Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 30-01-2017, 09:34 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started running again today, 3.5km (no distance at all), the aim is to build this up to about 7km and do it 3 or 4 times a week, mainly to lose some weight

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 30-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've run almost 30km this month - definitely the most ever in my life
Old 30-01-2017, 01:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I've run almost 30km this month - definitely the most ever in my life
Nice one. Build gradually.

It's crazy what you think you can do, and what you are capable of as you progress. I hit 304km over the weekend, and counting. Will do a little run tomorrow. Today is a my day of rest!
Old 30-01-2017, 01:12 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I got a train to Dorking at the weekend. And then ran home along the North Downs Way. Absolutely awesome trail, right on my door step.. It's great to run segments off too.... rather all in one go.
Old 30-01-2017, 05:19 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I got a train to Dorking at the weekend. And then ran home along the North Downs Way. Absolutely awesome trail, right on my door step.. It's great to run segments off too.... rather all in one go.
Sounds brilliant. What distance did you run?
Old 30-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Sounds brilliant. What distance did you run?
I did 20.5 miles, but I know the Phone lost GPS *on top*!? of Merstham Hill, and missed some of the lanes and picked back up a few K further on. It shows a straight line point to point to make up for the bit it missed, rather than following the trail..

Stunning views, just a shame it wasn't clear early on... as we were on Box Hill at dawn..
Old 30-01-2017, 05:37 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I did 20.5 miles, but I know the Phone lost GPS *on top*!? of Merstham Hill, and missed some of the lanes and picked back up a few K further on. It shows a straight line point to point to make up for the bit it missed, rather than following the trail..

Stunning views, just a shame it wasn't clear early on... as we were on Box Hill at dawn..

Very well done!
Old 30-01-2017, 06:26 PM

You can do shorter sections. Like box hill to Merstham. Approx 11miles. Or Merstham to Caterham. Approx 7miles. All have decent train links.
Old 30-01-2017, 09:17 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
27.33 for 5k today and beat my running mate for the first time. 3 years ago he was running 26 mins and I was running 33mins
Old 30-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Just too hot here to run outside at the moment. So the treadmill will have to do. Up to 8km in 50 minutes yesterday. Aiming to get to 10k in an hour before I get back to the UK in March when I can move onto the road for a bit.

Averaging 30k a week for the last few weeks without my knees going which is good.
Old 30-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Just too hot here to run outside at the moment. So the treadmill will have to do. Up to 8km in 50 minutes yesterday. Aiming to get to 10k in an hour before I get back to the UK in March when I can move onto the road for a bit.

Averaging 30k a week for the last few weeks without my knees going which is good.
You doing my route, down to sea front then right over wobbly bridge and back? Or are you running to the marina?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So Ron Hill took a rest day earlier this week after experiencing some chest pain - ending his running streak of 52 years and 39 days.

Lazy!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Struggling with the marathon training, keep getting little niggles that stop me running for a few days and running through the pain barrier makes it worse.

Ran 7miles last night in 1:10 which was ok considering weather conditions, but is the furtherst I have run so far, so need to start getting the miles in asap before the big day (9 April!)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:17 PM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Struggling with the marathon training, keep getting little niggles that stop me running for a few days and running through the pain barrier makes it worse.

Ran 7miles last night in 1:10 which was ok considering weather conditions, but is the furtherst I have run so far, so need to start getting the miles in asap before the big day (9 April!)
Spread your runs out over the week more if you're not running regularly. If you're running ~20 miles in a week but doing it over 3 days, do that distance over 4 or 5 days instead.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Cheers. Worried about how I am going to get up to the 26. I am generally fairly fit and if I push it have done sub 55 10ks but trying to get a steadier running pace in the aim to last the marathon
Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone else doing the Winter Run on Sunday?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
So Ron Hill took a rest day earlier this week after experiencing some chest pain - ending his running streak of 52 years and 39 days.

Lazy!
Exactly! I've got a ways to go to catch him. Presently at 248 days. Had a record month for mileage in January, 111 miles. Surprised myself, helped by the balmy winter weather here in Florida.
I came and set fire to your shed

Last edited by bert head is god; 02-02-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Chaps I'm trying to shed a bit of weight.

Have done a stone but I have another to go. Unfortunately running isn't an option due to osteo arthritis in my left knee.....

Today I walked eight miles in my old Adidas Sambas in two hours. Consequently I have blistered feet.

Can anybody reccomend a good quality pair of trainers suitable for walking distances, and also training in the gym.......it's been a few years!

Cross trainers or running shoes .....I defer to your wisdom.

Cricket wanker.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:16 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
If you have knees like that you are going to need something that has cushioning such as the asic gel range - replace after 500 miles - I'd have one pair for gym and one for outside
Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Try some shoes on and find out what you feel most comfortable in. Some people find running shoes more comfortable.

Also look at your socks, another thing that can solve blisters.