Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2020, 06:52 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Struggling to think of a better film recently, or ever ?
He's obviously not seen the recent remake of the Magnificent Seven.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:55 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
He's obviously not seen the recent remake of the Magnificent Seven.
Watched the original for the first time in decades over christmas....

SaulAlinsky
Old 12-01-2020, 11:14 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Jigsaw. 1962, with Jack Warner. Jolly good crime movie, set in Brighton.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:57 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityside View Post
Midsommar. WTF?
Definitely a very WTF film but I loved it!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:09 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The Irishman - very good . Scorcese. 8/10 (Goodfellas in comparison a 9 )
Old 12-01-2020, 02:34 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Selma.

Good but a little slow in places. 7/10.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Knives out - Really good film, keeps you guessing until the end but enough clues for you to piece a vaguely accurate conclusion together. Probably the gold standard for modern whodunnits. 9/10
Old 12-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Knives out - Really good film, keeps you guessing until the end but enough clues for you to piece a vaguely accurate conclusion together. Probably the gold standard for modern whodunnits. 9/10
Saw it yesterday, agree completely. Thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Good Cast.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Ad Astra.

Starts well. Some great shots and the film does well to build some tense moments that leave you on the edge of your seat.

Then it transitions into the final 3rd, which is just Brad Bitt sulking and musing in space.

6/10.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
Jojo Rabbit - stunning. 10/10
Visually brilliant, some of the scenes are so well set up
Acting, fantastic. I didn't know Sam Rockwell was in this as I have stayed away from the trailers, he's great.
Story - Proper rollercoaster - struggling to think of a better film if I'm honest.
Absolutely loved it. At one point I had dust in my eyes but also laughing at the exact same time which has never happened to me at a movie before. Took my 12 year old to see it and although some of the scenes were quite tough viewing thought it was a perfect film to show how hate and war can blind and corrupt people, especially relating to the demonizing of a section of society.

Interestingly a number of film critics have really panned it but have only read excellent reviews from paying customers so I guess a real marmite movie?
Old 13-01-2020, 09:17 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here

Wow. I thought nothing would match Jo Jo Rabbit for my favourite film of 2020 but this was superb. It's shot like it's done in one continuous take which makes you feel like you're the third soldier in the story. Highly recommend

I have a feeling cinema for the rest of the year will be downhill from here
Old 13-01-2020, 10:00 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Absolutely loved it. At one point I had dust in my eyes but also laughing at the exact same time which has never happened to me at a movie before. Took my 12 year old to see it and although some of the scenes were quite tough viewing thought it was a perfect film to show how hate and war can blind and corrupt people, especially relating to the demonizing of a section of society.

Interestingly a number of film critics have really panned it but have only read excellent reviews from paying customers so I guess a real marmite movie?
I didn't take my daughter (14), but when I told her I had seen it, to my surprise, she had a right old pop at me and demanded that I take her. She also wants to see 1917. She's really getting into history which is great and I think that if movies make it more appealing then that's great. Will probably give the new Midway film a miss though and make her watch the original (after Tora Tora Tora).
Old 13-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I've seen the trailer... I'm out!

The casting of Hugh Grant as a cockney wideboy was an extraordinary decision.
It sounds like he's trying to mimic Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast
Old 14-01-2020, 03:05 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
The Irishman
Well made, lots of big names, no problem with long films, but it was just a bit 'meh'. Just seemed to plod along really - lacking in WOW. Fantastic ageing of them though, from young men to very old men - amazing makeup / effects.

Joker
Finally managed to watch this, and yes - I agree that it was a very very good film. Hard to fault in any way other than I wanted it to go on longer. And what a soundtrack!
Old 14-01-2020, 09:41 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
It sounds like he's trying to mimic Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast
If you want a comedy Cockney, hire a toff.
Old 14-01-2020, 10:59 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Finally got to see Inception...only taken 9 years. It was good. 7/10

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:04 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Wow such a amazing sensory experience
Great camera work you felt like you was there
9.5 out of 10
Old 14-01-2020, 08:15 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
The Irishman- Unnecessarily long.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it count if you are watching old DVD's with grandson?
Despicable Me 2 (purple minions to my grandson) - 8/10
Box Trolls (Archibald Snatcher) - 9/10
Arthur Christmas (Gwen, Santa's grandpa, S1) - 9/10
Old 14-01-2020, 08:48 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Wow such a amazing sensory experience
Great camera work you felt like you was there
9.5 out of 10
Iím off Monday so gonna make my debut at the Imax and watch this one, on my own so I get to eat all my sweets and donít have someone asking me whatís going on. Canít wait.