Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-04-2021, 09:47 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Charlie Says.
Matt Smith as Charles Manson.
As bad as it sounds.
Truly, truly awful.
Matt Smith? The ex Dr Who?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-04-2021, 10:28 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Matt Smith? The ex Dr Who?
Yep. Don't go there.
Old 23-04-2021, 03:54 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Watched a film called Coherence on Amazon yesterday. I've been trying to find films under an hour and a half, and that came up in a list or 2.
Sci-fi/Time Loop film. Very smart. Almost too smart for the budget and time limit.
8 friends having a meal at the same time a comet is due to pass over, which leads to a power cut and then some shenanigans.

Very enjoyable though and left me on edge a couple of times.

Definitely worse ways to spend 90 minutes.
Old 23-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Been watching old stuff for a while, the likes of 12 Angry Men and old Hitchcock films and old Asian cinema and I think they've ruined modern day blockbusters for me. The dialogue is so much sharper, the cinematography less showy but more engaging and with none of the insistence on shoving in quips every 10 seconds. I think the best was Ikiru, what a film that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Watched a film called Coherence on Amazon yesterday. I've been trying to find films under an hour and a half, and that came up in a list or 2.
Sci-fi/Time Loop film. Very smart. Almost too smart for the budget and time limit.
8 friends having a meal at the same time a comet is due to pass over, which leads to a power cut and then some shenanigans.

Very enjoyable though and left me on edge a couple of times.

Definitely worse ways to spend 90 minutes.
Good film that, nice ending as well
Old 23-04-2021, 06:16 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Made the mistake of falling for "no.2 in the UK today" on netflix and watched Anti Life with Bruce Willis. **** me, I love this genre, but this was utter utter dog shit. How do netflix get away with wasting millions on so much utter crap??
Old 23-04-2021, 07:02 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Stowaway - 6.5/10

Toni Collette, Anna Kendrick and Daniel Dae Kim are on their way to Mars with important cargo, life sustaining oxygen producing algae, when they find a launch pad engineer trapped and dying in the spacecraft's innards. Shamier Anderson plays the stowaway and it's pretty straightforward. This is not a horror movie, this is not a slasher movie. That was what I was expecting. It's basically a sinking ship story as the stowaway's presence has led to the ship needing life-saving repairs. It's pretty good, but it's missing something, not sure what it is.

Wandering Earth - 5/10

Set in the future when the Sun is reaching it's extinction, humans have managed to outfit the Earth with rockets and are blasting it out of the solar system towards a nearby star system. Of course, things go wrong when Jupiter starts pulling the Earth in and it's up to a few select people to save the day. Leaving out the ridiculousness of the premise, it plays out like your typical disaster movies but with everybody speaking Chinese and every scene basically being shot in a green screen prison.
Old 24-04-2021, 12:28 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
An Unsuitable Job For A Woman(1982)
Based on a PD James novel this is a somewhat unusual & intriguing film, as much a tale of obsession and a character study as a murder mystery with an ending that is underwhelming. Pippa Guard is very good in the lead role. 6.5/10

Last edited by cappuccinoeagle; 24-04-2021 at 12:35 AM.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:13 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Daddy's Home (on Netflix). Some really funny scenes with Mark Wahlberg playing the cool dad to Will Ferrel's stepdad, both trying to impress the kids and their mum. Recommended, 7/10.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:58 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yep. Don't go there.
Now I'll have to just for curiosity value. How does a lanky 6ft blonde Brit play a short arsed stocky American loon?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 24-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Made the mistake of falling for "no.2 in the UK today" on netflix and watched Anti Life with Bruce Willis. **** me, I love this genre, but this was utter utter dog shit. How do netflix get away with wasting millions on so much utter crap??
I did warn you a few pages back
Old 24-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Man Down - shia labeouf going through “issues” after going to war. Not going to say anything else as it’ll be a spoiler.
Enjoyed it a lot

67/81
Old 24-04-2021, 07:09 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Watched "Nobody" a couple of nights ago.

The best review I read is if Better Call Saul did John Wick.

Excellent silly action fun.

8/10
Old 24-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post

8/10
I've got this cued up for tomorrow, can't wait.

The Dry was very good, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Good to see one of the 'crims' from Mr Inbetween and the crazy fella from Mad Max too.

7.5/10
Old 24-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Cheers, I will give that a miss then .

I have ordered In Bruges. So will be watching that next
Never gets old.

Brilliant film.
Old 24-04-2021, 08:28 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Unhinged

Lump of lard Russell Crowe in road rage killing spree role. Ludicrous and bloody 3/10.
Old 24-04-2021, 08:53 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post

8/10
Yeah I enjoyed this. Completely ott but good fun. Loved seeing Doc Brown from back to the future
Old 25-04-2021, 12:37 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
The Girl In The Spider’s Web(2018)
A watchable if fairly familiar high tech thriller.
The versatile Claire Foy is good as Lisbeth Salander. 6.5/10
Old 25-04-2021, 10:43 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Love and monsters on Netflix. A young man takes a road trip across a post apocalyptic monster filled land to find his girlfriend. Enjoyed it, was a fun feel good romp. Nothing too taxing but the special effects are good, there are some funny bits and the cast are decent.
Old 25-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walking with enemy.Based on true events very Scindlers list 7/10
Old 25-04-2021, 09:49 PM

I Care A Lot(2020)
A dark disturbing comedy drama with some neat twists and fine performances, especially Rosamund Pike & Peter Dinklage. Nice to see Dianne Wiest again too. 7.5/10