Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-05-2010, 10:30 PM
infiltrator

StuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not played in Ireland since playing Dingle in 1985 and getting my first ever par
have an Irish mate who loves Doonbeg and Ballybunion and he is a decent golfer so enjoy!!
Old 30-05-2010, 10:55 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Played a small pitch and putt course yesterday and was planning on playing the big course afterwards but tool a rain check for another day. Did however manage to shoot 9 over on the pitch and putt, got a couple of birdies, one of which was on one of the par 4's with a 30 foot putt.

Tried a new putting grip out and was draining putts all over the place.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 30-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Keep smiling

Happy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsHappy Happy FC was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick
Not played in Ireland since playing Dingle in 1985 and getting my first ever par
have an Irish mate who loves Doonbeg and Ballybunion and he is a decent golfer so enjoy!!

Thanks
Old 31-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Back On The Circuit.

Vince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im moving to Kuala Lumpur next month and now get a corporate membership here - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Managed to sneak out of the office this afternoon and play 9 holes at a course which I originally thought was a load of crap. We took a rain check on Saturday at Rivenhall golf club in Witham, Essex, and went back today to play it as I won't have much spare time over the next few weeks due to my wife going into hospital on Friday to have our second child. Anyway, the course was in absolutely fantastic condition, very surprising from a course that doesn't have a dress code and lets anyone play.

Greens were very true, cut short, green and pretty quick. Fairways were immaculately cut, very green and weren't so short that it was like you were playing off concrete but not so long that it held the ball up. The rough was cut fairly short for the best part of the course making your ball easy to spot but not all that easy to get out of. Only played 9 holes, par 36, shot a 45!!! (Play off 24) Couldn't believe it, if I hadn't pulled my tee shot into the trees on the 6th then I might possibly have been able to make 43 or 44.

Cant wait to get out there again and play some more, unfortunately i'm not sure if that is going to be anytime soon.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester
To view the link you have to Register or Login
That is ridiculous. Have some rep.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
I played at The Kent and Surrey in Edenbridge on Sunday, went round in 99, which I was fairly happy with seeing as I don't have a handicap and have never played there before. I actually somehow managed to win the day as we were playing Stableford and I was playing off 28 for the day so amassed 33 points! I am pretty rubbish though, but not been playing long - what are everyone's handicaps on here and how long you been playing?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 AM

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone tried or have any opinions on the Titleist 909D Comp driver and the 909 F2 fairway wood?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I am The HULK

Bellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
what happened to Chris Wood at the Celtic Manor Wales Open? He was leading before today and now doesn't seem to be anywhere

BBS Honours
Betting Masters World Cup 2010 - Runner up
Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Get to try out my clubs for the first time tomorrow. Very excited

Ill take the camera out as well for some course shots
Old 23-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Re-start this thread after a pause - played Betchworth Park this afternoon while England were playing (wife playing there in a Lady Captain's away day tomorrow and wanted a sighter round!) Enjoyed it and got 40 points - suited my game based on a decent drive and a long iron to the many par 4's.

Plus: Excellent greens and surrounds, lots of bunkers in awkward places, lovely surroundings, mature trees making it nice and enclosed

Minus: Fairways very "tight lies" with very short grass and baked ground already, sand in bunkers very poor, only 2 par 5's (3 for ladies).

Worth a round I feel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 25-06-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 25-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I played Lambourne Golf Club in Bucks a couple of weeks ago. Very good layout if you get a chance to play it.
Old 25-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04
That is ridiculous. Have some rep.

so fake
Old 25-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
Having a few problems with the driver at the moment. Spraying it around like a mad man. The thing is, if the driver goes well the rest just clicks into place. I play off 4 so generally play solid. Anyone got any good tips for keeping it in play? The shots are either pulls or pushes. Don't really hit slices and hooks are rare. My natural shot is a gentle draw.
Old 25-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Back after 6 years

y2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrection
Played Hoebridge in Woking last night. Course is in terrible shape. Bone dry, the fairways have no grass on them and the greens had been overwatered on some holes. Shot 94 when I'd normally go round in about 10 shots less.

Well the state of the course is my excuse for a crap round anyway

BBS NFL Fantasy Football Champion 2010
Old 25-06-2010, 02:17 PM

My woods arrive next week and then my new set is complete. woot.

Aiming to get my proper handicap back, played off 7 when i moved out here. So frustrating not being able to play regularly.
Old 25-06-2010, 02:19 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I'm still playing off 24 but at the moment I'm managing to play to approximately 18 which i'm really chuffed about. Does anyone know of an official handicap website where I can keep log of rounds etc?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 25-06-2010, 02:23 PM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Played the gf's dad last night at a course he plays quite a bit and i have played a few time with him. Had my best round in 6 years since injuring my knee even though i carded a 9 on a par 3. Problem was he had his best ever round and still beat me by 10.

One of those crazy golf moments though on the par 3 shortly after i carded my 9, i hit my tee shot onto the green. He put his short and left, and proceeded to hit his second straight into teh bunker up against the face of about 3 foot. We both laughed at what an impossible position it was and how he was looking at 3 or 4 probably just to get out of the bunker. Anyway he takes a swing the ball goes vertical, comes out lands on the green, spins rolls and drops in the hole. Kind of thing you very rarely see on the telly but to actually watch the person you are playing with do it it just bizarre.
Old 25-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
so fake
It was Vijay at last years Masters Par 3 comp.