Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Noticed it is £55 for a programme voucher booklet next season.
Haven't had one for past two years but thought they had cost £50.
Sign match programmes going up to £4 a game next year?
This is very sad but I did work it out. I can't remember the article exactly but the quoted percentage saving on the matchday price seemed to indicate that the price was staying the same, i.e. £3.50.
Old 27-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Not sure if this the approriate thread but just wondered if anyone has any recollection of this match or the score?

I appreciate it was a kick about.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Score was 1-1 according to Nigel Sands history book (1905-1995)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Score was 1-1 according to Nigel Sands history book (1905-1995)
Thanks mate! I sure my old man went but cant recall if I did.

Long time ago!
Old 15-10-2019, 06:46 PM

plumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplumey1969 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Various Old Palace programmes on sale this Friday,may be of interest for collectors.

One item of interest for Palace historians may be the exceedingly scarce 1871 Football Annual edited by Charles W Alcock.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I also saw that, and think the estimate is somewhat low - I expect it to reach four figures to be honest. Should be interest from a few 'club' collectors (Maidenhead, Queens Park, Mansfield, not to mention CP), but potentially of interest to top end general football collectors. No idea if the National Football Museum would also be interested, but it's an incredibly historical artefact regarding the formation of both the FA Cup and the game itself. Shame that without viewing it in Stokenchurch, we cannot see the CP references!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-10-2019, 12:07 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I posted on another thread also, but will pop in here too:-

If anyone is looking to sell any old Palace shirts or training wear please drop me a message. Would be looking for items in either Medium or Large and in a good+ condition.

These would be for my personal collection and would not be re-sold for a profit. Have been close to winning a few items on eBay that I've then seen listed on reseller sites for 2/3 times as much.

Thanks
Old 18-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumey1969 View Post

One item of interest for Palace historians may be the exceedingly scarce 1871 Football Annual edited by Charles W Alcock.
The annual (featuring reference to the original CPFC, and the first year of the FA Cup) sold at auction today for £1000

Old 14-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Probationary User

stemag50 is playing for a contract
Palace Home Programmes Wanted

Hi all
Can anyone help with the following Palace home programmes please?
These are the last ones left on my bucket list. I've got all home programmes from the 1961/62 season to present and these are the missing few. So any help would be much appreciated

1985/86 - Palace v Brighton - (Full Members Cup)

2001/02 - Palace v Stockport, Barnsley, Millwall, Sheff Weds, Grimsby, WBA, Wimbledon, Bradford, Norwich, Crewe, Burnley, Forest, Rotherham, |Wolves, Sheff Utd, Portsmouth, Watford, Birmingham

2011/12 - Palace v Coventry, Crawley (Cup), Middlesboro, Middlesboro (Cup0, West Ham, Reading, Hull, Watford, Bristol City, Southampton (Cup), Barnsley, Peterboro, Portsmouth, Millwall, Derby, Forest, Doncaster, Birmingham, Leeds, Brighton, Southampton, Ipswich

2012/13 - Palace v Forest, Cardiff, Millwaall, Blackburn. Ipswich, Derby, Hull, Brighton, Stoke (Cup), Middlesboro, Leeds, Birmingham

Many thanks for looking.
Old 18-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemag50 View Post
Hi all
Can anyone help with the following Palace home programmes please?
These are the last ones left on my bucket list. I've got all home programmes from the 1961/62 season to present and these are the missing few. So any help would be much appreciated

1985/86 - Palace v Brighton - (Full Members Cup)

2001/02 - Palace v Stockport, Barnsley, Millwall, Sheff Weds, Grimsby, WBA, Wimbledon, Bradford, Norwich, Crewe, Burnley, Forest, Rotherham, |Wolves, Sheff Utd, Portsmouth, Watford, Birmingham

2011/12 - Palace v Coventry, Crawley (Cup), Middlesboro, Middlesboro (Cup0, West Ham, Reading, Hull, Watford, Bristol City, Southampton (Cup), Barnsley, Peterboro, Portsmouth, Millwall, Derby, Forest, Doncaster, Birmingham, Leeds, Brighton, Southampton, Ipswich

2012/13 - Palace v Forest, Cardiff, Millwaall, Blackburn. Ipswich, Derby, Hull, Brighton, Stoke (Cup), Middlesboro, Leeds, Birmingham

Many thanks for looking.
Have sent you a list of programmes I can help you out with
Old 19-12-2019, 08:49 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi does anyone here have a contact for Rick Bates aka ‘Rick’s big Honda’ on here? Been trying to get hold of him for about six months no joy! Cheers
Old 05-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
The Bukta Brazil away shirt from 91-92 is available on this website for £120. Seems a lot to me. Can anyone verify if this is a reasonable price?

Also, was there any difference between the Bukta Brazil shirts of 91/92 and 92/93?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2020, 04:48 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
The Bukta Brazil away shirt from 91-92 is available on this website for £120. Seems a lot to me. Can anyone verify if this is a reasonable price?

Also, was there any difference between the Bukta Brazil shirts of 91/92 and 92/93?

Thanks
£120! I've got one of those in a suitcase in the loft.

You can pick these shirts for £40ish on ebay.

I think the kit changed part way through 92/93 from the makers Bukta to Ribero although Ribero kept the design the same.

Last edited by OriginalNutter; 05-03-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:21 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post

I think the kit changed part way through 92/93 from the makers Bukta to Ribero although Ribero kept the design the same.
Cool, cheers. Yes, I’ve got one too
Old 25-03-2020, 02:51 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post

Youd do well to get a shirt from that era for less than 100 on ebay based on my searches, unless it's a very small or very big shirt. I've looked for a few but I cant ever see them for a reasonable price. Lot of money in the older shirts these days
Old 22-04-2020, 05:32 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Hoping someone can help Has anyone got the ending credits to Sky's coverage of the 97' play off final against Sheffield United? (Think it featured the music -Fly like an Eagle by Seal if that helps) To cut a long story short I was featured on it and my VHS copy got destroyed many years ago when I moved.
Old 22-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Anyone got anything from the 1861 season?
Old 22-04-2020, 06:08 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Anyone got anything from the 1861 season?

Yes but as that was my first season I am not selling, ask again in 2061 and I may change my mind.
Old 22-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Collecting Palace tat

The 1895 programme against Aston Villa sold for £1000 in 2018

The 1873/4 tankard was last up for auction in the States in 2014, and they wanted $1500 for it

A rare copy of Charles Alcock's Football Annual 1871, which listed the club colours (of the '1861' club) sold for £1000 last year

The last surviving copy of the original FA Challenge Cup was bought at auction by David Gold for £488k and is now valued at over £1m

You can buy various original old 1800's tat from the Crystal Palace on ebay for under a tenner though

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 22-04-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 22-05-2020, 08:49 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Hoping someone can help Has anyone got the ending credits to Sky's coverage of the 97' play off final against Sheffield United? (Think it featured the music -Fly like an Eagle by Seal if that helps) To cut a long story short I was featured on it and my VHS copy got destroyed many years ago when I moved.
Can anyone help?