Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Mike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Is there anyone on here who lives near or in Essex?
Don't live there, but work in Essex (Warley). Always up for a game in the evening when it is light enough. Two of my friends did 9 holes around Sth Essex on Monday after work.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:23 AM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
Also played Lingfield, played it when there was a race meeting on and going down one of the holes you could hear and feel the ground vibrate as the horses coming round the top bend of the course, really odd!
Possibly helpful if you leave your putt that fraction short and it is sitting on the edge of the cup?
Old 29-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not so helpful if you tend to leave putts 3ft short or 6ft long like me though...
Old 29-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
when I started playing with my Dad, he'd always make me pay him a pound if I left my putts short. I never paid him, but it was a good way of teaching me.

Leaving putts short now infuriates me. Got to give the ball a chance!

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I err on the side of a more traditional style of club, but not to the level of stuffiness (one of my friends played where they enforced knee length socks with shorts which is a bit too much for me!). A personal view is that poor dress & etiquette leads to badly managed play - ie slow play, bad condition courses, bags dumped on greens, mobiles going etc etc) but that there needs to be some flex. Bletchingley has a rule that ankle or just above style socks must be worn with shorts, and that they should be white, when someone turned up with black ones on the pro kindly sold him some new ones! We have a no caps policy in the club house, have a spike bar and also have the general types of rules - eg no overt sportswear other than golf gear, shirts tucked in, caps forward on the head, no denim on the course (but allowed in the bar/restuarant area as we do external lunches etc) etc, but have made changes to reflect the changing styles of the professional game such as crew/turtle neck style shirts, winter thermal gear etc (but not PGA style spitting...).

Saunton & RND are the only two clubs I have played who have asked for H/c certificates, while The Addington & Saunton both have formal starters and marshalls. Neither are particularly stuffy for those facts.

The H/c certificate one is a real thorn for clubs that are not fully member owned. We don't request them but personally I think we should for basic green fees. I look at it this way, members guests are the member's responsibility so shouldn't need one, Societies have an organiser, again that person takes responsibility, but walk ons have no check or balance on whether they should be allowed near a properly functioning course - ie will they not wreck the fairways & greens, can they play at a decent pace etc? But this then comes down to the need to be a member of a club of some form to get an official H/c, and also the need for all clubs to raise revenue. In the end, if you are not a Saunton or Addington you probably have to risk no H/c proof, but I do think that clubs should be more rigorous on kicking people off who are clearly not doing the acceptable things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 29-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Mike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Yeah, I've played Lingfield once and loved it. Played terrible, but loved the course. We'll probably go for Chartham Park one day, then Lingfield the next, though am interested in people's views on Royal Ashdown too
Played the West Course regularly over the years with my last round in Nov 2009. I love it as it is reasonably short for a high handicap player (5600 I think) but narrow in places so you have to think your way round. Greens were always good but I haven't seen them for a year so who knows. Nice views, nice trees and up and down enough to make it interesting. I intend to go back sometime in the Summer so a condition report would be appreciated.

Also has anyone played Selsdon Park in the past month. I played on the 20th and the greens were in a very poor state. It has improved a lot over the past few years but almost seems to be going backwards. They have had problems retaining greenkeepers in the past.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:13 AM
infiltrator

StuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I only played Ashdown once in the winter but even then was in good nick, definately worth a visit. Lingfield is pretty nice too and at 2fore1 well worth it. Love Chartham
Old 29-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
So, 2x 2fore1 vouchers, and 3 courses to choose from. We're definitely going to go for Chartham, what would you peeps go for out of Lingfield and Royal Ashdown. I'm tempted to go for RA as neither me or my other half has played that one.

Also, does anyone have any experience of The Oxfordshire? We're getting married in June, and won't be going on honeymoon until a week later, so we're planning on a little pre-honeymoon break away to a hotel and golf course, and we're liking the look of The Oxfordshire

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 29-03-2011, 11:41 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So, 2x 2fore1 vouchers, and 3 courses to choose from. We're definitely going to go for Chartham, what would you peeps go for out of Lingfield and Royal Ashdown. I'm tempted to go for RA as neither me or my other half has played that one.

Also, does anyone have any experience of The Oxfordshire? We're getting married in June, and won't be going on honeymoon until a week later, so we're planning on a little pre-honeymoon break away to a hotel and golf course, and we're liking the look of The Oxfordshire
Played both Lingfield and Royal Ashdown and I'd definitely go with Royal Ashdown. Lingfield pisses me off a lot as 4 of the holes are on the other side of the racecourse and if you get the slightest bit of rain they shut the holes because the condition of the ground is so poor, although not played it for 8+ years so that may have changed now. Haven't played Royal Ashdown for a long time but I used to love that golf course. Back in the day when I was still classed as a junior we were able to get a twilight round after 4pm in the summer holidays and pay £4 each, great value and a course that has some fantastic views across the forest. I'd definitely go for that one.

I must get down to Chartham Park this summer and play the course again, been 7 or 8 years since I was last there and still haven't seen the clubhouse since they renovated it and made it in to a health club as well as golf.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 29-03-2011, 11:43 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Douglas
Don't live there, but work in Essex (Warley). Always up for a game in the evening when it is light enough. Two of my friends did 9 holes around Sth Essex on Monday after work.
Well if you ever get a day off fella then let me know, I'm still trying to get to grips with the course I have signed up as a member at (Forrester Park) so trying to play there as much as possible to stand a chance of getting better and getting a handicap. I get some great rates for guests though so if you want to join me one day then please feel free.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 29-03-2011, 11:48 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
got some 2-4-1 vouchers the other day for free, so am going to use them over the Easter period (we've taken those 3 days off to get a nice long break).

As we're in East Grinstead, we're thinking of playing Chartham Park one day (we're members of the gym there and the course looks nice), and either Lingfield or Royal Ashdown.

I've played Lingfield once a really liked it, has anyone played Chartham or Royal Ashdown?
Chartham course is fantastic, lots of water though so be careful! Not a dull hole on the course if you ask me, all of them have some kind of obstacle you have to get around or over and the bitch of a 13th which is a massive par 3 not to mention the 16th which is the feature hole, lots of water and a very difficult hole if you don't hit a good tee shot, you'll see it on the left side just past the driving range as you come into the car park. I'm sure you'll like it and wouldn't be surprised if you then ditch the gym membership for a golf membership.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 30-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Not quite what you think

Aunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Auction Items - Chance to bid on golf related and others.

As you will hopefully have seen at the top of the General Palace Discussion forum, there is a golf day next Monday at Sweetwoods Park to raise monies for the Crystal Palace Supporters Children’s Charity. The charity entertains children, that are less fortunate than most, at each home game in the safety of an an executive box. Also the charity arranges a Christmas Party for around 120 children at Selhurst Park each December.
On the night we will auction a number items, you can enter a “sealed bid” up to 9.00 pm on Sunday 3rd April. If your bid is not beaten on the night, the item is yours.
Simply PM Aunty Alyce with the item your want and your bid
1) Items Four Ball at Brocket Hall Golf Club – Mon to Thurs – on either of the two championship courses valid for 6 months from 4.4.11

Normal green fees c£130 per player

2) Four Ball at Shrivenham Golf Club, Wilts SN6 8EX 1 hr 20 mins from Guildford – Any day = Green Fees Mon to Fri £15 Sat & Sun £25
I Includes a one hour playing lesson with the Pro value £45 (a BBS member !!)

3) Four Ball at Sweetwoods Golf Club – Mon to Fri until 31.10.11
Martyin Long’s course and where our Golf Day will be on Monday 4th April
Green Fees £25 per person

More details to follow on:

4) Four Ball at Bletchingley Golf Club – Reigate, Surrey

5) Four Ball at Cowdray Park Midhurst Sussex GU29 0BB
Green fees £50 per person

6) Four Ball at East Sussex National, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 5ES UK
Green fees Sun to Thurs £50 Fri & Sat £60

7) Two ball at Woodlands Manor Golf Club, Sevenoaks, Kent. TN15 6AB
Monday £21, Tuesday to Thursday £25, Friday £29.00 Weekends after 13:00pm £34.00

8) Signed & Framed Palace shirt. Signed by the Palace squad on 6th December 2010

9) Signed Match Ball. Signed by the Palace squad on 6th December 2010

10) Bluebell Railway – Fish ‘n Chip supper on board a steam hauled train Fridays at 6.30 pm - May to September –subject to availability
To view the link you have to Register or Login
11) Fontana Nescafé Dolce Gusto by Krups – Coffee Machine
The slim Fontana is the multifunction espresso machine that can serve chocolate and milk, coffee espresso, latte macchiato or cappuccino. All you need are the Nescafé Dolce Gusto capsules, available in your supermarket, local retailer or online, and the machine of course, which sells for around £120.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
12) Large Limited Edition Cricket Print - England versus Australia – Great Match at Lords – July 1886

Last edited by Aunty Alyce; 30-03-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 30-03-2011, 01:52 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Just so you know in case you are printing stuff up for the event, the course in Uckfield that's giving away a four ball for the auction is actually the East Sussex National.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 30-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Not quite what you think

Aunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good spot....thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good lad, great gesture. Hope he gets a couple of wins

Ryo Ishikawa, the world No45, has announced that he will be giving all of his tournament earnings this year to the victims of the earthquake and tsunami in his native Japan.

Kyodo News has reported that the 19-year-old Ishikawa is also pledging 100,000 yen (£750) for every birdie he makes. If he plays similar to last year, Ishikawa could wind up giving more than £1.25m toward relief efforts.

"I feel thrilled," he said. "My goal is 200m yen [£1.5m]. I have enough money to spend for my golf. I still have savings. I believe this is the most positive way for me to spend money."

He was No3 on the Japan golf tour money list in 2010, making just over £1.1m, which includes his earnings from the PGA majors and the World Golf Championship. He led the tour by making 341 birdies last year, which would add up to another £255,750.

Ishikawa won his first pro tournament as a 15-year-old amateur and has earned more than 100m yen each year since turning professional in 2008, aged 16.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM

I shall be leading the "Sendero Luminoso" (which is a Maoist insurgent guerrilla organization) at Sweetwoods tomorrow, so if any of you are there please feel free to make yourself known and buy me a beer.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Douglas
I shall be leading the "Sendero Luminoso" (which is a Maoist insurgent guerrilla organization) at Sweetwoods tomorrow, so if any of you are there please feel free to make yourself known and buy me a beer.
Look out for THE WHITEHORSE HACKERS too!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The shouting of GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!! should be punished by automatic ejection from the course

The greens at The Oaks Carshalton are quite superb atm

Don't waste your money on Woods next week

That is all.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:

having played all 3 courses regularly (was a member at both Lingfield and Ashdown, and Chartham is about 500 yards from my house) id say its difficult to choose between them! Chartham is fantastic and i always seem to play well there, Lingfield has improved a lot of the last few years and they have done a lot of work on the greens and tee's, last time I played the greens were in really good condition. Ashdown is good if you like something a little different, because its in the forrst it has something of a lynx type effect to it but the greens can be dodgy
Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just finished a Golf Rules School given by the R&A in Bali. 3 days finishing with an exam (waiting results). Expected a couple of teachers but there were 4 of them and when they introduced themselves I realised this was serious. The 2 lead teachers were the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the R&A Rules Committee no less. These are the guys who write the rules

They said that the R&A invests 5 million quid a year into developing golf around the world. They had just been to China and Vietnam and then they are off to Augusta as referees. They give their time for free, just have to provide hotel and food for them.

100 people attended from 6 countries. Well worth the time.