Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:01 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Bored

I'm not complacent. I don't expect anything but I can't believe we are where we are in the league and at the same time I've ******* hated this season. We've been absolutely shit, uninspiring. Apart from ayew, guaita and Cahill. The rest have been inept. Let's lance the boil and sell wilf to chelsea while people still want him.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:06 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
How dare you.

You should still feel the exact same thrill of excitement as when we survived our first season.

Don’t get entitled. We are just a small club. Survival is all we should dream of.

The managers job isn’t to entertain. Football isn’t entertainment. As long as we have a certain number of points in a column on a table year after year, that’s all that matters. And if we have to play the most mind-numbing, negative football with a team of donkeys to accomplish that, then so be it.

That’s the price of our existence in the promise land of the premier league.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:07 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i think today showed us that it's not going to be easy for us in the championship after wilf leaves.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:08 PM

newish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
How dare you.

You should still feel the exact same thrill of excitement as when we survived our first season.

Don’t get entitled. We are just a small club. Survival is all we should dream of.

The managers job isn’t to entertain. Football isn’t entertainment. As long as we have a certain number of points in a column on a table year after year, that’s all that matters. And if we have to play the most mind-numbing, negative football with a team of donkeys to accomplish that, then so be it.

That’s the price of our existence in the promise land of the premier league.
But that's what makes it a touch boring isn't it?
Old 05-01-2020, 04:09 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve been bored with it for ages.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:10 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Firstly, I hugely admire Roy and I think him and the boys have achieved a lot this season, however the writing is on the wall in the long term.

Once Wilf goes I really really dread going to Selhurst every week. I cannot see anything on the pitch that suggests Roy uses tactics as a means to deliver goals, he uses tactics to avoid letting in goals and to bore our opponents into submission. We're pretty good at that. As a season ticket holder it is miserable watching our goalie pass to a defender, Luka drops in a few yards away, receives the ball, looks sideways, turns back - kicks it to the defender who then hoofs it - it's so so so f**king boring.

We need youth in our squad. Our squad is one of the oldest in the league, that is a real problem in the long term. These players aren't going to get any better. We have no creativity in midfield.

We haven't scored a goal from outside the penalty area this season.

I feel for Roy, the owners have relied on managerial hail marys far too long now. Roy will probably just about keep us up, the owners will feel vindicated in their penny pinching and short sighted recruitment - rinse and repeat. We'll be back at Selhurst next year, playing for 1-0 wins, without the only player who makes me excited when I see his name on the team sheet.

We've come a long way, it's great to have consistent survival in the Premier League - but it's ok to say, this is getting boring and it's really taking the edge off going to Palace for me.

Last edited by alanlee11; 05-01-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:10 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
I'm not complacent. I don't expect anything but I can't believe we are where we are in the league and at the same time I've ******* hated this season. We've been absolutely shit, uninspiring. Apart from ayew, guaita and Cahill. The rest have been inept. Let's lance the boil and sell wilf to chelsea while people still want him.
Glad you are young enough to grow up in the excitement of the early 80's then waiting for another eternity until Coppell found his gem's from the lower leagues. Kitteridge, Aylott, Stebbing, Hill etc. God, it was awful. That was boredom, and the fans leaving in their droves under Mullery, actually, it was frightening
Old 05-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We're completely unwatchabe without Zaha in the side. Seriosuly, so many boring nothing midfielders. How have we gone from:

Zaha Benteke
Loftus-Cheek Cabaye Milivojevic Townsend
PVA Sakho Tomkins Wan-Bissaka

to

Zaha Ayew Meyer
Mccarthy Milivojevic Mcarthur
Riedewald Kouyate Tomkins Kelly

The lack of players who can run and do things quickly is awful. I know it's an injury crisis, but why aren't we recruiting attacking players.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:12 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Either back Roy with funds for players HE wants or wish him well. I feel like we are at the cross roads again where we are just treading water. There is clearly an issue with the players the owners are choosing and those that Roy wants.
I don't enjoy the football we're currently playing, we look laboured in possession and lack a cutting edge in terms of creativity, but our squad has been paper thin for too long now and the current crop look stale and we desperately need an injection of fresh blood in various areas.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:13 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
We're completely unwatchabe without Zaha in the side. Seriosuly, so many boring nothing midfielders. How have we gone from:

Zaha Benteke
Loftus-Cheek Cabaye Milivojevic Townsend
PVA Sakho Tomkins Wan-Bissaka

to

Zaha Ayew Meyer
Mccarthy Milivojevic Mcarthur
Riedewald Kouyate Tomkins Kelly

The lack of players who can run and do things quickly is awful. I know it's an injury crisis, but why aren't we recruiting attacking players.
could not agree more.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:14 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by newish eagle View Post
But that's what makes it a touch boring isn't it?
I donít know if Iíve whooshed you, or youíve just whooshed me
Old 05-01-2020, 04:16 PM

newish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is herenewish eagle Sam the man is here
Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Had to get up at 5:15am to get ready to find a stream to watch this.

Pretty disappointed to see the team selection - wanted more first teamers to be nowhere near the team today.

Struggled to find a stream, but thanks to BBS suggestion found one about 5 minutes into game. Stream kept freezing all game, and had to keep refreshing. Very frustrating.

Disappointed Max got injured.

Disappointed to see McArthur come on (see above).

Disappointed in Luka's actions and reactions... it been brewing for a while, and surprised it took this long to come to a head.

Disappointed Pierrick got taken off.

Disappointed to see Tomkins come on (see above)

Disappointed Riedewald got injured.

Had to be one of the most boring and long winded second halves in the history of watching football.

As I said elsewhere... a total cluster **** of a game.

Maybe I should just go back to bed...
Old 05-01-2020, 04:26 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Roy's working wonders with what he's got, but it feels like a chore watching this team this season, even with wilf in the team.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 05-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Be careful what you wish for
Old 05-01-2020, 04:29 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Either back Roy with funds for players HE wants or wish him well. I feel like we are at the cross roads again where we are just treading water. There is clearly an issue with the players the owners are choosing and those that Roy wants.
I don't enjoy the football we're currently playing, we look laboured in possession and lack a cutting edge in terms of creativity, but our squad has been paper thin for too long now and the current crop look stale and we desperately need an injection of fresh blood in various areas.
The crossroads were at is not Roy it's the owners can they take us any further if you put pep in charge of our squad how much better would we do put Chelsea Leicester wolves owners in charge of club would Roy have more points from there squad they would supply Roy ?
Old 05-01-2020, 04:30 PM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
bE carefUL WHaT YOu wiSH foR ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ
Old 05-01-2020, 04:33 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Be careful what you wish for
I'm wishing to enjoy football again.im also wishing our club could be about more than just wilf pls let him go this window and lets begin again. This club is so stale
Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
17 Premier League cup finals to play. Chin up.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
17 Premier League cup finals to play. Chin up.
Its edge of the seat stuff.