Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Bull. ďThe leftĒ as your basic, indiscriminate labelling would have it are in fact not the only ones who donít like archaic religious bigotry. Iíd say Iím centre left, but itís more complicated than that. Iím happy to criticise Islam, itís equally and often more dangerous, especially to women. I generally do not like religion of any kind. State and religion should remain separate.
Crikey, Islamophobia running riot tonight.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Crikey, Islamophobia running riot tonight.
Explain.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:48 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Explain.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:49 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ok noddy language:

Thinking Muslims are terrorists is islamophobic. Hating Muslim people is islamophobic. Denying the rights of Muslims to practice their faith is islamophobic.

Expressing distaste at religious doctrine that subjugates women and gay people is not islamophobic or whatever the word for christianphobic is. It is simply criticising religion generally for suppressing minorities. And this is not all Muslims and not all Islamic countries. However, some like Saudi prevent women leaving the country without their husband’s permission. Do you find that acceptable or dangerous and vile?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ok noddy language:

Thinking Muslims are terrorists is islamophobic. Hating Muslim people is islamophobic. Denying the rights of Muslims to practice their faith is islamophobic.

Expressing distaste at religious doctrine that subjugates women and gay people is not islamophobic or whatever the word for christianphobic is. It is simply criticising religion generally for suppressing minorities. And this is not all Muslims and not all Islamic countries. However, some like Saudi prevent women leaving the country without their husbandís permission. Do you find that acceptable or dangerous and vile?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
How about a time when unicorns played in a field and children didn't have to deal with sexuality until they were old enough to understand it?
I thought the innocence of childhood is playing with your sexuality and not understanding it. Kids chase, love notes, that curious reason why you like x, playground girl friend, playing doctors etc
Old 05-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I just mean the junior years when Father Christmas is still a thing and fairies and pixies and unicorns are still relevant to children.
You said teenagers? Did you still believe in Santa, unicorns, proxies and fairies when you were 12?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
I thought the innocence of childhood is playing with your sexuality and not understanding it. Kids chase, love notes, that curious reason why you like x, playground girl friend, playing doctors etc
That's Reading for you.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
That's Reading for you.
Thatcham in particular.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
You said teenagers? Did you still believe in Santa, unicorns, proxies and fairies when you were 12?
I'll always believe in Santy Claws.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ok noddy language:

Expressing distaste at religious doctrine that subjugates women and gay people is not islamophobic or whatever the word for christianphobic is. It is simply criticising religion generally for suppressing minorities. And this is not all Muslims and not all Islamic countries. However, some like Saudi prevent women leaving the country without their husbandís permission. Do you find that acceptable or dangerous and vile?
Not sure about dangerous or vile, but preventing women leaving the country without their husbandís permission is oppressive and unpleasant and has no place in the modern world.

Out of interest, how do you feel about the Burqa? Should it be banned?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:58 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Christianity is not a "cult of paedos". It has been one of the places where certain criminals have been able to evade suspicion. When the Last Trump sounds they will have nowhere to hide.
It is, when other people are inferring a 'questionable morality towards the well being of children' to another group in society.

It wasn't that some priests were nonces, that's a percentage thing. It's more about how others who weren't protected them
Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Not sure about dangerous or vile, but preventing women leaving the country without their husband’s permission is oppressive and unpleasant and has no place in the modern world.

I don’t like it at all but I think people should be free to wear what they want. I suppose there’s a question mark as to whether women wearing the burqa are in fact freely wearing what they want. But no, I wouldn’t ban it. I don’t think there’s any place for the burqa in the classroom though. Or balaclavas or hoodies for that matter

Last edited by TWELLSEagle; 05-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t like it at all but I think people should be free to wear what they want. I suppose there’s a question mark as to whether women wearing the burqa are in fact freely wearing what they want. But no, I wouldn’t ban it.
Doesn't it subjugate women? .....arguably to an even greater extent than preventing them leave the country? Not sure why the latter is 'vile' and dangerous' while the burqa is acceptable.

Free choice is a grey area sometimes. If you have been effectively brainwashed and indoctrinated from an early age it is arguably a form of coercion.

Last edited by Raggy; 05-06-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Doesn't it subjugate women? .....arguably to an even greater extent than preventing them leave the country? Not sure why the latter is 'vile' and dangerous' while the burqa is acceptable.

Free choice is a grey area sometimes. If you have been effectively brainwashed and indoctrinated from an early age it is arguably a form of coercion.
Itís not complicated. In our country women are free to wear what they like. The assumption that all women wearing the burqa do so out of subjugation is nonsense in my view. There will be some no doubt but if we begin telling people what they can and canít wear where will that leave us?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I donít like it at all but I think people should be free to wear what they want. I suppose thereís a question mark as to whether women wearing the burqa are in fact freely wearing what they want. But no, I wouldnít ban it. I donít think thereís any place for the burqa in the classroom though. Or balaclavas or hoodies for that matter
So you only want to ban it a bit.

What about courts, situations where security and identity is an issue. Are the French and Belgains wrong?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Unbannable

Quote:
Itís not complicated. In our country women are free to wear what they like. The assumption that all women wearing the burqa do so out of subjugation is nonsense in my view. There will be some no doubt but if we begin telling people what they can and canít wear where will that leave us?
We do tell people what they can and can't wear. Try wearing a balaclava in Central London and see how far you get.
Try boarding a plane wearing a Mankini.

With the burqa, I suspect it is the other way round. The majority of women wear it due to some form of pressure from male family members, and a small minority wear it out of genuinely free choice.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
We do tell people what they can and can't wear. Try wearing a balaclava in Central London and see how far you get.
Try boarding a plane wearing a Mankini.

With the burqa, I suspect it is the other way round. The majority of women wear it due to some form of pressure from male family members, and a small minority wear it out of genuinely free choice.
Youíre free to wear a balaclava in central London and many white people cover their faces with impunity.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
So you only want to ban it a bit.

What about courts, situations where security and identity is an issue. Are the French and Belgains wrong?
There are already powers for police to remove facial disguise. Regulations are in place for situations where identification is critical. Not sure what your point is?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:56 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It should be served on a sesame bun with onions, mustard, a slice of cheese and seved with chips and a freezing cold can of Coke. Yum.