Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are you panic buying?
I'm no. 1 and **** everyone else 4 1.24%
Only because other people are 3 0.93%
I've stocked up on a few extra things 115 35.60%
Shopping as normal 181 56.04%
Not leaving the house, eating the plants 12 3.72%
Still getting through the supplies from last time 2 0.62%
Moo 6 1.86%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-03-2020, 04:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
One tonne pallets? Do you take your own forklift?
50 x 20kg bags on one pallet. You take a bag from the pallet...

No different to big bags of potatoes or charcoal...really
Old 18-03-2020, 04:46 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Will you be giving us daily updates on your adventures ?
If you you would so like Richard.

Talking of daily updates, which Tory are you gazing upon lovingly on today?
Old 18-03-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Yeah, he can only satisfy his sophisticated palete by buying by the pallet.

must spread rep, etc
Old 18-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
All I'm going by is when I had flu it wasn't a priority.
Mine neither....but I still worried about it.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-03-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
My wife has lost the plot and has already a box in the spare room with supplies in it. It has a sheet over the box telling everyone to not touch. She also is going to the shops nearly everyday, on Monday she admitted she has a problem and said she wont go shopping for a while. Last night she said we needed a few things and could I go to the shops, I said no and an argument ensured about how are now going to stave.
Blimey, you are putting fences up?
Old 18-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL_Beagle View Post
Didnt believe it until I tried it....went onto the Ocado website and was told "You are position 33310 of 33314"
Wow, not even karmasutrapositionchecker.org goes that high
Old 18-03-2020, 04:52 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Mine neither....but I still worried about it.
Old 18-03-2020, 05:11 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
I would love to panic buy......but feckers in my local have beaten me to it....

Old 18-03-2020, 05:19 PM

transformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for youtransformerman is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Depends, do you live alone?
My Mrs can get through one roll per 'sitting ' . Daughters as well when at ours .
Old 18-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
My Mrs can get through one roll per 'sitting ' . Daughters as well when at ours .
She needs to cut back then, kids in Streatham would give thir eye teeth for roll of that

Old 18-03-2020, 05:31 PM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I left the house today for the first time since the panic buying was reported and must say I was shocked at selfishness shown by some of our community . There was very little choice so my weekly shop turned into that will do for tonight and that will get me through tomorrow . The amount of food people are storing will see a lot of waste in the months to come

I elected shopping the same but Im not bringing the usual shop home . I'll have to go out and get some more stuff at the end of the week and have decided I will target ingredients rather than pre packed , its a long time since I made fresh pasta or knocked up my own curry . Im actually quite looking forward to it .
Old 18-03-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
I left the house today for the first time since the panic buying was reported and must say I was shocked at selfishness shown by some of our community . There was very little choice so my weekly shop turned into that will do for tonight and that will get me through tomorrow . The amount of food people are storing will see a lot of waste in the months to come

I elected shopping the same but Im not bringing the usual shop home . I'll have to go out and get some more stuff at the end of the week and have decided I will target ingredients rather than pre packed , its a long time since I made fresh pasta or knocked up my own curry . Im actually quite looking forward to it .
I was just about to say good on you for getting creative about cooking, then I noticed your username
Old 18-03-2020, 05:46 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
50 x 20kg bags on one pallet. You take a bag from the pallet...

No different to big bags of potatoes or charcoal...really
I thought you were taking the pallet!
Old 18-03-2020, 05:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Just got back home. It took me 3 different markets, but I got everything on my shopping list, including 2 packs of 12 rolls of toilet paper.

They were letting 50 people in at a time, which was working well. I managed to get into the first 50 (although they were letting people over 65 in prior to the official opening time).

I just noticed on one of the toilet Roll outer package in has a note saying 12 rolls = 12,000 sheets of paper = 12 weeks supply for one person. I assume they have added this to try and make a point during this situation. My wife is questioning their statement, as she gets through a roll abut every 3 days. Is that normal for a woman - I don't know? She claims it is.

Edit: I see transformerman has confirmed this in a post above!
Old 18-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Just got back home. It took me 3 different markets, but I got everything on my shopping list, including 2 packs of 12 rolls of toilet paper.

They were letting 50 people in at a time, which was working well. I managed to get into the first 50 (although they were letting people over 65 in prior to the official opening time).

I just noticed on one of the toilet Roll outer package in has a note saying 12 rolls = 12,000 sheets of paper = 12 weeks supply for one person. I assume they have added this to try and make a point during this situation. My wife is questioning their statement, as she gets through a roll abut every 3 days. Is that normal for a woman - I don't know? She claims it is.

Edit: I see transformerman has confirmed this in a post above!
Cheaper to buy her one of these
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 18-03-2020, 06:09 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you you would so like Richard.
I I would so like, please. These little heart-warming vignettes of your interactions with the faces of the retail industry will provide succour to us all in these dark times.

Quote:
of daily updates, which Tory are you gazing upon lovingly on today?
I'm afraid you won't catch me out on that one today. I made a mistake, for which I apologised, yesterday. In the current crisis, I look on all politician equally lovingly at the moment. Even the beardie ones.
Old 18-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Blimey, you are putting fences up?
And credit to you for that one !
Old 18-03-2020, 06:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Cheaper to buy her one of these
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Ummm, I actually don't know, or have any desire to know what she does with all the toilet paper. I suspect something like this might add to the problem.

Some things are best left unanswered!
Old 18-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Ummm, I actually don't know, or have any desire to know what she does with all the toilet paper. I suspect something like this might add to the problem.

Some things are best left unanswered!
Probably make up and the such like

Old 18-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I I would so like, please. These little heart-warming vignettes of your interactions with the faces of the retail industry will provide succour to us all in these dark times.
Come again?