Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Dead Ball King

ZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Crystal Palace boss Peter Taylor is still intent on bringing in a new striker, despite already having four senior forwards on his books.

Taylor is keen to acquire a pacey hitman to complement the physical Shefki Kuqi and James Scowcroft and the technical Dougie Freedman and Clinton Morrison.

The Palace boss will consider both a permanent or long-term loan signing and feels he would be able to accommodate another hitman.

"Other teams in the division will have at least four or five strikers, so we have got to have that," said Taylor.

"If the right one becomes available, I will grab him."

Meanwhile, Taylor admitted he would have moved for summer target Teddy Sheringham, if the Eagles were forced to sell either Kuqi or Scowcroft.

Taylor added: "If ever we got an offer for Shefki or James that I could not turn down, I definitely would have gone in for Teddy.

"I love Teddy Sheringham to bits and I hope he does well at Colchester - but not against us."

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-07-2007, 12:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Re: Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Quote:
Originally posted by ZOHAR

Taylor added: "If ever we got an offer for Shefki or James that I could not turn down, I definitely would have gone in for Teddy.

Is he taking the p*ss?
Old 13-07-2007, 12:08 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's somewhat worrying about his sense of reality on both counts.
1. that we would ever get an offer for Kuqi or Scowcroft, and 2. he would like to get Sheringham in!
Suddenly I am in love with a front line of SK and JS.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:13 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you

Quote:

That's not much of a vote of confidence for Shefki or James really is it.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Rather depressing.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:22 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Quote:
Originally posted by Trist
That's not much of a vote of confidence for Shefki or James really is it.

That's what I thought. Why would you ever say something like that unless you wanted rid of them? Maybe he does?
Old 13-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Clinton "technical".....funny, funny stuff
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts

Quote:
Crystal Palace boss Peter Taylor is still intent on bringing in a new striker, despite already having four senior forwards on his books.

Taylor is keen to acquire a pacey hitman to complement the physical Shefki Kuqi and James Scowcroft and the technical Dougie Freedman and Clinton Morrison.

The Palace boss will consider both a permanent or long-term loan signing and feels he would be able to accommodate another hitman.

"Other teams in the division will have at least four or five strikers, so we have got to have that," said Taylor.

"If the right one becomes available, I will grab him."

Meanwhile, Taylor admitted he would have moved for summer target Teddy Sheringham, if the Eagles were forced to sell either Kuqi or Scowcroft.

"I love Teddy Sheringham to bits and I hope he does well at Colchester - but not against us."

Pete certainly isn't the best media man, is he?
Old 13-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here

Quote:

I'm trying to work out if i'm disappointed or relieved at this.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We really have employed a total clown as boss. I cannot believe he would have moved for Sheringham. Every time I read Taylor's comments I worry about the kind of players he wants to sign. If he had of sold Kuqi and replaced him with Sheringham I would have been livid.

Wake up Taylor you mug. We don't need any more ageing journeymen on the club's books - you've already populated the squad with enough of those already (Kuqi, Scowcroft, Kennedy and Lawrence). We are stuck with these wasters as it is. How depressing.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Re: Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4evandeva
That's what I thought. Why would you ever say something like that unless you wanted rid of them? Maybe he does?
Perhaps it's a signal to Sherringham, that PT wanted it, but that (hopefully), SJ said NO WAY !
Can't see any other reason why he would have gone public with this.
Just reinforces the idea that PT would be a bit of a disaster in the Prem with big bucks to spend (wisely).
Old 13-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Substitute technical for tricky..

It doesn't bode well for Grabban though does it?

My own thoughts fwiw is that we will play 4-3-3 next season with a new chap up alongside Morrison & Kuqi, with dear old Dougie on the bench. That we still have Scowcroft, Sheringham & young Victor Moses waiting in the wings, perhaps another loan spell for Lewis would do the trick.

The only question I have, is who will this 'fifth' chap be?

With not alot of cash to spend, our options appear limited, Sinclair has gone to Cardiff, Mcleod has been done to death..

A chap suggested Nathan Tyson the other day, but his fee would be circa £1 million, which surely prices us out of the equation..

As a cost effective choice, maybe Jermaine Easter of Wycombe could be prised..

Or as a long shot, an Arsenal reserve, that chap Fonte?

They already have:

Eduardo
Van Persie
Adebayor
Bendtner
& Walcott

Perhaps a cheeky bid on our part?

Espicially as we've been linked with his brother..
Old 13-07-2007, 12:45 PM

FromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
in the course of a day taylor has said he would be after a new keeper if we had money and he wouldnt have released gabor and said he would have signed teddy if anyone had bid for kuqi or scow, hardly inspiring the team.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76

They already have:

Eduardo
Van Persie
Adebayor
Bendtner
& Walcott

A loan would be a good call.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:50 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
Substitute technical for tricky..

It doesn't bode well for Grabban though does it?

My own thoughts fwiw is that we will play 4-3-3 next season with a new chap up alongside Morrison & Kuqi, with dear old Dougie on the bench. That we still have Scowcroft, Sheringham & young Victor Moses waiting in the wings, perhaps another loan spell for Lewis would do the trick.

The only question I have, is who will this 'fifth' chap be?

With not alot of cash to spend, our options appear limited, Sinclair has gone to Cardiff, Mcleod has been done to death..

A chap suggested Nathan Tyson the other day, but his fee would be circa £1 million, which surely prices us out of the equation..

As a cost effective choice, maybe Jermaine Easter of Wycombe could be prised..

They already have:

Eduardo
Van Persie
Adebayor
Bendtner
& Walcott

It's highly probable that whoever we get will be a) a relative unknown [I can't think of any remotely "proven" lower league striker, other than those who have been discussed and all would command fairly hefty fees] and will probably b) fail to inspire fans.

Not bothered as long as whoever it is can do the business on the pitch though. We don't need big names, we need players who will give their all and die for the cause.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:51 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Re: Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4evandeva
Whats the big deal? The comment as quoted makes no real sense any way - the bit about the bids seems in the future, the bit about Sheringham in the past. Either an off the cuff bit of non-answer or the cobbling together of seperate comments. As said elsewhere, PT isn't the greatest with the press, but then we also know the press will "edit" any comment to make it more news worthy, even if it also total changes the meaning of what was actually said.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
It's highly probable that whoever we get will be a) a relative unknown [I can't think of any remotely "proven" lower league striker, other than those who have been discussed and all would command fairly hefty fees] and will probably b) fail to inspire fans.

Not bothered as long as whoever it is can do the business on the pitch though. We don't need big names, we need players who will give their all and die for the cause.
To be fair a loan of one of the top clubs youngsters could inspire.
Old 13-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Noot! Noot!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Taylor wants fifth striker on board

Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
Whats the big deal? The comment as quoted makes no real sense any way - the bit about the bids seems in the future, the bit about Sheringham in the past. Either an off the cuff bit of non-answer or the cobbling together of seperate comments. As said elsewhere, PT isn't the greatest with the press, but then we also know the press will "edit" any comment to make it more news worthy, even if it also total changes the meaning of what was actually said.
However it may have been a sideways move to give Clinton confidence. I'm actually not convinced by it anyway. If he liked Sheringham that much then he could of brought him in instead of giving the Doog a new contract - who is perhaps more in the intelligent, technical link-player mould of Sheringham.
Old 13-07-2007, 01:03 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Taylors comments get more and more worrying as time goes on. Think he is on borrowed tmie personally.

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 13-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Don
Taylors comments get more and more worrying as time goes on. Think he is on borrowed tmie personally.
Xmas will be the key I think..