Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hilaire or Salako
Hilaire 104 87.39%
Salako 15 12.61%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-05-2020, 12:04 AM
Probationary User

E.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
John Salako fine player sadly the injury cost him so much in terms of possible England career after doing so well on an England B summer tour and after a long road back scored in his return game for us. Both players were valuable parts of the respective Palace teams they played for and I enjoyed watching them both in their times with us. However Vince had just that little bit extra that hint of stardust. Maybe it was down to the type of Palace teams they played for. Big Mal/ El Tels teams played with a swagger, attacking, full of confidence and belief. Sir Steve, uncompromising simple way of playing the simple game other than Wrighty functional rather than stylish. Both great sides and count myself lucky to have seen both in full flow.
Full squad. (Not the very strongest - fair bit of filler, as I recall - but full squad nonetheless. Certainly well above 'B' status.)

Our cat was called Vince, in the great man's honour. (It was a black Siamese. Couldn't go for that nowadays could you? Speak to the old man, I was only a nipper...) We never had a single animal of any hue called John, Johnny or Salad. This surely settles the argument. (Naturally, Salad will now automatically be the name for my next dirty rat or weasel.)
Old 23-05-2020, 12:09 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I chat a bit with Vince on Faceache.
What does he say?
Old 23-05-2020, 05:53 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
What does he say?
Stop stalking me.
Old 23-05-2020, 06:07 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Stop stalking me.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 23-05-2020, 06:11 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Never saw Hilaire (that I remember at least).

Saw Salako. Was great. Plus two tap ins to win at Highbury and ruin Wright’s 100 goals for Arsenal day.
By chance i watched the extensive highlights of this yesterday. Both Salako and Armstrong were terrific that day, Salako couldve had 3-4. How Smith got that team relegated was quite an achievement.
Old 23-05-2020, 06:17 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post

Vince would go on a mazy dribble nearly anywhere on the pitch and often had the sometimes annoying knack of beating an opposition midfielder/defender, holding, keeping possession when a pass was on - and then going back to beat the same player.
I saw Salako doing exactly the same at Villa Park on New Years day 1991. It was infuriating to watch, but there again the whole team were. On a very windy day lobbing the ball high into the air at every opportunity made no sense, and led to a really poor performance, a two nil defeat, just two days after the high of the live TV exposure of seeing Palace beating Liverpool at Selhurst. A rare low in that brilliant season.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 23-05-2020, 06:31 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I did this poll years ago. To view the link you have to Register or Login Vince won though not by much. However I still believe that Salako was better and without the horrendous injury there wouldn't be debate. And yes his recent twittering hurts.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 23-05-2020, 06:40 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Vince for me he just seemed to glide across the pitch when he had the ball, and always looked like he was enjoying himself.
Old 24-05-2020, 04:33 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Vince was not only a great player for us but also one of the nicest people you could meet.
On that you are 100% correct, around four years ago my son (Also a Palace season ticket holder) became friends with him whilst working in Portsmouth and Vince invited me down for breakfast

Obviously I went thinking I might get an hour and two and a half hours later I had to apologize for leaving. He was great fun, polite and a lover of CPFC.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:23 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I saw Salako doing exactly the same at Villa Park on New Years day 1991. It was infuriating to watch, but there again the whole team were. On a very windy day lobbing the ball high into the air at every opportunity made no sense, and led to a really poor performance, a two nil defeat, just two days after the high of the live TV exposure of seeing Palace beating Liverpool at Selhurst. A rare low in that brilliant season.

It was a grim day in a very grim place
Old 24-05-2020, 07:30 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I did this poll years ago. To view the link you have to Register or Login Vince won though not by much. However I still believe that Salako was better and without the horrendous injury there wouldn't be debate. And yes his recent twittering hurts.
Time has not been kind to the salad boy.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
So Salako we know who else isn't a Legend in Palace fans view!