Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Haven't we done this Three times?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Says that Cardiff are the first team to have gone up to the Prem and straight back down twice.

We did it in 1995, 1998 and 2005.

We don't hold many records and this is a rubbish one. But don't try and take it away.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:28 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
No because we have been in the PL since 2013

A few clubs have been up once and gone straight down, Cardiff are now the only ones to have done it twice in the PL era

Bit of daft stat, who really cares
Old 05-05-2019, 08:36 AM

akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
No because we have been in the PL since 2013

A few clubs have been up once and gone straight down, Cardiff are now the only ones to have done it twice in the PL era

Bit of daft stat, who really cares
But we have been up and down three times in the PL era.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:47 AM

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
But we have been up and down three times in the PL era.
But we have now stayed up. Cardiff are now the only club to have been up more than once and never stay up
Old 05-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
But we have now stayed up. Cardiff are now the only club to have been up more than once and never stay up
Doesn't say only team to fail to stay up more than a season though, just says only team to come up and go straight down twice. By that wording they are wrong as we have gone up and come straight back down 3 times as said.

Us coming up and staying up recently doesn't change that fact.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Doesn't say only team to fail to stay up more than a season though, just says only team to come up and go straight down twice. By that wording they are wrong as we have gone up and come straight back down 3 times as said.

Us coming up and staying up recently doesn't change that fact.
Our own website ran the same story a few days ago

Old 05-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The 'yo-yo club' term was coined specifically because between 1995-2010 ish we, WBA and one other team I think, were always relegated from The Prem straight after being promoted.

Cardiff are definitely not the first.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:09 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
The 'yo-yo club' term was coined specifically because between 1995-2010 ish we, WBA and one other team I think, were always relegated from The Prem straight after being promoted.

Cardiff are definitely not the first.
Norwich ?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Norwich ?
Possibly and maybe Sunderland.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Possibly and maybe Sunderland.
Yes there have been many
Old 05-05-2019, 09:36 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's like saying the next bloke to walk on the moon is the first one to do it because Neil Armstrong isn't up there any more.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 AM

I am just glad i was here to explain the stat to you all

Hopefully someone will understand it by the end of today
Old 05-05-2019, 09:48 AM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s not that hard to understand.
Cardiff are the only team in the Prem era to have never stayed up after being in it on more than one occasion. Crap stat but that’s what it is.
Every other club that has been in the Prem on more than one occasion has managed to stay up at least once.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:56 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember back in Allison days , drawing away at Cardiff in an evening game which sent us to old Division 3
Old 05-05-2019, 09:58 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes there have been many
There is a wiki page, unbelievably, about yo-yo clubs;

If this is just related to the premier league, which it appears to be, then to be pedantic it is actually on four occasions we have only survived one season in the premier league.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:55 PM

StevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStevePlus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
There is a wiki page, unbelievably, about yo-yo clubs;

If this is just related to the premier league, which it appears to be, then to be pedantic it is actually on four occasions we have only survived one season in the premier league.
But the first time, 92/93, is a bit too pedantic for me - one season in the premier league, but we had been in the top flight for the three previous seasons.

The others (1994/95, 1997/98 and 2004/05, were genuine yo-yos - down straight after promotion.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:00 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post

Says that Cardiff are the first team to have gone up to the Prem and straight back down twice.

We did it in 1995, 1998 and 2005.

We don't hold many records and this is a rubbish one. But don't try and take it away.
You are correct but you could also argue it’s four times because we went down after just one season of the premier league in 93 ( albeit we had been in div 1 for 3 seasons before that) but that would make relegations 93,95,98,2005
Old 05-05-2019, 04:05 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
I remember back in Allison days , drawing away at Cardiff in an evening game which sent us to old Division 3
So do I many years before any mobile news I was a young man working on the Isle of Wight for two weeks so couldn’t go. So had to make a phone call from a call box to the old Cardiff ground Ninian Park masquerading as a journalist wanting to know the score only to be told Palace had been one up but Cardiff equalizing sending us down. I was heartbroken pissed off and anything else you’ll like to add
Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Carlisle had one season in the top flight n the 70's and were top of the table early September. They've never recovered.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:19 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Carlisle had one season in the top flight n the 70's and were top of the table early September. They've never recovered.
Orient and Northampton in the 60's in fact both went 4,3,2,1 - 1,2,3,4 I think some record

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane