Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
haven't played an 'action' game on a pc for donkey's years.
the xbox won't be as accurate as a pc, but I haven't had any great difficulty with bow/spell accuracy
Old 21-11-2011, 11:08 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Is this playable on console? I played oblivion on PC, and I'm wondering how well bow, spells, etc work on a 360?
Only played on the Xbox but haven't found it too bad despite being a PC gamer.
Old 21-11-2011, 12:24 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is this playable on console? I played oblivion on PC, and I'm wondering how well bow, spells, etc work on a 360?
Apparently works pretty well on a controller - see To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-11-2011, 02:06 PM

charl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Niro
Quote:
If I had the choice of this on console or PC, I would go PC ALL day.

Aiming with bows is pretty tough on console, and only being able to Hotkey 2 weapons (not even full setups just one weapon) is pretty ridiculous.

If your comp is good enough the performance will no doubt be better too.

FWL Honours:
Season XX - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XX - FA Cup Winners
Season XVIII - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XVIII - Championship Winners
Season XVII- League 1 Winners
Old 21-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Getting this for virtually free from Amazon (had some points saved up on some shopping cashback scheme), liked Oblivion, but hated the random gates that appeared that were a bit the same, should be here end of the week.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 21-11-2011, 07:42 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1664
Getting this for virtually free from Amazon (had some points saved up on some shopping cashback scheme), liked Oblivion, but hated the random gates that appeared that were a bit the same, should be here end of the week.
Same here, I hated those things - generally found the landscape in Oblivion to be too repetitive and samey. Thankfully none of that in Skyrim
Old 21-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Still going to be a cat no matter what, they are just too cool.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

Old 22-11-2011, 05:17 PM

bouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses growbouncebckablty knows where the wild roses grow
Haven't played any of the Elder scrolls series. Would it be easy to get into? Heard this game is amazing!

all of the time!

You say that you need me!

You'll always be mine..

and im feeling Glad all over!
Old 22-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
This made me laugh:

Old 23-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
haha

I've got a new follower, can't remember her name, but follows after the Azura Star quest.

HARD AS NAILS! She has an awesome shock magic attack, conjures a flame atronach every attack (nothing special I know) and uses dual daggers.

At the minute I'm wandering around filling up some soul gems, I just zap the creature/bandit/whatever and she does the rest. Bears are nothing but pelt, claws and sitting in a soul gem in seconds!

I won't keep her all the time, but taking her when hunting and gathering, I just need to do the gathering
Old 23-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My Lydia just died

Got some bloke beginning with V now.
Didn't realise that if you gave followers weapons & armour to carry, that they'd equip them.
Hopefully V will last longer than Lydia !
Old 23-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Always a bit unsure on whether to use followers or not, i tend to bottle it and use them anyway and then get fed up with them and send them on their way due to blocking doorways etc. Also i think its better to not use them as they end up nicking potential XP points and ting.

What a game though!
Old 23-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Eep! Woot!

I'm fine fighting most things one on one, but when loadsa baddies suddenly attack at once, I find it's handy to have someone to absorb some of the damage!
Old 23-11-2011, 06:23 PM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_flake
Always a bit unsure on whether to use followers or not, i tend to bottle it and use them anyway and then get fed up with them and send them on their way due to blocking doorways etc. Also i think its better to not use them as they end up nicking potential XP points and ting.

What a game though!
You won't lose too many skill points from fighting with a companion.

I also read that some of the quests are set up to a certain difficulty where you are supposed to have a companion with you.
Old 23-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
I take it as an Oblivion lover that this should be on my Christmas list?
Old 23-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

Is the main quest obvious to follow, lot of complaints that people have finished the game on level 22 after not much play time, whereas the side quests add on most of the time.

Old 23-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Ive never seen a game with so many side quests, ive got about 25 in my main list and about 30 in the misc list, just got the '50 misc quests' achievement which i couldn't quite believe, i honestly thought id done about 10! Its almost like everyone you speak to sends you on a little mission.

You can pretty much finish the main quest on whatever level you want i think? i haven't really got that far yet, judging by the amount of shit to do i'll prob start the main quest in i dunno, march 2013?
Old 23-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'm sure I heard a figure of 300 hours of game play..
Old 23-11-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
I'm sure I heard a figure of 300 hours of game play..
That is what Bethesda said but they have DLC coming out early next year apparently, just to add another 50 odd hours.
Old 24-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Eating Organic Thistles

lol and I am rubbish at games takes me twice as long as anybody else