Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 22-01-2019, 10:58 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps probably too early to speculate but what happens to the 12 million Cardiff paid for him? Has this ever happened before a player dying once a deal has been concluded?
Old 22-01-2019, 11:02 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Having fallen from that height, and going at the speed you would be there would be little difference between water and concrete. You would need a massive disturbance of the water to have any chance at all.

Remember what a belly flop felt like and the is from poolside, as height, add speed, not a pretty picture. More likely to survive staying in the aircraft and surviving impact and getting out but that too would be unlikely and then you have the cold water.

Ah, okay. Would be interesting to see what would be the highest you could safely jump into water and survive. Not at that time of panic you would probably process this of course. Just found this....

Stone states that jumping from 150 feet (46 metres) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 metres) or more on water, is 95% to 98% fatal. 150 feet/46 metres, equates to roughly 10 to 15 stories in a building, depending on the height of one story.

Ironically, I only saw on social media yesterday a guy jumped off of a cruise ship at 110ft ‘for fun’ and sustained very few injuries.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Perhaps probably too early to speculate but what happens to the 12 million Cardiff paid for him? Has this ever happened before a player dying once a deal has been concluded?
I imagine if his registration has been lodged with the FA/UEFA then the buying club would be obligated to pay up. Although you would like to think the buying/selling clubs would come up with some sort of arrangement.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:04 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
A few years ago I flew in a helicopter from Redhill across London as a big birthday present. It was a lovely Summer's day. I was with 5 other passengers. There was a pilot and his assistant sitting next to him. It was enjoyable.

However I thought about it afterwards and although I had no anxieties before I went up, it did dawn on me how fragile it all seemed. It really was like being in a people carrier with wings. Now I wouldn't have any anxieties about being in a vehicle on the M25 but it's the natural aspect of terra firma.

I wouldn't go in a helicopter again or light aircraft.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:05 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
I imagine if his registration has been lodged with the FA/UEFA then the buying club would be obligated to pay up. Although you would like to think the buying/selling clubs would come up with some sort of arrangement.
i know diddly-squat about contracts, but it would be very remiss to not have insurance cover for this sort of event.

Very sad news, at this stage
Old 22-01-2019, 11:07 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very very sad if that is the case, lets hope somehow it turns out a happy ending if that is possible.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Ah, okay. Would be interesting to see what would be the highest you could safely jump into water and survive. Not at that time of panic you would probably process this of course. Just found this....

Stone states that jumping from 150 feet (46 metres) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 metres) or more on water, is 95% to 98% fatal. 150 feet/46 metres, equates to roughly 10 to 15 stories in a building, depending on the height of one story.]
Have they factored in travelling at a couple of hundred miles an hours?!
Old 22-01-2019, 11:11 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
This from the chief exec of Channel Islands air search:

Quote:
I am sure something will be found eventually. The plane was flying at 2,000ft when it dropped off the radar so it could have flown for about five or six miles before touching down.

But whether it was a controlled ditching or if it dived in, we just do not know. If it was a controlled ditching, you would expect to find a life-raft but if it was uncontrolled I expect an oil slick and wreckage may be found.”

Werner Herzog
Old 22-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Awful. Just awful.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:15 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post

Stone states that jumping from 150 feet (46 metres) or higher on land, and 250 feet (76 metres) or more on water, is 95% to 98% fatal. 150 feet/46 metres, equates to roughly 10 to 15 stories in a building, depending on the height of one story.

Ironically, I only saw on social media yesterday a guy jumped off of a cruise ship at 110ft ‘for fun’ and sustained very few injuries.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The cruise ship would be disturbing the water around the boat so the impact of the water would be much reduced.

When practising, indoor divers will have bubbles coming up and other water disturbance aids to reduce the issues of impact when it goes wrong.

Sala's only chance of surviving if the plane was going down IMO, is if it was able to almost glide onto the water and survive impact. As has already been mentioned the coldness of the water would then be the factor and that does not look good now that no one was found last night.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:18 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Why?

Nantes sold him, had they not he would still be their player. They will want any payment in full that they had agreed to. The question is whether Cardiff had insured him and whether they will be able to claim the money back on that insurance.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:20 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Terrible event
Old 22-01-2019, 11:21 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Jesus Christ this has made me sick to the stomach. Hasn’t football had enough tragedy recently? Poor poor kid. Absolutely terrible heart wrenching news.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think Mr Soure was the author of his own misfortune was he not ?
No, don't think he was. I think that was the hypothesis at the outset, due to him being the sort of **** who likes to Instagram whilst driving, but don't think he was in this instance.

I thought it was simply that the car in the inside lane pulled straight out on him.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:28 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
You would have thought there would be insurance, especially with such huge amounts of money involved

You would have also thought rules and regulations of the deal would involve no risky activities, freezing overnight flights on small light aircraft is surely an unnecessary risk

All hindsight I know, but it’s a very sad story for such a young player.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:29 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think Mr Soure was the author of his own misfortune was he not ?
Yep, then entered a Voluntary Insolvency Agreement.

Last edited by mushroom; 22-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Jesus Christ this has made me sick to the stomach. Hasn’t football had enough tragedy recently? Poor poor kid. Absolutely terrible heart wrenching news.
Whilst it is a tragedy, kid is a bit inaccurate for a 28 year old surely?
Old 22-01-2019, 11:51 AM

I may be reading too much into it, but all the reports talk about him being one of 2 people on the plane, there is no mention of a pilot in there. I think it is entirely possible that he was flying the plane, from what has been released so far.

Has anyone read anything or seen something that would suggest that he was the sole passenger with a pilot?
Old 22-01-2019, 11:55 AM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Reports the plane had taking off issues and these were aborted 5/6 times.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 22-01-2019, 11:55 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I may be reading too much into it, but all the reports talk about him being one of 2 people on the plane, there is no mention of a pilot in there. I think it is entirely possible that he was flying the plane, from what has been released so far.

Has anyone read anything or seen something that would suggest that he was the sole passenger with a pilot?
Just common sense that he is a footballer the other guy would be the pilot.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni