

Why don't you both go to the beer festival? Just don't try and take my seat.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk