Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-05-2020, 06:43 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I only ever carry water if Iím doing a longer run in the heat and then itís small. Iím currently using a small bottle of my daughters, and in the past have used snotty fruit shoot bottles.
I've never taken water on a run, normally I just try to get out early before it's too hot. Depending on where you are there are occasionally water taps around that you can use
Old 22-05-2020, 06:51 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I've never taken water on a run, normally I just try to get out early before it's too hot. Depending on where you are there are occasionally water taps around that you can use
I think Iíve done it less than 5 times in my life!
Old 22-05-2020, 07:10 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I only take water/refreshments on a 2hr plus run. Or if its just a very, very hot day.

I do struggle in the heat. I was taken to hospital doing a reccy run to checkpoint 2 of an ultra, in the Thai jungle. And was in a spot of bother at the end of a race in Madagascar. The thailand one was particularly serious with vomiting and loss of consciousness and trip to the village hospital took two hours on the back of a truck. The MDS is out for me.

I think that people needlessly take water with them, but everybody is different. As I can vouch!
Old 22-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I was taken to hospital doing a reccy run to checkpoint 2 of an ultra, in the Thai jungle. And was in a spot of bother at the end of a race in Madagascar. The thailand one was particularly serious with vomiting and loss of consciousness and trip to the village hospital took two hours on the back of a truck.
Just to clarify, running is fun right?
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 23-05-2020, 10:05 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
Just to clarify, running is fun right?
Yes. But sometimes it's a love/hate relationship.
Old 29-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RSD1461. On 30th May 2016 I went out for a run and have run every day since. In the streakrunning community some celebrate anniversaries as being one year of running, (365 or 366 days of running,) and some celebrate the anniversary of their start date. I did receive my congratulatory email from the United States Running Streak Association today so that will work for me! I will roll this into tomorrow morning as I lumber around on my long run of the week. A couple of statistics: 1461 Days, 10 States, 8 Countries, 1 Hotel Basement, 1 Airport Parking Lot, 4 Years, 4017 Miles.

With a decent run tomorrow I will pass 100 miles for the month for the first time since December 2017 which is also gratifying.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 30-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
RSD1461. On 30th May 2016 I went out for a run and have run every day since. In the streakrunning community some celebrate anniversaries as being one year of running, (365 or 366 days of running,) and some celebrate the anniversary of their start date. I did receive my congratulatory email from the United States Running Streak Association today so that will work for me! I will roll this into tomorrow morning as I lumber around on my long run of the week. A couple of statistics: 1461 Days, 10 States, 8 Countries, 1 Hotel Basement, 1 Airport Parking Lot, 4 Years, 4017 Miles.

With a decent run tomorrow I will pass 100 miles for the month for the first time since December 2017 which is also gratifying.
Wow impressive!
Old 30-05-2020, 11:38 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
What do people use if they're taking water with them on a run? A sort of running belt or carry the water bottle or something else? Ideally after something I don't have to hold in my hand
I have a belt that has a holder for a small water bottle on it. Only take it out for longer runs (15k+). Really dont like running in the heat so avoid by going early morning.
Old 30-05-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Amazing. Well done.
Old 30-05-2020, 01:09 PM

Finished off my months running with 34km and ended up cooling off in the River Mole, at box Hill stepping stones.

I've done 529km this month, climbed over the height of Everest in elevation and completed the virtual centurion 100miler in 4 days 6 hours. For context I've run over 300km just three times previously. Never know quite what you're capable of. Have been training like a pro.
Old 30-05-2020, 01:12 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managed to do 19 runs this month and clocked 100.4 miles yesterday.
100 miles a month is tougher than it looks.
Old 30-05-2020, 04:57 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Finished off my months running with 34km and ended up cooling off in the River Mole, at box Hill stepping stones.

I've done 529km this month, climbed over the height of Everest in elevation and completed the virtual centurion 100miler in 4 days 6 hours. For context I've run over 300km just three times previously. Never know quite what you're capable of. Have been training like a pro.

Well done Martin - fantastic effort some mileage - Iíve also been training like a pro although less mileage managed 5:47 for a mile today which is 4 seconds inside the best Iíve run on the track and about 17 seconds quicker than I did in the harriers mile before lockdown.
Old 30-05-2020, 05:56 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:

Wow, that’s great work!! Just to clarify did you run in a hotel basement? I once ran on the sea! I did 20min treadmill on a ferry.
Old 30-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
2 sets of incredible feats! Well done gents
Old 30-05-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Well done Martin - fantastic effort some mileage - Iíve also been training like a pro although less mileage managed 5:47 for a mile today which is 4 seconds inside the best Iíve run on the track and about 17 seconds quicker than I did in the harriers mile before lockdown.
You're secretly smashing it.. Desperate for parkrun to return! Not even looked at speed.
Old 30-05-2020, 07:57 PM
This too will pass

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
returning runner here - I've run sporadically for the past four years following 10 years of inactivity.

I've been working from home since lockdown and have been for a run everyday since - 68 days in a row. Just steady effort each day. After 12 weeks I think I might introduce a once a week interval session and then see what happens when lockdown ends.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:54 AM

You’d probably want to give yourself a break occasionally if introducing interval/speed training sessions or you’re more likely to pick up an injury.
Old 31-05-2020, 08:22 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Nothing compared to most of you guys but I did 100k this month after my run today. Really happy with it as it's the most I've done by far in a single month and I don't really have any problems with my muscles. Slight knee issue related to hamstring/calf but not serious compared to last year. Stretching better and pacing myself better has definitely helped.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 31-05-2020, 09:10 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ran approx 200m in May! Took several weeks to recover after falling ill from Covid late March. Scary shortage of breath, wheeziness and tiredness only went away about 12 days ago.

I still start losing my voice during a conversation but I am now itching to get running again. I'd like to do a half marathon in Oct but I'm not sure if that's realistic. I guess I might find out this week when I attenpt a 2km steady run...

Last edited by Sodermalm; 31-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 09:22 PM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got to 160k for the month today. Must be the most I have ever done in a month after 150k last month and 134k in March.