Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Nice Marmit

Voldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo
Closing in 2 weeks.

My first ever job was in Allders, spent 5 years there. My mum still does. Really sad

Sad day - My Dad has worked there for over 30 years.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldo
It leaves a pretty big gap in central croydon. One which i assume will be a long time empty. Are there still plans for westfield to take over the whitgift centre. George street, st georges walk cannot afford to really become anymore run down.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will no doubt end up being replaced by a Primark or TK Maxx. Sad times indeed.
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
Westfield presumably whilst being a bit soulless would be a god send for croydon. Who else is going to have the money to invest in the area. It is so needed as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldo
Nearly 20 for my Mum

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Does Croydon have any unique shops any more?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Against EPPP

The Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We we're looking for a new 3 piece suite recently and looked in Allders as they we're advertising massive discounts. Even after 50/60% off most of their suites were 5000.00+.
Guess I'm more of a DFS kind of guy
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Westfield are meant to be regenerating The Whitgift while Hammersons are doing Centrale,well The Drummond part of it anyway.

Still sad news when you consider that Croydon once was recognised as the best shopping centre outside The West End not so long back.

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 AM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE
Does Croydon have any unique shops any more?
Forbidden Planet? (Loved by geeks and webmasters throughout South London and beyond)

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Forbidden Planet have 9 locations throughout the UK.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
Probably a bloody Weatherspoons!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes sad to see a lovely long established store go under, a sign of the times i suppose. I must admit i have some good and bad memories, the good,who could forget the "bargain basement" of the 70's, also being able to buy most items without having to go to central london. Yes you got a comprehensive choice in a good envioronment. Now for the bad, I was with my wife and son aged 3 buying an icecream, this was early 80's i believe, the stall was on the 1st floor near the rear exit, when this girl with a baby in a push chair, who as it turned out had been stopped for shoplifting and as it also turned out was high on drugs, being held by security men in the room opposite, then she decided to walk out before the police arrived. With all the shouting and swearing that was going on my wife unfortunately happened to look in the direction of this woman who then turned on my wife with all the usual that follows, when i said to her "do you mind not swearing at my wife" and that was all i said. But it was like waving a red rag to a bull, she pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the chest saying take that, thankfully in a slashing motion, so i was not very seriously injured. Police arrived and she was arrested and charged, went to court (3 day trial), found guilty of GBH, but it seemed as she had a baby, and even though had a previous history of assualts got away with a fine. I was left dumbfounded, good old British justice. All this happened just by wanting to buy my son an icecream.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
closing on 22

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I shall miss walking through the perfume counter, probably Surrey and South London's sexiest half a hectare.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Purley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPurley_Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Could turn the downstairs perfume area into a temp ice rink in time for Xmas.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice
I shall miss walking through the perfume counter, probably Surrey and South London's sexiest half a hectare.
You find fully grown oompa loompa's attractive?!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo

My first ever job was in Allders
Mine too. In the shoe department. Spent a hot summer with women's sweaty feet. Sad news.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne man
Got me thinking of their main rivals in the 70's Kennards, did they really do donkey rides in the store or do i need to take my medication
I certainly remember pony rides through the arcade when I was a kid.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
I certainly remember pony rides through the arcade when I was a kid.

Great pic, what is in the background, which direction is that facing
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
forbidden planet shut in croydon?
sad day Allders going must admit dont like going to Croydon rip off parking prices ,you cant beat bluewater for that