Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: Who won?
Corbyn won 74 52.86%
Johnson won 24 17.14%
Score Draw 9 6.43%
No score draw 33 23.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-11-2019, 09:28 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Johnson vs Corbyn - who won?

First debate done. What do you think?
Old 19-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Corbyn won but he needed to overhaul a massive goal difference and only got a couple
Old 19-11-2019, 10:20 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Draw both are embarrassing either representing us as our Pm is cringeworthy
Old 19-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Corbyn did go up a notch or two in my estimation. So based on that, which was a very low bar, he won. I’m still not keen, but Johnson is the second biggest **** after **** face Farage

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 19-11-2019, 10:34 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Johnson vs Corbyn - who won?

Corbyn. Had a range of answers across various topics and came off well on some potential banana skins.

Boris had **** all. Bullshit bluster and Brexit. When the debate started to get away from him he he attempted to bully the host, attack Corbyn and double down on Brexit. The man is a fraud.

Last edited by Joe85; 19-11-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 20-11-2019, 01:46 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Looks like corbyn smashed it.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:18 AM

Mr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr_Gristle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
No, that's too generous. He did a good job of sounding like he genuinely cares about improving matters for the average person though.

Johnson has nothing beyond a handful of stock phrases and smear. Sadly that's all his base vote need to hear, it seems.

Routine 2 nil win for Corbyn. Hopefully Johnson's "Get Brexit Done" becomes the new "Strong and Stable" and he's outed for the charlatan he is. Either that or his press allies photoshop him into renaissance era grand masters walking on water, healing the sick, etc.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:20 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
They were both as evasive and pointless as eachother.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
They were both as evasive and pointless as eachother.
But Corbyn was less evasive and came across better than the bumbling clown that has worn sooooo thin. This is horrible for me itís like having a choice of either Moan U or Brighton winning the PL.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-11-2019, 08:34 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Corbyn should have won it convincingly but he lacked a striker so Boris scrapped a score draw.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 20-11-2019, 08:40 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
The elephant in the room is there are swathes of simpletons anf gullible idiots and "get brexit done" is all they need to be fed and as long as johnson kept bringing it back to that,the rest was noise that'll be forgotten tomorrow.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gristle View Post
No, that's too generous. He did a good job of sounding like he genuinely cares about improving matters for the average person though.

Johnson has nothing beyond a handful of stock phrases and smear. Sadly that's all his base vote need to hear, it seems.

Routine 2 nil win for Corbyn. Hopefully Johnson's "Get Brexit Done" becomes the new "Strong and Stable" and he's outed for the charlatan he is. Either that or his press allies photoshop him into renaissance era grand masters walking on water, healing the sick, etc.
I had been out for a drink when I posted and think your analysis above is a better one
Old 20-11-2019, 09:12 AM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Corbyn did extremely well. I was amazed at how polite he was given the grubby little piece of shit he was debating with.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Probationary User

Kestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKestoneagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Corbyn did go up a notch or two in my estimation. So based on that, which was a very low bar, he won. Iím still not keen, but Johnson is the second biggest **** after **** face Farage
This.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Corbyn was better, not because he was actually saying anything of substance but because Johnson had a default switch to turn everything back to getting Brexit done which became so repetitive that even he started laughing at himself.

All in all, utterly uninspiring and i'm probably more worried about the election than before the debate as either way I think we're ****ed
Old 20-11-2019, 09:24 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Corbyn definately came off better, I think, but if I was him, I would have ruled myself out of voting in a future referendum on the EU, and said that I was doing so, that it would have no influence on what would be a question to the public which is our policy, and that I would be urging all members of my cabinet and the shadow cabinets to do so, to demonstrate we are not representing outside influences or personal opinions in a matter that we intend to put to the people.

And that this would be my position on all referendums - that I would forgoe my own personal enfranchisement, as a gesture to demonstrate my will to represent the people.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:29 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Corbyn needs anew pair of glasses?

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-11-2019, 09:56 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Absolute waste of time.

Anyone who was corbyn/labour says he won

Anyone who was Tory/Johnson says he won

Anyone who was hoping for genuine debate or insight thinks it was a waste of time.

The lack of anything of value, mainly due to that annoying woman interrupting every time they started to expand on the buzzwords an bullshit means it was just boost to any preconceived bias viewers had.

Boris is a ratbag. The government the worst in years yet corbyn is the only guy many could think is worse. What a choice
Old 20-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
This some of the most deluded rubbish I have read on the politics forum.
Because you agree with Corbyn doesn't mean he won, preaching to the converted doesn't impress anyone.
Corbyn has the advantage here as he can criticise the Tory and Johnson government performance, Corbyn can't be criticised in the same way. In many ways the incumbent is a sitting duck. The only professional objective poll I've seen is YouGov which has Johnson as a marginal winner. Which quite frankly is shocking given Corbyn's inbuilt advantage.
To add to this you have to ask what votes they were picking up. I can't see how that performance helps Corbyn much. Certainly not on the Brexit front and I doubt the standard nonsense about selling off the NHS will ever stick.
On the other hand its clear what Johnson was doing by repeating his get Brexit done mantra. Speaking directly to prospective Brexit Party voters to try for their vote in Labour marginals.
So not only did Corbyn fail to get what should have been an easy win he effectively allowed Johnson to pitch for votes in leave Labour seats.

Still tell yourselves Corbyn won you'll feel better but it was an opportunity lost by him.
Old 20-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not a Corbyn fan and I think a half decent performer could take Johnson apart. But that is nothing compared to the contempt I have for Johnson. An utterly despicable individual of mediocre intellect, promoted way above his station because he can recall the odd phrase in Latin. I've had to dip out of a lot of the election coverage because he makes me so angry and it has the potential to damage my relationships with anyone who says they can vote for him.