Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know what odds we are to stay up? Ideally i'd like one of those handicap bets that give you more money the higher up the league that the side finishes.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Not sure they were my words frisket but anyhoo, i'd argue that zaha, kelly, macarthur, hangeland, f. campbell are all very good players and better than those they replaced. Fryers I don't know much about but comes highly rated. They join a side that finished 11th last season after a sht first 10 matches.

Time will tell but I think you will have egg on your face on this one by first criticising the chairman and then the new manager and then the transfer window. You have to understand the sort of position pukis left us in. I'm gutted about murray leaving but thats it. Parish needs a medal for his efforts in the last 18 days, not mindless criticism.
I think we messed up with Pulis yes. I also think the manager isn't the best in the world tactically but I do like him. I also think we messed up this window. I've said loads of times I don't know why Parish says stuff like we have the biggest budget in our history etc and then this happens. He doesn't help himself IMO. Just say we're living in our means and we have a stadium to build and he wouldn't get half the complaints that he does.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
I think our position last season has skewed our perception of where we are as a club. There was no separating the bottom 12 for most of last season. The tactics Pulis employed weren't helping a great deal until that 5 game winning run took us clear. Pulis set us up to not concede and be prepared to take what came our way and that happened to be an own goal by Terry. Before that win we'd lost 3 and drawn 2 of the last 5 games but that win transformed our confidence. Our next two games? Cardiff and Villa. 9 points changed the season. Lucky those games against Liverpool and Man City we're at the end rather than in this 5 game run.

The point is, we stayed up through luck, hard work and team spirit. If we stay up again that's how we'll do it and we can't buy any of these things for 10 million. But we can make Selhurst very unwelcome for our relegation rivals and it might be our home games against these teams that decide it.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyone know what odds we are to stay up? Ideally i'd like one of those handicap bets that give you more money the higher up the league that the side finishes.
Awful odds - ie you wont make much money on the basic "to stay up":

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Well at least we didn't make the same mistake as last year and just bring in numbers rather than quality. Having said that we are again left until the January window to rectify weaknesses in the team. The Pulis / new manager fiasco is partly to blame but 'How can we strengthen the team?' should be top of the agenda at any board / manager meeting.

We can see the weaknesses so presumably they can as well.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 02-09-2014, 08:21 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
I think we messed up with Pulis yes. I also think the manager isn't the best in the world tactically but I do like him. I also think we messed up this window. I've said loads of times I don't know why Parish says stuff like we have the biggest budget in our history etc and then this happens. He doesn't help himself IMO. Just say we're living in our means and we have a stadium to build and he wouldn't get half the complaints that he does.
Have we not spent more this window than in any other in our history?

Always difficult to know what the exact figures are however looks like we have spent a fair amount on a small number of players.

There was also a bid rejected late last night for a player, was it 1m or 8m? We don't know who we missed out on. That money is now available in January where as it would not be if you had your spend spend spend wish.

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I think we are without any doubt in the bottom three on paper. We were last year though. It would have been nice to have gone into this season feeling like that wasn't the case. However i suspect we all knew in our heart of hearts it wouldn't be long before we were battling against the odds again.

We may be marginally stronger than last season. However I still think all other teams have had a more positive pre season/window than we have.

Oh well, it is what it is now. Time for Warnock to try his best and for us all to get behind what we have.
Yeah I knew we would be in this position I just we were more 'honest' with our intentions. I don't think we should say significant budget and all that. Just say we'll live within our means, I'm more than happy to do that. As for the squad:

Hangeland/Fryers/Kelly
Gabiddon/Parr/ Moxey

Not much stronger to be honest. Plus two of the new guys could break down at any time. Fryers is key, if he is good then we've done well.

McArthur/Zaha
KG/Ince

I think we're stronger here. A lot of people rate Ince above Zaha though (Kevin Phillips included).

Campbell/Doyle
Jerome/Murray

I think we're weaker here and if we're paying Doyle's 40,000 wages then I can't really understand why.

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Well at least we didn't make the same mistake as last year and just bring in numbers rather than quality. Having said that we are again left until the January window to rectify weaknesses in the team. The Pulis / new manager fiasco is partly to blame but 'How can we strengthen the team?' should be top of the agenda at any board / manager meeting.

We can see the weaknesses so presumably they can as well.
So where are the weaknesses?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
So where are the weaknesses?
Er, obviously up front. Weaker set of strikers than last season. And at LB.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
think we're weaker here and if we're paying Doyle's 40,000 wages then I can't really understand why.
As has been said so many times by so many people since last night.

Its so Murray could get some games and continue his coomeback from a bad injury, and the Palace management didn't think he would get them with us.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Have we not spent more this window than in any other in our history?

Always difficult to know what the exact figures are however looks like we have spent a fair amount on a small number of players.

There was also a bid rejected late last night for a player, was it 1m or 8m? We don't know who we missed out on. That money is now available in January where as it would not be if you had your spend spend spend wish.
I think we spent more in the summer window this time last year.

As for the last part you're talking rubbish I'm afraid. I even said we shouldn't spend anything this window once Pulis went as it would be rushed and ill thought out. I just wish we would have said that instead of stating ambitions that were never going to be hit. Once we started spending money then I think it's fair to comment. The Doyle/Murray switch is one of the most bizarre transfers I have ever come across.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
As has been said so many times by so many people since last night.

Its so Murray could get some games and continue his coomeback from a bad injury, and the Palace management didn't think he would get them with us.
Buy why get Doyle in on (possibly) big money?

If the 4th/5th choice striker is never going to play why bother?

Also Murray has said the move is with a view to a permanent transfer so I don't know where you get this 'needs games' rubbish from.

Edit - that Murray tweet could be fake but I don't see him coming back.

Last edited by Friskey; 02-09-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Cameron Jerome, Aaron Wilbrham and Glenn Murray have left us.

Last season combined:
Played: 24 (22)
Scored: 3

Campbell last year:
Played: 32 (5)
Scored: 6

Last season we played Ward at LB as Pulis did not want to play Parr or Moxey. So at the very leaset we are the same as last year and if Fryers comes in we are therefore stronger.

I therefore disagree with both your comments. Of course we could be stronger in both areas but to suggest we are weaker than last year is fantasy!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
I think SP was on radio 5 reference transfers last night has NW been interviewed yet ?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Can't agree with that.

Chamakh is the same.
Campbell is better than Jerome (despite the baseless negativity on here).
Gayle 2014 is better than Gayle 2013.
Doyle is worse than Murray, but Murray didn't contribute much last year.

And we've got Zaha as an intriguing option.

We are better off. Not necessarily by much, and it was an area that clearly needed strengthening properly, but to say we've got worse is a real overstatement.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Buy why get Doyle in on (possibly) big money?

If the 4th/5th choice striker is never going to play why bother?

Also Murray has said the move is with a view to a permanent transfer so I don't know where you get this 'needs games' rubbish from.
Rubbish? From Steve Parish's live interview where he explained the situation very clearly.

As for why bother - that is possibly a better question. Murray was going, because Palace wanted him to get games - that was the starting point. So to replace or not to replace? As it is only for 4 months our options for replacement would have been very thin so the question is Doyle or no Doyle and Wanock clearly wanted the extra option. Him being here is going to cost well under 1m even if we are funding his whole wages and Reading will be offsetting some of that by taking on Glenns wages as well. Its not going to be huge money in teh terms of our budgets.

As for the view to permanent, well i am sure that is a possibility and only fair Reading will get first option. If he is on fire i have no doubt he will return to Palace, if he does ok then Reading will sign him and if he struggles then they will send him back. Works out for everyone and we go shopping again in January if needed.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Banned by Moderators

Ali77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guess whose back back again 77's back tell a friend.......

James mcarthur - outstanding buy.
Fryers- young look forward to seeing him.

Doyle- why didn't my sources tip me off. Would have seemed more ridiculous than buckley.
Will get behind him in the rednblue, gutted about murray.

Genuine apologies to anyone I annoyed yesterday I guess I was always going to get a bit carried away on transfer deadline day......

Onwards and upwards now. I am more dissapointed we didn't buy a centre back than the doyle debacle. Feel people haven't even given frazier Campbell a chance but then I guess same can be said for hangalaand. Zaha and mcarthur two real quality additions though.

P.s. We f@@@@@ hate sky sports..... we f@@@@@@ hate sky sports.....
Old 02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shame you couldn't be made permanent

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali77 View Post
Guess whose back back again 77's back tell a friend.......

James mcarthur - outstanding buy.
Fryers- young look forward to seeing him.

Doyle- why didn't my sources tip me off. Would have seemed more ridiculous than buckley.
Will get behind him in the rednblue, gutted about murray.

Genuine apologies to anyone I annoyed yesterday I guess I was always going to get a bit carried away on transfer deadline day......

Onwards and upwards now. I am more dissapointed we didn't buy a centre back than the doyle debacle. Feel people haven't even given frazier Campbell a chance but then I guess same can be said for hangalaand. Zaha and mcarthur two real quality additions though.

P.s. We f@@@@@ hate sky sports..... we f@@@@@@ hate sky sports.....
How has this bloke been unbanned?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Ali77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Shame you couldn't be made permanent
Don't pretend you didn't miss me.