Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-03-2001, 03:13 AM

forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan forsells no1 fan
your 2nd choice team

i was just wandering what everybody would be thinking about(football wise)at this point in the season if palace would have gone out of business in the summer(thank god it never happend - thanks SJ).
would u have lost the appetite to follow football,started supporting another local team nearby or maybe start supporting a team youve always had a soft spot for.
ive always had a softspot for blackburn and id of probally started following them but i imagine it would just never of felt the same winning a game as it had done before for palace.

LONG LIVE THE EAGLES!
Old 21-03-2001, 04:07 AM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Palace have and all ways be my first team but, have always followed non league sides when could not get to see Palace. Use to live near to Bromley ground so, supported them as second team. For the past 17 years been living in exile up here in North Wales and follow Caernarfon Town who play in the Cymru Alliance and hopefully will return to the league of Wales next season.

------------------
Old 21-03-2001, 05:14 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I couldn't have a genuine soft spot for another 'local' side, though Orient came close in the '70's, when so many Palace players, including the mighty Jacko, seem to leave for that particular East London retirement home!

My second team is Brechin City. We're not having a bad season for a change, but I fear that the promotion challenge will come to nothing. Started like a train, then fell away a bit, and have not really found the early season form again.
Still riding high though, so there's still a
chance.
I started supporting them in the early '70's, when the Daily Mirror Football Annual published a comparison of a 'big' club, Man Utd, and a 'minnow'.
Being Palace, I couldn't resist the lure of the underdog!
I've been up for a few games, and always received a warm welcome. Top club.....
Old 21-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Palace Reserves!

Although the wife supports Arsenal so I've been dragged to watch them as well. They are, after all, my local team!
Old 21-03-2001, 01:09 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
My second choice team are Bath City. Managed by non other than the great Paul Bodin!!! Having an average season in the Doc Martins league.(3 points deducted ) They love to remind me of when they knocked Palace out of the FA cup in 73 or something!!
Old 21-03-2001, 01:39 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If Palace had gone out of business then I probably would have ended up watching West Ham as all of my Missus' family are supporters.
Old 21-03-2001, 01:46 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tranmere.

99.999999% Palace
0.000001% Tranmere.

------------------
oh hairy, hairy.. hairy, hairy, hairy harrison!
Old 21-03-2001, 01:48 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to have a soft spot for Fulham but now that they have eclipsed us ( for the moment ) that has gone.

I used to look out for Queen of the South as well for reasons that I dont know. Just liked the name I guess.

And not so much a second team, more like a half-brother to CPFC are the other glorious boys in red & blue ( well the away strip anyway ) Hadjuk Split !
Old 21-03-2001, 01:53 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Crawley Town F.c
Old 21-03-2001, 02:07 PM
Playing a round

David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray
There is only one team, there has only ever been one team and there will only ever be one team.
Crystal Palace
Old 21-03-2001, 02:13 PM

jempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is fine
haven't really thought about this. Probably Newcastle. My mate supports them and I think Bobby has done wonders for em.

AND I'M FEELIN..GLAD ALL OVER!
Old 21-03-2001, 02:27 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Sutton Utd
Stockport county

And the mighty Upjest
Old 21-03-2001, 02:44 PM

Men At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMen At Work would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I would have become a little more interested in watching my hometown team of Hartlepool. Of course, I'll probably get the chance to do that at Selhurst next year
Old 21-03-2001, 02:51 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My brother is a QPR fan so would probably tag along with him to that.
Howvever I doubt I could ever go mad when they score..it just wouldn't be the same.

If I wanted to go to a game on my accord I would probably head to Bromley or Beckenham. Rationally its a better deal there anyway. I can stand where I like. I see players who are committed. It costs me 4 to get in and I can easily have a pie and a pint and watch the game.
Old 21-03-2001, 03:18 PM
Independent Trader

PalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPalaceBabe is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Well after a period of mourning, I guess I would have accepted that CP was no longer with us, and although no team could ever,ever replace them, I guess i'd support another London side like QPR (my Dads team) although West Ham are good side.

[This message has been edited by PalaceBabe (edited 21 March 2001).]
Old 21-03-2001, 03:33 PM
Playing a round

David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray David Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceBabe:
although West Ham are good side.

Have you ever had breakfast in the little cafe opposite the gates to Upton Park - must be the biggest, the best and the cheapest in the country. Only good thing I can say about particulary club surrounding I'm afraid !
Old 21-03-2001, 03:36 PM

Little Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is hereLittle Matt Sam the man is here
Bristol Rovers, on account of living down there for a while as a kid. They're in the same mess as we are at the moment though!
Old 21-03-2001, 03:39 PM

walderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewalderslade eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some of you may hate me for this, but it would have tyo be my local; team for the last 23 years, Gillingham, been my second team ever since I moved down to Medway. I also follow Greenock Morton's results, not sure why, they're getting relegated to scottish 2nd this year!
Old 21-03-2001, 03:43 PM
Climbing up the Walls

Leicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsLeicester Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Redhill, in the Sussex County Division 1 (despite being in Surrey). They're not doing so well at the moment, mid-table but are trying to get into Dr Martens League. We have an ex Czech U-21 intenational plus 2 brazilians, a french player and 2 other foreigners who are first team regulars (as well as someone who I knew from school). Known as the Chelsea of the league.
Old 21-03-2001, 03:55 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How about, from now until the end of the season, everyone supports Rotherham and Reading as second teams. How much worse would it be if Millwall were in a higher division than us next season!