Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Afghanistan already two down after 8 balls. This will be over quick...
In B4 ‘Afghanistan getting goosed’.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:56 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
they need to be booed continously for the whole summer. Day 4 of the Oval test I will be booing the whole day so I apologise to those near me*

* we all know it'll be washed out but just saying what I would have done
I'll be doing the same for Days 1 & 2. Anyone able to help out with Days 3 &/or 5?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:11 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I'll be doing the same for Days 1 & 2. Anyone able to help out with Days 3 &/or 5?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:54 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can do day five.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
You should easily be able to pick up day five tickets. Always less sales for fifth day of a test. Although oval does usually go the five.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Is Mitchell Starc known s a potential chucker??
Better known as pizza face.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So far it's a bit of a fast bowlers world cup so far, hope it continues.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
You're better than that Aki!
Old 01-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
You're better than that Aki!
Sorry Jim
Old 01-06-2019, 06:34 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
So far it's a bit of a fast bowlers world cup so far, hope it continues.
i am impressed by this new look Warner, who played a very non warner innings.

If the Sun comes out more it will be a batsman's world cup and the weather forecast looks good for next two weeks, so bit of wait and see I suppose
Old 01-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The last few games have shown the big drawback to the One Group format: the fact that the weaker teams will just roll around the venues for a month getting beat. You don’t get the flushing effect that mini-groups provide.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
The last few games have shown the big drawback to the One Group format: the fact that the weaker teams will just roll around the venues for a month getting beat. You don’t get the flushing effect that mini-groups provide.
Afghanistan at least look spirited and entertaining, even though they aren't going to win much. Which is more than can be said for Pakistan on the basis of their first match.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:56 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Afghanistan at least look spirited and entertaining, even though they aren't going to win much. Which is more than can be said for Pakistan on the basis of their first match.
I was very impressed by their bowling and fielding. I can see them winning couple of games and they can cause an upset which is good for the game
Old 02-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Palace 'til i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I was very impressed by their bowling and fielding. I can see them winning couple of games and they can cause an upset which is good for the game
I thought they played very well, although their keeper looks a bit iffy.

Aussies look strong, way better than last year.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Must be hard being perfect.
Get in the nets with him and say it braveheart.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Palace 'til i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Must be hard being perfect.
Get in the nets with him and say it braveheart.

Would love to, so long as he didn't bring the sandpaper he claimed to not know about. That might make him angry.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Would love to, so long as he didn't bring the sandpaper he claimed to not know about. That might make him angry.
Starc is a very good bowler but I do wish he would cut out the trying to be a bad man routine, he’s as about as intimidating as a rice pudding
Old 02-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
No you wouldn't.

Mike Atherton, James Anderson, Stuart Broad and the rest of the mint sucking, dirt in pocket brigade might be in denial as well. Thank god for Mark Trescothick hey. At least one of your lot was honest about it all.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
The format of the World Cup is always going to be a tricky one because there is not a one-size fits all solution.

Option One

You could have a 16-Team World Cup which is the current ODI Ranking list from the ICC. 4 groups of 4 - with the top two going through to the Quarters.

England, India, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Scotland, Nepal, UAE & Papua New Guinea would be the current list.

Option Two

You could have the current format where you run the risk of some "minnows" turning up to put in spirited performances 9x in a row for no actual results.

Option Three

I quite like the idea of having competitions within competitions though.

There are currently 12 teams with Full ICC Ranking status (for Test/ODI/T20):

Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies & Zimbabwe

There a further 4 teams with Associate ODI Status:

Holland, Nepal, Scotland & UAE.

I would split the top 8 in the rankings - Group A, who play in a round-robin (7 matches) and the bottom 8 in the rankings/associates - Group B, who play in a round-robin (7 matches).

The top 5 from the top 8 group and the top 3 from the bottom 8 group would then go into a seeded quarter-final, semi-final etc. route:

1st A vs. 3rd B
2nd A vs. 2nd B
3rd A vs. 1st B
4th A vs. 5th A

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
I thought they played very well, although their keeper looks a bit iffy.

Aussies look strong, way better than last year.

Aussies do look strong and the Afghani wicketkeeper is fat like me haha but more athletic than me sadly