Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 14-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie
How much does it cost to run the BBS James, or would you rather not disclose that information?
I don't think I answered this, did I?

It's hard to say exactly how much. The regular monthly cost (for the server etc) is approximately £350 - so just over £4k per annum, but there are irregular costs such as software upgrades and occasional hardware upgrades. We still run at a deficit, which is why new subscriptions are always welcome, but we have a reasonable surplus built up from fund raising initiatives over the years.
Old 20-08-2012, 02:28 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Question 1

Would me (and indeed other contributors) switching to standing order benefit the BBS more on account of the lower fees, or would the extra admin outweigh the gain? Happy to switch if better - Paypal bugs me anyway.

Question 2

Why the lack of transparency with BBS finances? It would be nice to see a simple P&L and B/S on an annual basis to see how the good ship is getting along.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 30-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I think it's time I made a contribution. But some questions too.

1) I think I'd rather do a one-time contribution instead of the monthly. I have no idea how much I'll be paying between currency fluctuations and exchange fees. I could be paying $200 by December knowing my luck. So how do I do that? I only use Paypal to buy stuff on Steam.

2) Is CPFC2010 an angel?
Old 17-06-2013, 10:44 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Contributing now
Old 17-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Thanks Karl very much appreciated !
Old 17-06-2013, 04:59 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Thanks Karl - I sent you an email this morning.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks
Question 1

Would me (and indeed other contributors) switching to standing order benefit the BBS more on account of the lower fees, or would the extra admin outweigh the gain? Happy to switch if better - Paypal bugs me anyway.

Question 2

Why the lack of transparency with BBS finances? It would be nice to see a simple P&L and B/S on an annual basis to see how the good ship is getting along.
Sorry I haven't responded to these. Yes, although paypal payments are very welcome, we do pay fees with these, so standing orders are slightly better.

We made a decision at the outset to keep contributions confidential (although contributors are more than welcome to reveal their identities). However, there is no reason why we couldn't provide an annual account of income and outgoings. I would be happy to do this if there is sufficient interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter
I think it's time I made a contribution. But some questions too.

1) I think I'd rather do a one-time contribution instead of the monthly. I have no idea how much I'll be paying between currency fluctuations and exchange fees. I could be paying $200 by December knowing my luck. So how do I do that? I only use Paypal to buy stuff on Steam.

2) Is CPFC2010 an angel?
One time contributions are fine. Many of our Angels have done this. You can make a direct payment into our account (Bank details To view the link you have to Register or Login), or even send us a cheque.

CPFC2010 looks after the Questions thread (as a very limited moderator -although without powers to moderate anywhere else), but is not a contributing 'Angel'.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can I send some real money to a real address? I would do so much more than pay by card. I live in Sweden. Send me a pm if there is a way.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:29 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Thanks Karl - I sent you an email this morning.
Good to read.

I contributed £150 soon after I joined and got no thank you or anything. I decided at that point I would never contribute again.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
We are not infallible mate sometimes things do slip by us (Back then James may have had a life ) but thank you very much for that very large generous donation even if it is a bit late saying ...Again sorry for that all donations are very much appreciated plus you are one of the reasons why we still have a BBS.
Old 17-06-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Good to read.

I contributed £150 soon after I joined and got no thank you or anything. I decided at that point I would never contribute again.
When did you pay this and how did you pay?

I make a point of writing immediately to all new contributors - but occasionally we receive funds without any note of who sent them (this is especially a problem when people send money directly to the account without mentioning a username).

You are listed as an 'Angel' so your payment must have been acknowledged by someone, but I can find no record (and I have kept records of all paypal payments).

If anyone else has made a contribution which has not been acknowledged, would they please let me know?
Old 17-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffle Coat
Can I send some real money to a real address? I would do so much more than pay by card. I live in Sweden. Send me a pm if there is a way.
No - for various reasons we cannot accept cash. Could you not make a direct bank payment into the BBS account? Payment in any currency can be accepted.
Old 17-06-2013, 07:29 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
When did you pay this and how did you pay?

I make a point of writing immediately to all new contributors - but occasionally we receive funds without any note of who sent them (this is especially a problem when people send money directly to the account without mentioning a username).

You are listed as an 'Angel' so your payment must have been acknowledged by someone, but I can find no record (and I have kept records of all paypal payments).

If anyone else has made a contribution which has not been acknowledged, would they please let me know?
I believe at the time it was Paypal, but cannot be sure, as it was back in 2010, but I accept what you are saying, so I withdraw what I said, as I understand mistakes happen.
Old 17-06-2013, 07:36 PM

My god I have to make a very humble apology James.

I have just checked back on PMs just to see if I could find any clue to my payment method. We exchanged PM's as I had probs making the payment at first, and you did indeed thank me(also I have exaggerated my payment it was actually £120).

I promise to hit myself in the face a few times tonight as punishment
Old 17-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
I continue not to charge for my services on this site which, I feel, is admirable.
Old 17-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
I continue not to charge for my services on this site which, I feel, is admirable.
Crap ,guess I have to tear up another cheque.....sigh
Old 17-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
My god I have to make a very humble apology James.

I have just checked back on PMs just to see if I could find any clue to my payment method. We exchanged PM's as I had probs making the payment at first, and you did indeed thank me(also I have exaggerated my payment it was actually £120).

I promise to hit myself in the face a few times tonight as punishment
Pesky Scottish foreigners
Old 17-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
One time contributions are fine. Many of our Angels have done this. You can make a direct payment into our account (Bank details To view the link you have to Register or Login), or even send us a cheque.

James, to do a wire transfer from overseas, I need an address for the BBS and I need the HSBC bank's SWIFT number.
Please can you provide.
Old 17-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Pesky Scottish orange background avatar foreigners

So true
Old 17-06-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Pesky Scottish foreigners
It was the dodgy £30 of money, some I tried to pass to you, that made me think it was £150. James , like you, refused to accept it