Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2019, 05:21 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Most realistic review of out transfer policy I've ever heard. Agree 100% with what was said. Best pod FYP has produced for yonks.
Agree. Good listen we are /will be completely up shit creek if this transfer policy continues.
Old 16-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
reading this thread makes me want to listen to it tbh. Sounds like interesting points were being brought up with a range of opinions - the mark of a good pod for me
They usually are - people usually complain when the interesting points are in conflict with their own opinions.
Old 16-08-2019, 06:48 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
reading this thread makes me want to listen to it tbh. Sounds like interesting points were being brought up with a range of opinions - the mark of a good pod for me
Not really, was mostly someone talking and the others all agreeing.
Old 17-08-2019, 01:23 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Now I have calmed down about the transfer window I actually feel we have had a pretty decent one, right back is a worry and Benteke and Wickham but my concern last season was the midfield and I think we have finally got a bit of steal in McCarthy and some flair in. If we are playing Wilf upfront we have 4 other options to play up front without weakening the midfield. We have the best keeper at our level in the Premier League with an already very solid defence. I am quite optimistic about this season.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-08-2019, 09:51 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Now I have calmed down about the transfer window I actually feel we have had a pretty decent one, right back is a worry and Benteke and Wickham but my concern last season was the midfield and I think we have finally got a bit of steal in McCarthy and some flair in. If we are playing Wilf upfront we have 4 other options to play up front without weakening the midfield. We have the best keeper at our level in the Premier League with an already very solid defence. I am quite optimistic about this season.
McCarthy called up by Republic of Ireland, 2 games in a few days - knowing our luck we know how it will end up .
Old 20-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Pod being recorded today

Questions please!
Old 20-08-2019, 08:06 AM
TV size DOES matter !!

Location: US Outpost #31, Station 4 of the United States Antarctic Research Institute
Always an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What's up with SP.

Has to be his quietest media period since promotion.

Care to speculate?
Old 20-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The teams ability to score goals is dwindling fast and feels very much the same as the start of last season. Should we revert to Wilf and Andros up front?

What was the bigger mistake, not getting in a striker or not strengthening our full backs?

Is Roys ridged 442 killing our creativity and making us predictable to the opposition?

Not many teams in our position improved their squad drastically over the summer, do we just have to accept teams like Palace, with a limited stadium and external revenue streams will always have less money to spend than we as supporters all think. Should we just be grateful to be in the premier league and try and enjoy the ride?
Old 20-08-2019, 09:20 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why do people expect miracles from Roy when we have spent so little over 2 seasons now?
Old 20-08-2019, 09:35 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Complete the sentence.

That was the worst performance from a Crystal Palace side since..........
Old 20-08-2019, 09:42 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Why does panel think we were unable to get a right back , striker and ball carrier ( midfield or winger ) Are we ending up like Stoke where we have expensive players with no sell on possibility ? Sakho and Tomkins are a concern ( always going to miss games ) ---- this leaves us with a slow back four , pedestrian midfield and strikers who are slow and cant score .--- but we do have Zaha - who doesn't look focussed to me .
Old 20-08-2019, 09:47 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Is it enough to survive or are we entitled to ask to be more entertained?
Old 20-08-2019, 09:53 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Does Roy know there's more than one way of setting up a team? Should he go now and we can have our Curbishley season?

Is it time for Luka to be benched? He doesn't even register on the 'Jedinak light' scale atm.
Old 20-08-2019, 06:45 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Another brilliant pod guys. Well done.
Old 21-08-2019, 08:40 AM

A good point raised was that however effective ( or not ) RH is , he is unlikely to change the way we set up against teams. Someone said that we rarely take the game to the opposition , we tend to try and keep things tight , take no risks and then try to catch them on the break or hope for a set piece . Although I watch Palace at every opportunity , if I was a neutral we must be a very dull team to watch . Also agree that we don't get the best out of some players ( Zaha , Meyer for example ) as RH will play them in his formation even if it limits their effectiveness .

Last edited by exiledeagle; 21-08-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 23-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
What is wrong with the sound quality this week?
Old 23-08-2019, 09:40 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I thought it was my headphones
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 23-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
We had some issues with the recording I believe. The original uploaded was even worse, but JD edited it to reduce the high pitched noise. Apologies, it shouldn't happen again.
Old 23-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
We had some issues with the recording I believe. The original uploaded was even worse, but JD edited it to reduce the high pitched noise. Apologies, it shouldn't happen again.
Ok, you’ve been warned.
Just don’t let it happen again
Old 23-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Have to agree it was bloody awful and the intro music is always louder than the chatty bit
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball 22nd 2019/2020 (The COVID Season)
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2020/2021

Vote Moo moo2