Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-02-2002, 04:43 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No more signings this season.

Todays Sun states that TF has confirmed that Ade Akinbiyi will be his last signing of the season.

The former Birmingham manager said: " I am pleased with the squad I have at my disposal. I have bought four players in, so what I need is to get my injured players back."

Do we assume from this then that he has no intention of making Murphys loan deal permanent, that would be a shame, especially if we lose Berhalter sooner rather than later. It is also so refreshing to hear yet another manager moaning about their injury list. This is a contact sport and goes with the territory, why can't they accept this.

The strange thing about the snippet was that the only quote given by TF was the one shown above, at no stage do they actually quote him saying there will be no more signings so it could well be the traditional 'Sun mathematics' of 2+2=5.
Old 23-02-2002, 06:58 PM

Streatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
If true, this is disappointing. What we needed was:

1. A backup for Dougie and Clint, which we could have had for a minimal transfer fee; and

2. A top notch, creative, skillful central midfielder.

Looks like #2, what we really needed, isn't possible because of the high price for Ade. And as a result of the Ade purchase, we've had our manager muck about with what is working well (a front two of Clint and Dougie).
Old 24-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Anonymous Coward

I'm not bleedin' surprised!
After Lackintriyi I wouldn't let TF spend anymore of my money either.
Old 25-02-2002, 01:50 AM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I fear that - francis will be given next season before being shown the door - i just hope i am proved wrong about francis' appointment
Old 25-02-2002, 02:06 AM
Anonymous Coward

At last hes making sense!

If only we didnt sign Akinbiyi it would be perfect.
Hes got a gr8 yth team at his disposal, he could have used Kabba as 3rd striker. Robert Kember in Midfield, I also was disapointed he didnt keep Pollock.
Old 25-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Firstly,

FRANCIS did not sign Akinbiyi, it was JORDAN.

Saying that though, I reckon Francis whinged on and on about AA and that's why Jordan acted.
Old 25-02-2002, 09:43 PM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Francis must have wanted Akinbiyi
Give him time ade will come good in a well organised team
Old 26-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
..... good in a well organised team
Then he better leave Palace asap