Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 17-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
I haven't paid for years, they have never come knocking.
We need more people like this.

Cricket wanker.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:03 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I can name more than 9 but only 1 needs naming.

Mrs Brown's Boys.
Is s**t, but my In Laws love it. They pay their licence fee.

this is why the BBC is great. Its full of s**t other people like, but also some stuff I really like. Sky is f**king awful.

I suspect you'd see more 'Mrs Browns Boys' in a privitised service, not less.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:03 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
I prefer being the 'bastard child' of the Premier League. I don't want them fawning over Palace the way the do Man Utd or other big teams. I like being the outsider, the Guerilla Football team.
Good point.

I now think Palace fans should pay double for the extra benefit we get.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:28 PM

steeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a breath of fresh air that 'Amazon Prime' was.

I actually saw a PL football match, wow. And it was us.

If only it comes on full time would be great, Prime is only 7.99 per month.

Its worth that not to hear MOTD and its editing out of any football content in favour of endless regurgitation of meaningless phrases and close to zero football.

'oh, he will be disappointed with that'.

Put Lineker and co to bed please.

MOTD makes the British voter look intelligent, its that crap.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

this is why the BBC is great. Its full of s**t other people like, but also some stuff I really like.
You can say that about ITV, C4 and C5 though, well maybe not C5.
Difference is, you're not under threat of imprisonment/huge fine for not paying to watch them.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
You can say that about ITV, C4 and C5 though, well maybe not C5.
Difference is, you're not under threat of imprisonment/huge fine for not paying to watch them.
Yes you are.

Whilst the licence fee helps fund the BBC, you need it if you watch those channels too.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:57 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Yes you are.

Whilst the licence fee helps fund the BBC, you need it if you watch those channels too.
Ok then, those channels won't persue you.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
"Each week, 92% of UK adults use BBC services2, from TV channels and BBC iPlayer to national and local radio stations, and entertainment, services and information online."
Old 17-12-2019, 01:31 PM

steeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
"Each week, 92% of UK adults use BBC services2, from TV channels and BBC iPlayer to national and local radio stations, and entertainment, services and information online."
All the more reason for breaking it up, to end their cradle to the grave brain-washing.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:38 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleye20 View Post
All the more reason for breaking it up, to end their cradle to the grave brain-washing.
Peppa Pig made me a left of centre. The bitch.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ok then, those channels won't persue you.
Neither does the BBC. The TV licence people do
Old 17-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This..............
Old 17-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
To split hairs even further, They won't use companies like Capita as BBC do to pursue people.
Old 17-12-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Peppa Pig made me a left of centre. The bitch.
'Greased piglet' Boris Johnson could pass deal, says David Cameron.

How appropriate.......
Old 17-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
I stand corrected, the BBC does via the TV licence people.
Old 17-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
'Greased piglet' Boris Johnson could pass deal, says David Cameron.

How appropriate.......
Out of interest in what fashion does the BBC brainwash people?

I appreciate I joked about Peppa Pig (I wish I was young enough to have enjoyed that).

Apart from wildlife/planet based programmes I am struggling to think of a single programme that has had any influence on the way I think?
Old 17-12-2019, 02:53 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lucky that Amazon is standing by.
Old 17-12-2019, 02:59 PM

if you turn on your TV and get a blank screen, this does not mean that your brain is not receiving information from said device.

It was a real concern, when television was introduced, that the population could be brainwashed in this way.

I think totally differently now to the days when a newspaper dropped through the letter-box every day, I realised that my mind was becoming conditioned to what I read at yoga classes and packed it up.

Probably one of the best things I ever did.

Does the media control our thoughts?

Yes I am afraid so.
Old 17-12-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Lucky that Amazon is standing by.
My guilt, at receiving stuff from Amazon while they make no contribution to the society that made them richer than some entire countries, is complete.
Old 17-12-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Out of interest in what fashion does the BBC brainwash people?

I appreciate I joked about Peppa Pig (I wish I was young enough to have enjoyed that).

Apart from wildlife/planet based programmes I am struggling to think of a single programme that has had any influence on the way I think?
Well firstly they don't. Brain washing is a hyper intensive process requiring isolation, psychological torture, threat, violence and breaking down the individual to the point of crisis then building them back up. It also only lasts a few weeks to months after return into society. Its so s**t even the Soviets under Stalin abandoned these kinds of programs. Threat and intimidation were more effective.

You can influence someone by exposure to information, the human mind is incapable of actually ignoring information, it has to deal with it in some manner. Which is how advertising generally works, its a subtle influencer, it can't make you buy something, but it makes you more prone to buy x instead of y (which is why Branding is very popular, as you can essentially sell identical products to people, at a higher price, because the psychological impact of the brand.

Problem with the BBC and 'brain washing' (actually they mean social conditioning), is that the BBC has a liberal bias, which means people are being 'influenced towards being reasoned and pragmatic towards problem resolution, rather than ideologically motivated'.

Basically this is a good thing. Unsuprisingly those who sit further to the left and right side of center, find that reasonable, pragmatic problem-resolvers are detrimental to their agenda, which relies on the idealisation of an essential truth. An irony maybe that the BBC is actually running counter to social conditioning that the left and right desire.