Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I liked him, nothing more.
Oh right

Nothing based on his quality as a coach/manager then ?
Old 29-10-2019, 03:05 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
Hope he gets a job at the wankers with all that public boot licking he did a few months ago after the AWB transfer
Old 29-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Oh right

Nothing based on his quality as a coach/manager then ?
I liked him from what I saw as a coach yes. He seemed old school in his approach. I liked how he handled players, he seemed strict but also like a father figure to some of them. I liked the fact he was in the side when I started supporting the team. I liked how he spoke about he club and his role. The U23 were getting good results up until this season and Shaw played a big part of developing Wan-Bissaka. You could hope he would have an emphasis on academy players if he were to be promoted.

I have no idea of Dave Reddington for example, I would think that a more natural progression from Hodgson were be to promote within and would have been interesting. Shaw to me seemed the most likely. This is based on being a supporter who doenst know the ins and outs a daydream if you will. Turns out that daydream didnt happen. I dont expect it to have been your daydream but it was mine, and that is all it is, I liked him and hoped he managed the first team.

Last edited by MFBias; 29-10-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 29-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Club are saying to pursue other opportunities.
You wouldn’t leave to be unemployed. To me this sounds like a euphemism.
Old 29-10-2019, 03:36 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I'm afraid not.

For sure, in the piece I mentioned a handful of coaches who have gone on to better things but the club has quite a few ex pros who are good at their jobs. It's hard to keep hold of players and coaches when big clubs come in for them. Moreso coaches I would say.
Rules out millwall & br*ghton then .
Gutted as one of my Favourite players back in the day. Very generous person too
Old 29-10-2019, 03:46 PM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Was my story.

To address a few points: It's actually worked out well having ex Palace players as coaches. Richard Shaw was one of the best at the club in my opinion and him leaving the club is a real shame. .....
undoubtedly but Shaw was one of the best and firmly in his role on merit.
I bow to your superior knowledge Woosie...but I was personally never impressed by him as a coach.

Loved him as a player...and I was there THAT night....

Good Luck Richard.
Old 29-10-2019, 03:58 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
I bow to your superior knowledge Woosie...but I was personally never impressed by him as a coach.

What aspect in particular were you not impressed.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I liked him from what I saw as a coach yes. He seemed old school in his approach. I liked how he handled players, he seemed strict but also like a father figure to some of them. I liked the fact he was in the side when I started supporting the team. I liked how he spoke about he club and his role. The U23 were getting good results up until this season and Shaw played a big part of developing Wan-Bissaka. You could hope he would have an emphasis on academy players if he were to be promoted.

I have no idea of Dave Reddington for example, I would think that a more natural progression from Hodgson were be to promote within and would have been interesting. Shaw to me seemed the most likely. This is based on being a supporter who doenst know the ins and outs a daydream if you will. Turns out that daydream didnt happen. I dont expect it to have been your daydream but it was mine, and that is all it is, I liked him and hoped he managed the first team.
Fair enough.

I’d be amazed if any ‘established’ PL club would ever promote any U23 coach to first team manager.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:13 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Where is Garner now?

Last mention on wiki is he was at an Indian Super League team but i don't think he still is.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I met him and his best mate outside Kenilworth Road he jumped off the bus and came over to talk to his mate, now I got a free ticket to the game so forever great full thanks Mr Shaw. but after listening to the conversation he had with his mate boy is he thick as pig shit harsh but true honest but best wishes for your future. by the way it’s been announced it would seem the parting is not on the best of terms
Old 29-10-2019, 04:18 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Millwall in some kind of coaching role (not manager obviously).
Old 29-10-2019, 04:25 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Millwall in some kind of coaching role (not manager obviously).
Hopefully not H, The new manager has taken his coaching team with him and Adam Barrett is staying on .
Old 29-10-2019, 04:32 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
When will we end our obsession with employing people based on the fact they used to play for us?
People in the club will know what he's really like and that he fits which is important.

Shame to see Shaw go though, hope things work out for all.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:35 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Southend with sol cambell ?
Old 29-10-2019, 07:13 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
That’s a shame. Was hopeful he would become first team manager some day.

Pure speculation but I wonder if Shaun Derry’s arrival has led to this and that he is being groomed to eventually take over. Odd to bring in Derry while Shaw was still in-charge.
Maybe Shaw was working a month's notice.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:16 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Club are saying to pursue other opportunities.
Shaw stated that he had other exciting opportunities I believe.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Black coach replaced by White coach. Has to be a racist move by the owners
Old 30-10-2019, 12:39 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shaw has always spoken his mind which has meant not toeing the party line at times. I don't think him being so frank and opinionated impressed the club hierarchy and may be a major factor in his departure. Just my opinion based on impression I've got.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:57 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Shaw has always spoken his mind which has meant not toeing the party line at times. I don't think him being so frank and opinionated impressed the club hierarchy and may be a major factor in his departure. Just my opinion based on impression I've got.
I was wondering if it was linked to the club not sending some of these older U23 players out on loan. We know the players seem to be frustrated about it and maybe Shaw also disagreed with the club's approach?

A difference in opinion about the approach to U23s?

There does seem to be some discontent in that a group at the moment.

Of course I am purely wondering out loud and that could all be well wide of the mark.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:17 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace often field a far younger and more inexperienced side than our opponents at under 23 level.